Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

gaggia classic reduced to £180 on amazon

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,932 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Nice timing with the video, I have a steam wand on the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 949 ✭✭✭M.J.M.C

Vexorg wrote: »
    Nice timing with the video, I have a steam wand on the way.
    We meet again haha!

Is it a silvia wand for a classic?
    How do you find your classic? Toying with the idea of getting one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 202 ✭✭livingthedream

Hi mate,

I did the Silvia mod on my Gaggia Classic. It's pretty straight forward to do as the videos show.

Several months after doing it the O-ring on the wand let go and it started leaking at the wand but a quick trip to Woodies for an assorted pack of O-Rings and the issue was solved for less than a fiver!

I would definitely recommend doing the mod. You can get a much finer micro foam with the silvia wand.

~LTD.

Thanks man

How long have you had it, my only concern about buying one is i'm reading about the aluminium boiler having issues with not being able to be descaled

M.J.M.C wrote: »
    We meet again haha!

Is it a silvia wand for a classic?
    How do you find your classic? Toying with the idea of getting one

Yes, the wand is for a classic.

The classic is great for the price. I think most people agree that a grinder is an important investment so you could/should consider end up investing more in the grinder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 991 ✭✭✭SuperGrover

More of an inconvenience than a distaster but, yeah, bit of a let down alright.

I don't think this fault is fixable as it seems to be a disconnected water pipe or some such in a relatively sealed area. Better to report it than start messing about with it.

Still have the Classic and the MDF (cleaned inside and out yesterday by my wife in prep for selling... like new now) so no biggie.

Just glad they're sorting it. Like yourself, I've had a nightmare before, as referenced.

Got the replacement machine today. All well. The milk frother is a little 'enthusiastic' when dispensing but there must be a way to control that. Splashy business right now.

Otherwise, neat and tidy and a decent enough espresso from it.

Am I allowed link here to my ad on Adverts.ie for my classic and MDF, or would I be in trouble for that?

You could always put a link it in your sig, I see lots of people doing that.

Pm the Mods Gran Hermano or Mr Magnolia regarding putting up a link in a thread.

Just found your ad and nice to see you include a proper tamper the standard plastic tamper is nasty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

No problem from my side if you want to link on thread to your ad on adverts.ie
    (Please keep all negotiations on adverts.ie)

Sound. Cheers...

http://adverts.ie/4862731

• Advertisement

Gaggia Classic back down to 179GBP (217 euro) now folks on Amazon.
    Was at 254GBP (308 euro) the last few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭garbanzo

http://www.international.melitta.de/produkt_detail_en,,67814.html

One of these on the way at the moment. Missus is sick of coffee grounds everywhere. Never had a bean to cup. Hope it works out ok.

Well.....how did you get on then?

garbanzo wrote: »
    Well.....how did you get on then?

Thanks for asking.

It's grand, like. Looks the job. Decent coffee and self-cleaning and all sorts but I can't get the foam to behave. One of those tube thingies that goes into the milk itself and draws it out. It's a bit on the fizzy side. I may look into getting a steam wand instead, if possible.

I always enjoyed trying to get a decentish microfoam from the Gaggia but with this gizmo it's hard to have any influence over it.

Still, it puts out a good coffee, looks great, is clean end efficient, there aren't coffee grounds everywhere and the missus is happy.

Sold the Classic and MDF fairly sharpish for 210. Had posted for 250 but happy with a the quick sale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 202 ✭✭livingthedream

..... and the missus is happy.

Peace once again in SuperGrovers house ;)

Knock drawer and stand are going great btw!

Cheers,

~LTD

Good stuff LTD. Did you fashion a length of broom handle or some such for the knock box?

Have started to combine latte milk and cappucino foam on the new gizmo to better effect. Foam alone is too fluffy.

A little tweaking of the mix and I'll be there.

Advertisement