Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Organising the Christmas Party - a bit late I know!

Options
  • 07-11-2012 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

I'm having a complete creative freeze ...... just been bounced into the organisation of the office xmas party for up to 100 people (the week before Christmas) and can't think of any good venues. We want to have a private venue where we can have food and a dj but not have every other punter wandering through.

I was thinking somewhere like Odessa but I know they're booked out for the dates we have ....... anyone able to suggest similar venues to that in the city centre?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

I know the Mercantile is doing xmas party nights....Dtwo also!

The Gibson Hotel also does a FAB xmas party night and it's private (sit down meal, DJ etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

Maybe the Church just off Jervis st?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Pacly

What about Bia Bar, near stephens green? I saw they're doing christmas parties for 12.50 a person and its small enough that you'd fill the place I'd think

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭superblu

The anglers rest in the strawberry beds were advertising their Christmas menu when I was there on Friday. I know it's a bit twee and touristy and out of the way. In saying that anytime I've had food there it's been really nice and the place appears to be very well run. Granted I've never attended a function there but it may be worth looking into.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

The Odeon is undergoing a refurb but will be open by that time afaik...EDIT: here you go http://www.odeon.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭A Disgrace

Tailors Hall would be good - they have a special at the moment I think (€35 per head or something) - in a unique setting and a great new cellar bar and outdoor courtyard

• Site Banned Posts: 104 ✭✭boiledsweets

The gresham do suprisingly good rates,been to a do there recently..

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i was going to sugget the anglers rest as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 mrskd

thanks for all the suggestions ...... been making some phone calls, turns out there's a lot more availability at this stage than people would have you believe!

still don't quite know how I ended up with this but sure I'll soldier on ......

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭superblu

mrskd wrote: »
    thanks for all the suggestions ...... been making some phone calls, turns out there's a lot more availability at this stage than people would have you believe!

still don't quite know how I ended up with this but sure I'll soldier on ......

You hold the upper hand if you have a booking of a hundred people. Places will be dying to get the business in. Don't accept their first price for anything and refuse point blank to paying for bar extension and DJ. Business is business as they say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

The Gibson, the Clarion as well have a number of rooms for varying sizes and partyies. The Guinness Storehouse have a good deal as does the Jameson Distillery. Alot would have entertainment for a group though so could save you money.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

The Golden Arches? They might even have a Christmassy menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

A Disgrace wrote: »
    Tailors Hall would be good - they have a special at the moment I think (€35 per head or something) - in a unique setting and a great new cellar bar and outdoor courtyard

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/c68.0.403.403/p403x403/69106_10152244074760457_109671621_n.jpg

Tailors Hall done out for a wine launch.

Can look very pretty in the courtyard and you would have the place to yourself.

Book marquee (heated) and caterers and DJ.

Sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

I've been to the Gibson before for a work party, the food was great and the hotel itself is really nice. So I'd recommend it on that front but the only problem is its a bit isolated, after our crowd started to thin out, getting taxis to a late bar was difficult enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 cuaifeach

Hi, anyone have any recommendations for small Christmas party (10 - 14 people) on a budget?

Where you based or want to have it. Lunch, dinner drinks? Music?

Looking for an evening venue on a Thursday night for food/drinks. We're based in the Dun Laoghaire/Monkstown area but with wanting to have it on a Thursday we thought of heading towards the city somewhere - for a little more atmosphere.

Well Keskh on Leeson Street do free corkage and its reasonably priced. Not sure if that one is big enough but they have another place on Mespill road at the Baggot Street end, again is free byo so you can stock up on wine in the off license around on baggot street and they do some good craft beers or wine.
    Plenty of places doing good lunch packages in town or early bird from 20-25 per person for 3-4 courses. We were in Chai Yo last year and they did a good deal for about 20 of us. We're in the Church this year and it's not bad. Cactus Jacks in the italian quarter were offering good deals as were the Harbourmaster but not sure if you'll make the northside.
    Like i said, plenty of pubs and restaurants screaming out for the business there. But if on a budget BYO defo helps.
    Another of those is Seagrass on South Richmnd Street, really good quality food though and early bird finishes at 7-7.30 (i think)

Hadn't thought of that, good idea. Thanks a million!

No problem, hope you have a good party too

• Advertisement
Advertisement