Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to find Peruvian Roquito Peppers

Options
  • 07-11-2012 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭

We got some of these on a Dominos Pizza the other day and OH can't stop talking about them. We've looked in Fallon and Byrne's but can't find them there. Does anyone have any idea where I could find them? It'd really make OH's day.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

Are they sweet as well as only slightly hot? Peppadew peppers are like that and are widely available.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

This is them, just insane it helps.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capsicum_pubescens

The name Domino's use is just a brand new from the producer they use. the normal name is Rocoto.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Are they sweet as well as only slightly hot? Peppadew peppers are like that and are widely available.

Apparently they are. I don't eat peppers at all but they smell sweet.
    Seaneh wrote: »
    This is them, just insane it helps.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capsicum_pubescens

The name Domino's use is just a brand new from the producer they use. the normal name is Rocoto.
    Thanks for that. I might even look at growing some next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I would say that the roquito peppers that Milano use are a bit hotter than the peppadews but they really are an ideal substitute and available everywhere, there is always a jar in my fridge and they are fantastic in sandwiches(toasties especially) salads and as a pizza topping. You can also get jars of red jalapenos now which are a little hotter and less sweet, still good though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

There's never a jar in my fridge, I eat those little bastids faster than I can afford new ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭mailforkev

...there is always a jar in my fridge...
    There's never a jar in my fridge, I eat those little bastids faster than I can afford new ones.

Where do you guys buy the jars?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

mailforkev wrote: »
    Where do you guys buy the jars?

It was the peppadew's that we were talking about, they are certainly available in Tesco and Superquinn.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement