Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Juwel Filter Casing Seperated from glass

Options
  • 07-11-2012 1:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭

While doing a water change yesterday I noticed the big black bock that houses the filter in my Vision 180 had almost came free from the glass. When I was finished the water change it came completely free from the glass and is now floating in the tank. Does it affect the performance at all if the black unit is completely submerged? I have another filter running in the tank all the time anyway so I reckon I am safe enough.
    Any ideas what I can use to reattach the filter to the glass? Will this involve completely draining the tank?
    Thanks for the help!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mr Whirly

It does need to be fully submerged.

You could try taking about 40% of the water out and stick it back using silicone. You will probably have to clamp it to the glass for 24 hours before filling it back up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Mr Whirly wrote: »
    It does need to be fully submerged.

You could try taking about 40% of the water out and stick it back using silicone. You will probably have to clamp it to the glass for 24 hours before filling it back up.

You dont need to take out any water or use a clamp.

Just use Tech 7....(black,white,grey or brown colours)

Instant sealing and grip,perfectly safe to use in aquariams and also can be used underwater.

My girlfriend used it on our Discuss tank to secure pieces of dead wood to flat pieces of rock.

11-12 euro in any good builders providers.

Its brilliant.:D

Advertisement