Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Husky types, different colour eyes.

• 07-11-2012 1:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭

Came across another husky type dog today out straying. What I noticed is his two different coloured eyes. Out of all the husky type dogs this year I've met it has been a high percentage that have had different coloured eyes. Usually one blue and then another colour.
    Nice dog too. Fairly ribby under all that fur poor chap.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

Siberian huskies can have a variety of eye colours, they can both be the same colour, they can be bi-eyed and also parti eyed (one eye has two colours in it). One of my boys has one brown eye, one blue with some brown in it, so is bi and parti eyed. Some people think that blue eyed dogs are blind! They're not, the eye colour has no impact on their ability to see. Blue, brown, amber, green, are all accepted eye colours in sibes. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭CreedonsDogDayc

Our manager's husky has two different colour brown eyes! One dark brown, one golden brown.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭time lord

Dog back with owner. No collar etc but had chip. Keeps escaping apparently, owner happy but down a few bob with dog warden fine. Didn't have to spend a night in pound either which is always a good thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

time lord wrote: »
    chip. Keeps escaping apparently, owner happy but down a few bob with dog warden fine.

Perhaps a few more fines might give him the push he clearly needs, to secure his garden properly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Is it Huskys that will follow random people?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Any friendly dog will follow random people!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Wicklowandy

time lord wrote: »
    Came across another husky type dog today out straying. What I noticed is his two different coloured eyes. Out of all the husky type dogs this year I've met it has been a high percentage that have had different coloured eyes. Usually one blue and then another colour.
    Nice dog too. Fairly ribby under all that fur poor chap.

Do you live around my way (mid wicklow)

Theres a beautiful bi eyed husky still in last winters coat running a bit wild around here. Usual stuff owner wants him to live a 'natural' life.

Hes the same colour approximately as mine so im getting all sorts of calls asking me to come get my dog etc.

He knocked an older man over this evening trying to get at his little scotty so hopefully dog warden might talk some sense to his owner....

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭time lord

Do you live around my way (mid wicklow)

Theres a beautiful bi eyed husky still in last winters coat running a bit wild around here. Usual stuff owner wants him to live a 'natural' life.

Hes the same colour approximately as mine so im getting all sorts of calls asking me to come get my dog etc.

He knocked an older man over this evening trying to get at his little scotty so hopefully dog warden might talk some sense to his owner....

Not me, they seem to have taken over from last years most increased strays which were rotties and Akitas. This year Husky types have passed them out. I seem to find whatever is most 'fashionable' leads the spike in strays over a given time frame.
    A big Hollywood blockbuster always leads to a different breed getting a huge boost in numbers and subsequently a rise in strays of that breed too.
    It would be good if they had a great film about retired greyhounds getting a new home type scenario. Now that would be welcome.

Advertisement