Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Exit polls, results, coverage and all things election night.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭nagilum2

I live in a very lefty part of Massachusetts, and people were really worried that Brown would win because he was seen as moderate and competent. But then he started acting like a national Republican rather than a New England moderate, and that didn't go over well.

I have to wonder if the GOP isn't going to purge itself of its far-right extremists after this election cycle. They have essentially cost the GOP the senate.

I don't believe any republican can win national office in a general election in MA. Brown could have walked on water. Wouldn't have mattered.

Now need Romney to run up big popular vote totals. Really hoping Romney can split the pop vote now that O has the EC locked for all practical purposes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

68Murph68 wrote: »
    Republican on RTE was saying that in his opinion this result made it very hard to see Romney winning in Ohio.

I've switched over purely because he was going on about how wrong the polls were. :pac:

CNN exit polls:

Iowa - Obama +6

Nevada - Obama +5

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

nagilum2 wrote: »
    Now need Romney to run up big popular vote totals. Really hoping Romney can split the pop vote now that O has the EC locked for all practical purposes.

What possible good can come from that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

NBC projects Obama win Wis, Penn, NH and a 4th - Minn, I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 206 ✭✭JonSnuuu

vetinari wrote: »
    They're surely close to calling Florida for Obama?
    From looking at CNN, the only major counting left is in Miami which is strongly for Obama

Nearly impossible to see Romney winning if he loses Florida. Looks like it's going to be Obama's night

CNN Project NH for Obama

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭southsiderosie

nagilum2 wrote: »
    I don't believe any republican can win national office in a general election in MA. Brown could have walked on water. Wouldn't have mattered.

I disagree. MA voters are not uniformly Republican - they will support a moderate. But the GOP cannibalizes its moderates.

Also Brown was doing quite well in the polls until late in the campaign.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

WOW. Fox News currently discussing where it went wrong for Romney!

Is that the fat lady singing??

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

BBC predicting Ohio for Obama

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Claire McCaskill projected to beat Todd "Legitimate Rape" Akin in the Missouri senate race.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Its looking pretty ominous for Romney now

:)

Brian? wrote: »
    WOW. Fox News currently discussing where it went wrong for Romney!

Is that the fat lady singing??

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

BBC predicting NH for Obama

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

Sarah Palin waving the white flag now on Fox :D

Sarah Palin currently talking about what 4 more years of Obama will mean. She's talking out of her hole as usual. Man she has big hair!

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

4 more years of gridlock it is.

Sarah Palin currently talking about what 4 more years of Obama will mean. She's talking out of her hole as usual. Man she has big hair!

Shes basically telling American's how stupid they are :cool:

Women and young voters for Obama the difference according to BBC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

At this stage I will be quiet surprised if Obama doesn't do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Can anyone explain to me what 'None' means on the CNN stats for Nevada as it's the only state that has it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Once Obama gets Ohio its done

Republicans on CNN pretty much admitting defeat too

Corkfeen wrote: »
    Can anyone explain to me what 'None' means on the CNN stats for Nevada as it's the only state that has it?

they have no results in yet.

matthew8 wrote: »
    4 more years of gridlock it is.

Well it doesn't have to be. Mitch McConnell said after Obama won that the number 1 priority of the GOP was to unseat the President. Over 2 billion dollars later, they appear to have failed. Will they now actually try to work with the White House to try and solve some of the country's problems?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Stheno wrote: »
    Women and young voters for Obama the difference according to BBC

What an impact a no big deal seeming question/issue about equality for women in the 2nd debate has turned out to be!

The whole answer from Romney was suicide...binders full of women, what a twat.

She's actually telling Americans they don't understand the true interpretation of the constitution. What an arrogant bitch.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

Well it doesn't have to be. Mitch McConnell said after Obama won that the number 1 priority of the GOP was to unseat the President. Over 2 billion dollars later, they appear to have failed. Will they now actually try to work with the White House to try and solve some of the country's problems?

