Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to stop emails from Boards please

Options
  • 07-11-2012 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭

Hello,

Sorry for this silly topic, but i can not seem to stop emails being sent to me from boards.ie based on other users who also comment on a thread....

I have tried to follow some old posts but it does not seem to apply...
    Maybe they were valid on an old version of the website....

Any help would be much appreciated....:confused:
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Go here and change the Default Thread Subscription Mode to 'No email notification'. It'll stop it happening for new threads you post in.

For the older threads, you'd need to go here and unsubscribe to all of them to stop getting the mails.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭dozy doctor

Blowfish wrote: »
    Go here and change the Default Thread Subscription Mode to 'No email notification'. It'll stop it happening for new threads you post in.

For the older threads, you'd need to go here and unsubscribe to all of them to stop getting the mails.

That's great thank you.. However does this mean that they post will also stop showing in my notifications bar whilst i am in boards....

I don't necessarily want to stop following threads, i just want the emails to stop coming from boards..... Does this make any sense at all or am I explaining it wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

I don't necessarily want to stop following threads, i just want the emails to stop coming from boards..... Does this make any sense at all or am I explaining it wrong?
    Basically any time you follow a thread, it applies the setting in the first link to it permanently.

If you unfollow and then refollow your threads from the second link, it'll remove the 'send email' setting and leave the 'don't send email' one, but everything will still appear in your notifications.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭dozy doctor

Blowfish wrote: »
    Basically any time you follow a thread, it applies the setting in the first link to it permanently.

If you unfollow and then refollow your threads from the second link, it'll remove the 'send email' setting and leave the 'don't send email' one, but everything will still appear in your notifications.

Really appreciate the help Blowfish.... Got it all sorted at last... smile.png

Advertisement