Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Councillor resigns from Town Council

Options
  • 07-11-2012 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭

Councillor James O'Sullivan has praised the contribution of his former colleague, Ciarán Hayden, following his resignation from Greystones Town Council.

Speaking after Ciarán Hayden resigned, Councillor O'Sullivan said, "I would like to extend my thanks to Ciarán, with whom I have been proud to serve as a member of Greystones Town Council. I know that his contribution to the Council will be missed.”

“Ciarán has served our Town with dedication and I say this despite our political differences. While we have not always agreed, Ciarán has always been open to working together for the good of our town. While serving as a member of the Council his sole motivation was for the good of our Community and not for political considerations.”

“I would like to extend my best wishes for the future to him and his family,” concluded Councillor O’Sullivan.

05/11/2012
    Source: Greystones guide www.greystonesguide.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭hamstervision

Yeah, a story about his resignation was on the cover of the Wicklow Times this week, in protest to the axing of Greystones Town Council apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

There was also something about his job in the fire service too

Taragh Hanley The person named in the Wicklow Times as a possible replacement has a facebook page as an FF area representative for the Kilcoole area

Realistically I'm sure that the government is not really worried about 1 town cllr resigning and I don't really buy this "protest" as the main reason.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭darter

Realistically I'm sure that the government is not really worried about 1 town cllr resigning and I don't really buy this "protest" as the main reason.

For once I agree with you mango salsa, except I would say the Government is "not worried at all" and is probably joyous, if they notice at all.

The guy's antics have been a joke over the last years, and I am sure the FF party were eager to dump him as an embarrassing liability.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Cerco

And so the fireman burns his bridges and creates a smokescreen

Let him go to blazes" ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 274 ✭✭The Durutti Column

No loss at all. Quite the contrary.

The man acted as chief cheerleader for the blight-bringers, Sispar, and constantly obstructed efforts to get something, anything done about the ghost harbour.

Protest? Rubbish. For one thing, his timing is way off — the time for a protest would be when the Bill is introduced; second, you'd think an organised protest by more than one Fianna Failure councillor at a time would be the way to go.

This has more to do with seeing the writing on the wall for himself (as the last ever post on his now defunct website suggested), plus the incongruity of being fire officer AND a TC. He was probably told by WCC, his new employer, that taking this job and continuing as TC would be mutually exclusive.

BTW, anyone know why he abandoned his fuel store business at Blacklion?

:D;):):p:confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement