Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Exit polls, results, coverage and all things election night.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭southsiderosie

why? are you american? genuine question

Yes, I was born and raised in Chicago.
    I have never wished I were in Chicago

:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭Suryavarman

Fox has called Ohio for Obama. Game over.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,356 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Romney served as the former Governor of MA. The MA voters probably know Romney better than any other citizens in the country, having experienced his governance first hand. The majority of MA voters made him governor back then, but now this majority of voters are voting for Obama and not Romney. What does this mean?

Whoa, Brian Williams of NBC has now called the election for Obama.

Fox News shows Obama winning Presidency.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Fox has called Ohio for Obama. Game over.

Echo? :)

Fox are getting ready to call Florida blue as well it seems. It's a landslide ;)

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

CNN still afraid to call it.

Its over...OBAMA!!!

• Advertisement

CNN just called it for Obama via Ohio.

My neighbors are cheering.

:D

CNN calls the election for Barack Obama.

Ya beaut!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭nagilum2

Black Swan wrote: »
    Romney served as the former Governor of MA. The MA voters probably know Romney better than any other citizens in the country, having experienced his governance first hand. The majority of MA voters made him governor back then, but now this majority of voters are voting for Obama and not Romney. What does this mean?

It means the same thing as when Gore lost Tenn. Some states won't ever vote the other party for national office. Ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Democrats retain control of the Senate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

Fox are hilarious, i'm aware of their reputation of course but when you see it for yourself it really is something else.

• Advertisement

In the end it wasn't even that close.

they/them/theirs

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Marijuana legalised

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭cristoir

Think I'll head to bed. Great thread, great night.

4 MORE YEARS!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Typing this from gas station. Person pulls up at pump next to me, looks at fuel price and says to wife "3.87. Must be an election week" (was almost a dollar higher last month)

OK, so congratulations Obama. Now, to look at the races that are actually important: The State governments and propositions. Will I have higher income tax or sales tax tomorrow, or neither?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

what will the margin be ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭harney

BBC just called it for Obama

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

What about California? They haven't been counted yet? I know Obama doesn't need it. . . .

Now, to look at the races that are actually important: The State governments and propositions. Will I have higher income tax or sales tax tomorrow, or neither?
    There'll be more women in congress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

CBS calling the election for Obama

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Has Ohio definitely finished counting?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Mjollnir

Yes, I was born and raised in Chicago.

:mad:

Chicago is one of the great world cities.

In fact, I was named after the guy who had one of the greatest restaurants in the city's history, at 500 North Clark St.

Love that town, passionately.

What about California? They haven't been counted yet? I know Obama doesn't need it. . . .

It was called for Obama as soon as the polls closed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭Suryavarman

Brian? wrote: »
    Echo? :)

Fox are getting ready to call Florida blue as well it seems. It's a landslide ;)

Leave me alone :mad: I was only a minute later than you :p

Karl Rove is still in denial on Fox...LOLOLOLOLOL. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Anyone else sort of impressed by the accuracy of Nate Silver in the end? Also, did Romney ever get around to writing the concession speech.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

Dems will get over 300 just as Nate predicted.

Corkfeen wrote: »
    Anyone else sort of impressed by the accuracy of Nate Silver in the end? Also, did Romney ever get around to writing the concession speech.....

No, but I am impressed by the ability of the Republican party to continue to be their own worst enemy.

Now the Fox Bots are interviewing their own pollsters about why they are calling the election for Obama. HI-LARIOUS.

Karl Rove disputing the Fox call in Ohio. Embarrassing stuff.

they/them/theirs

• Advertisement

Karl Rove disputing the Fox call in Ohio. Embarrassing stuff.

I told ya. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

Now the Fox Bots are interviewing their own pollsters about why they are calling the election for Obama. HI-LARIOUS.

What is Rove at???

First I thought it was a shameful attempt to create their own little bit of drama to keep folks tuned in but even their own people are calling him phoney now :p

They're about to disappear up the black hole of their own spin.

they/them/theirs

Romney said earlier he only wrote an acceptance speech. Someone pass him an envelope and a biro. :D

Anyone seen Amerika?

What is Rove at???

First I thought it was a shameful attempt to create their own little bit of drama but even their own people are calling him phoney now :p

Yeah, I love how the statisticians were like "Obama won. Feck off."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,197 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Watching FOX cut to commercial while Rove frantically scribbles numbers... sigh.

• Advertisement

I told ya. ;)

I used to have a grudging respect for Rove. Hated him but respected him. If he's wrong on this he's a bufoon.

they/them/theirs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

MadsL wrote: »
    Romney said earlier he only wrote an acceptance speech. Someone pass him an envelope and a biro. :D

Anyone seen Amerika?
    He asked something about military votes a couple of hours back and hasn't been seen since.

NBC reporting Romney is not conceding Ohio.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Conas

I used to have a grudging respect for Rove. Hated him but respected him. If he's wrong on this he's a bufoon.

He's a bufoon because his company has invested heavily in trying to get Romney elected, and now him and his investors are going to get hit hard. lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

No, but I am impressed by the ability of the Republican party to continue to be their own worst enemy.

That would suggest, somewhat, that the Republican party is right about everything but fails to advertise itself correctly.
    Ever consider that it's not just that?

• Advertisement

He asked something about military votes and hasn't been seen since.

I think we should all leave him be. He's lost a lot tonight.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

He asked something about military votes and hasn't been seen since.

Ahahahahaha. Not sure if you're serious or not, either way it's hilarious.

He's probably after pouring milk into his pc, cut his own phone lines and put plugs in his ears.

Chuckles Krauthammer saying Obama has no mandate. What about the one give by the constitution?

they/them/theirs

Chuckles Krauthammer saying Obama has no mandate. What about the one give by the constitution?

Spin, spin, spin.

Given that their right-wing candidates lost easy seats in the Senate, and their candidate couldn't beat Obama even given the state of the economy, I'd say that voters have sent a message to the GOP.

He asked something about military votes a couple of hours back and hasn't been seen since.
    Probably in bed, not sleeping well.

ascanbe wrote: »

That would suggest that the Republican party is right about everything but fails to advertise itself correctly.
    Ever consider that it's not just that?

They don't need to be right about everything. There are enough Americans who think they are right about enough policies to make their candidates viable. They then proceed to sabotage themselves, usually by saying something which alienates those who would otherwise vote for them.

Rove in meltdown, Trump calling for revolution. This is causing heads to explode.

Breaking news: Romney to seek 2016 Democratic nomination.

Just heard him called "a liberal" on Fox.

Duck Soup wrote: »
    Rove in meltdown, Trump calling for revolution. This is causing heads to explode.
    Trump is a constant source of amusement.

What odds legal challenges to the results in Ohio and Florida and possibly Colorado or Virginia as well?

• Advertisement
Advertisement