Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gun Cabinet size ?

Options
  • 07-11-2012 6:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭

I need a safe for my CZ 455 .22lr with 3-9x50 scope with possibly high mounts.As I have not collected the gun yet, I do not have the correct measurements. I would'nt mind fitting the gun diagonally within the safe as I won't be buying a second gun.I was looking on line at SportsDen.ie (J.F.C. 3 gun safe €155) the reviews are good but I am not totally convinced as the measurements seem small, but maybe I am being over cautious or a 'Doubting Thomas'.
    Any suggestions or advice anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Get a 'Deep' gun safe for any rifle that have a scope fitted. The normal safes are for shotguns and your just about get one scoped rifle in them. The next thing is you'll get another firearm and a normal safe won't do

So just send a little extra now for a deep safe :)

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Ziggieire

i have a 5 gun and it just fits 2 scoped and one with no scope.
    i fond when they stand stright up with the scope touching the back of the case the bottom of the hand grip is hitting the bottom lock of the safe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭021CRETE01

clivej wrote: »
    Get a 'Deep' gun safe for any rifle that have a scope fitted. The normal safes are for shotguns and your just about get one scoped rifle in them. The next thing is you'll get another firearm and a normal safe won't do

So just send a little extra now for a deep safe :)

Hi Clivej,

Advice taken, will go with 4-5 Gun to be sure.

Thanks
    021CRETE01

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭021CRETE01

Hi Ziggiere,

Thanks for helpful advice.

021CRETE01

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

I have a 5 gun Warmflo cabinet with vault locking, it holds two shotguns and two scoped rifles no bother and no damage has been done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭4200fps

I was thinking the very same as you when I bought a gun and wanted a small safe. Friend said get bigger as I will regret it if i don't and lucky i listened to him as I have a second gun now and its great having the room inside it. At the time I swore i wont buy a second gun but that piece of mind changed a few months later

Advertisement