Judging by the less than conciliatory mood on fox news, no.

Hazys wrote: »
    What an impact a no big deal seeming question/issue about equality for women in the 2nd debate has turned out to be!

The whole answer from Romney was suicide...binders full of women, what a twat.

IN fairness that would be a non issue for me as a female voter.

Supreme court influence, reduction in access to contraceptive as part of healthcare, potential impact on availability of abortion, reduction/ridding of planned parenthood all more important to me. And I suspect some women in America.

• Advertisement

Karl Rove is doing a great job of making me worried Romney will take Ohio. The evil bastard is great with numbers, that's what worries me.

they/them/theirs

I don't get this concept all you guys have that republicans should vote against their principles. They've been given a mandate in the house. The people want gridlock.

whats the traditional percentage voter turn out in the US?

People still waiting to vote at some Florida voting stations.

Judging by the less than conciliatory mood on fox news, no.

I hope not. I'm rooting for total gridlock. Romney would have compromised and made deals with whoever was in power. Obama is stubborn and so are the republicans. Neither will budge.

Bring on sequestration!

:D

Jaysus, she'll end up sounding like a Democrat if she's not careful. :D;)

People still waiting to vote at some Florida voting stations.

Mid sixties, isn't it?

I don't get this concept all you guys have that republicans should vote against their principles. They've been given a mandate in the house. The people want gridlock.

I'd argue that those most interested in supporting the republicans vote for varying reasons

America to me is a very polarised society and their voting pattern reflects that?

Just for entertainment value, it would be nice of Romney could win a couple of the important ones. Otherwise there's no point in my logging in when I get home, the fun would be over.

• Advertisement

Exactly! :D

Romney would not have produced gridlock. He would have compromised with Senate democrats, and the republicans would have gone along with him no matter how bad the legislation was just like they did with Bush in the WH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

Doesn't really matter.
    Banking interests rule the world and that power construct is beginning to collapse from within and from without.
    Hold tight.

Just for entertainment value, it would be nice of Romney could win a couple of the important ones. Otherwise there's no point in my logging in when I get home, the fun would be over.

Yeah now that Obama has it locked up, I'm hoping Romney can pull out as many other states as possible to minimize Obama's mandate.

Stheno wrote: »
    I'd argue that those most interested in supporting the republicans vote for varying reasons

America to me is a very polarised society and their voting pattern reflects that?

There have been polls in which the people have replied, without talking about either party specifically, that they want a different party to control the house to the president.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

Karl Rove is doing a great job of making me worried Romney will take Ohio. The evil bastard is great with numbers, that's what worries me.

Ohio might not matter if Obama wins Florida and CNN are making that case very strong. The vast majority of the votes yet to come in are in big blue areas.

Watch Fox, Rove is worrying.

they/them/theirs

• Advertisement

Don''t be - Rove is TERRIBLE with numbers. I know a statistician who worked on the 2006 Congressional races, and Rove insisted until the bitter end that the GOP was going to hold the House, even though it was obvious the they were not. Rove talks a lot of ****e and is slick as hell, but he is not a good pollster - he's a party hack.

From the Guardian - which apparently has run the numbers:
    In case you were wondering, for Mitt Romney to win the presidential election from this point, he has to win each of Florida, Ohio, Virginia, North Carolina, Iowa and Colorado.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

He looks a really old baby.

There have been polls in which the people have replied, without talking about either party specifically, that they want a different party to control the house to the president.

And frankly, I'm one of those people. I don't like the idea of a one-party triumvirate.

But I don't want total and absolute gridlock. Just to put the reins on some of the less... centrist.. proposals.

The only thing that concerns me about an Obama presidency is the Supreme Court. I have my reasons, just as much as an Obama supporter has theirs. In terms of governence, however, it's not the end of the world.

NTM

Duck Soup wrote: »
    From the Guardian - which apparently has run the numbers:

Hmm am following BBC who have called Iowa and Nevada for Obama

• Advertisement
Advertisement