Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea v Shakhtar Donetsk Sky Sports 4

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

FU#K that was an important goal moses

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Really enjoyed the game tonight. All of our players performed well. Luiz was a bit wild at times, but played well. Cahill was slid and the three boys were brilliant. Great sub for the Moses goal!

The next generation (no Lamps, Terry, Cole) and we won well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Really enjoyed the game tonight. All of our players performed well. Luiz was a bit wild at times, but played well. Cahill was slid and the three boys were brilliant. Great sub for the Moses goal!

The next generation (no Lamps, Terry, Cole) and we won well

Not a chance we were so so lucky to win tonight IMO. first 2 goals were a result of shocking mistakes from the keeper (second was a great finish mind you). Shakhtar took the foot off the gas in the second half, It's a vitally important win no doubt but it wasn't a good win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

Great steal there, played much better in the second half but hardly a truly deserved win.

Not sure what Shaktar were up to second half, either they were knackered or thought to hit us on the break, either way a very useful win in the campaign to retain the cup !

I'm really starting to wonder if Torres has some photos of Roman and Robbie in some compromising sexual pose, nothing else explains persisting with him week in week out when we have other options.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

I honestly think that Luiz is the biggest liablity we have.
    You cant have midfielders coming back to cover for him!
    Sort him out or play someone else and then the pretty football we are playing wont leave us so exposed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

Not a chance we were so so lucky to win tonight IMO. first 2 goals were a result of shocking mistakes from the keeper (second was a great finish mind you). Shakhtar took the foot off the gas in the second half, It's a vitally important win no doubt but it wasn't a good win.

I wouldn't say we were lucky? Shakhtar were the better team in the 1st half, we were the better team in the 2nd half, we were also denied a stone wall peno too, that could of killed the game off.

Also gutted for Mikel being denied that goal, would of been great for him to get on the team sheet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

That was some important goal Moses scored tonite. Wouldn't fancy needing a win against Juventus next match.

Luiz and Torres(as usual) poor showing tonite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Didnt see the game, but delighted with the result!

Also, 3 forward players scoring and Moses two games in a row!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I thought Bertrand was our worse performer tonight, both goals came from atacking down their right and I think Cole would have been more solid and stopped those crosses into the box, it highlights just how far behind Bertrand is from Cole IMO.

Very lucky tonight, makes going to Italy a little easier mind you.

If Shakthar get out of the group they'll cause teams problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I thought Bertrand was our worse performer tonight, both goals came from atacking down their right and I think Cole would have been more solid and stopped those crosses into the box, it highlights just how far behind Bertrand is from Cole IMO.

Very lucky tonight, makes going to Italy a little easier mind you.

If Shakthar get out of the group they'll cause teams problems.

Bertrand did look shakey, right from the start he was making mistakes, although it doesnt help when your a wing back bombing up the pitch to offer support and your team keep giving the ball away therefore leaving you caught out of position.

Also I didnt really see the point of RDM switching Mikel & Ramires around, I understand he wanted Ramires on the left to help protect Bertrand but I think Mikel would of done a good enough job. It didnt really make much of a difference to our play, I just thought it was a bit of a strange one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Caveman1 wrote: »
    Bertrand did look shakey, right from the start he was making mistakes, although it doesnt help when your a wing back bombing up the pitch to offer support and your team keep giving the ball away therefore leaving you caught out of position.

Also I didnt really see the point of RDM switching Mikel & Ramires around, I understand he wanted Ramires on the left to help protect Bertrand but I think Mikel would of done a good enough job. It didnt really make much of a difference to our play, I just thought it was a bit of a strange one.

Yup, agree, thought it left Fernandinho free to roam to much inside and Mikel was never going to get close enough to him.

I also thought Ramires should have had a stone wall penalty and lucky it didnt cost us in the end.

Advertisement