Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest Wheelie Bin Service

• 07-11-2012 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

Hi,

Hoping someone can help me out here. The 3 wheelie bin services that I can see around are AES, Mr.Binman and Clean Irl. All the prices are pretty similar but does anyone know which will work out the cheapest in the long run??

Thanks!!x

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

if you manage to have only one pickup a month then AES works the cheapest, otherwise there's no real difference between those three

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

If you're checking out prices, have a look at South West Bins. TheY collect general waste, recycle and compost every 2nd week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

AES will normally have a stand in the parkway later in the week so go, act casual(not like your looking for a service), tell him you get your bins collected now for €21 a month and try and get him to beat it. Sales people need your new sign ups, people over the phone aren't too bothered.

€21 for a weekly pickup seems to be the cheap price out there. That's what I pay AES

that's what I pay Clean Irl at the moment. all of them will offer you e21 for the first 6 months, and then you need to bargain with them again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭djdunny

I just signed up to AES with yer man in the Parkway. The first 6 month is €50 / €79 for the next 6 months. He then gave me €15 off for paying by direct debit and a €15 discount for a refer a friend ( if you know anyone with AES give him their name and both will get €15 discount). Glass & recycling are free. €9 per lift for general waste & €3 for organic. Also they have a free txt service to remind you to put out your bin the night before.

• Advertisement

so for 6 months, assuming you will have two pickups/month you will be paying:
    50(for 6 months)
    2x9(each)x6(months)=128
    2x3(each)x6(months)=36
    it's 214/6 which gives you 35/month for two pickups

50(for 6 months)
    1x9(each)x6(months)=54
    1x3(each)x6(months)=18
    which gives you 122/6 = 21/month

later on when it will come up to e79/6months you will be paying e40/e25 respectively

in all fairness it's only a good deal (comparing to other providers) if you have one pickup a month

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

I'm no fan of Mr. Bin man having left them several times over the years only to have them take over other bin companies that shut down, when they went into receivership I stuck with them on principle alone as some small gesture in the hopes that it would keep some jobs safe and employees would not end up out of work and no other reason. its about 400 Euro's per year which to me sounds a crazy amount just to get rubbish taken away.

That's with a full size bin being collected every week.
    with a Recycle bin and a small brown organic bin.

A lot of the prices that look cheaper are based on your bin being picked up once every 2 weeks or alternating between your main bin your recycle bin and other bin. And a lot of the gob****es calling to the door swearing their deals are cheaper are factoring a collection of once every two weeks and temporary offers that expire after a few months where the prices shoot up from their cheap ass price to full whack.

Growing up as a Kid I never remember my parents NEVER having to "PAY" to get their bin collected, until as a Teenager Bin Tags were introduced that were only 20pence and later 50pence per week to get your bin taken away a whole 25-26 Irish punts for a whole year.

~B

^^ last time checked I was under the impression Mr B takes the bins bi-weekly now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

I'm paying 260 a year for a collection every second week from Mr Binman .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

fl4pj4ck wrote: »
    ^^ last time checked I was under the impression Mr B takes the bins bi-weekly now?

Mr Binman collects ours weekly, it costs a little under €400 / year at the moment

• Advertisement

so it's e33/month(weekly) vs 21/month(bi-weekly)

so as it works out, AES is the dearest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

fl4pj4ck wrote: »
    so it's e33/month(weekly) vs 21/month(bi-weekly)

so as it works out, AES is the dearest

I pay €21 with AES and its Weekly. Blue Bin one week Green the other week. They tried to increase the price €1 but I fought them off valiantly. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭trinz23

The best offer I have got so far is actually with Mr Binman, got the same offer for AES as above. Mr Binman are going to charge me €156 every 6 months with bi monthly pick ups. That includes an allowance of 400kg of waste (I have no idea if that is a lot or not!) and every kg over after that is only half a cent.

That has to be a good offer right??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

trinz23 wrote: »
    The best offer I have got so far is actually with Mr Binman, got the same offer for AES as above. Mr Binman are going to charge me €156 every 6 months with bi monthly pick ups. That includes an allowance of 400kg of waste (I have no idea if that is a lot or not!) and every kg over after that is only half a cent.

That has to be a good offer right??

Mine is the same for €130

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 782 ✭✭✭jsd1004

Beer Baron wrote: »
    I pay €21 with AES and its Weekly. Blue Bin one week Green the other week. They tried to increase the price €1 but I fought them off valiantly. :D
    I use AES and never had to put out the general waste bin in two years. There is very little to go in it as i have a glass, recycling, and compost bin. The compost bin usually once every two months (gets smelly especially in the summer)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

OK cancel that above about South West Bins.
    They never collected today and when I rang I was told that they have now been taken over by Clean Irl. Rang CI and they said that SWB are still responsible for the collections until things are finalised. Looks like the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing yet and I'm still left with a full bin :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Clean Ireland are very good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

LB6 wrote: »
    OK cancel that above about South West Bins.
    They never collected today and when I rang I was told that they have now been taken over by Clean Irl. Rang CI and they said that SWB are still responsible for the collections until things are finalised. Looks like the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing yet and I'm still left with a full bin :mad:

South West Bins Truck just passed my door NOW! they are collecting
    at Eight at night which is odd. Must be trying to make up for not collecting before.

~B

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭komodosp

Last year I paid AES €228 in total, though I get my general waste bin collected only like every 6 or 8 weeks (It doesn't fill up that quickly) - also I never use the organic bin. (the recycle one is free which they collect every 2 weeks)

So that appears to be the cheapest for me. Though they seem to have gotten a bit stricter on not collecting if you don't keep your balance at least €0.

Advertisement