Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

swiftcall so-lo vouchers

Options
  • 07-11-2012 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭

Well now this is all very interesting!

I have been using swiftcall so-lo vouchers for cheaper calls for probably7/8 years and have generally been very happy with them. Until recently I have always purchased a €5 voucher.

A few months ago I started buying them from a new service station outlet and the minimum price went up to €7. I assumed it was just a normal price increase. However, I also noticed that the access numbers on the vouchers had changed too. The number I have always used for many years is 01 255 9010 and I still use this.

I decided to call so-lo for a chat and used the help number shown at bottom of voucher. A man answered and told me it was not the number for so-lo and was annoyed because he kept getting calls for so-lo and that it was the wrong number. I apologised and told him I would contact so-lo via the website and report the matter.

I called so–lo using the help number on website. They told me that they would look into the matter of the wrong help number on the voucher. I then pointed out the different access numbers to the 01 255 9010 that I always use. He told me that these were also wrong and to keep using the 01 255 9010 number. I also mentioned that the price for vouchers had gone up from €5 to €7. He said that so-lo’s charges had not gone up at all. He then appeared to be very concerned about all of this and asked me for the name and address of the service station and said that he would investigate the matter. I was satisfied with this response.

I think it best not to mention the name of the service station while this investigation is under way but decided to post this story here in case others have had a similar experience.

Now here is the other very interesting bit!!!!!!!!!!

I had forgotten all about it but guess what?, I have posted about the wrong access numbers (the same as appearing on my current voucher) before on 4/3/2010. You’ll see that at that time so-lo said that the wrong numbers were ‘old numbers’ and that they (so-lo) were waiting for them to ‘run out’. Its been over 2 years!

I leave you to make of all this what you will.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

I have no knowledge of so-lo whatsoever, but I do have huge experience of dealing with the telecom companies.

Double check everything you are being told. Some (maybe not this one), are as two faced as they come. They will tell you anything to get rid of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭the watchman

I put my concerns to Swiftcall in writing and they have not replied.

Last time I looked their website still states that the cheapest call voucher is €5 and yet the price is actually €7.

If you use 01 255 9010 for access which doesn’t even appear on the voucher you will get twice the call time to UK.

Far too many discrepancies with them now so I won’t be using them anymore. That’s it.

Advertisement