Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Salthill Air Show

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure if major events made any money for Galway then the council would give them as much supportas possible. After all, councillors and the friends and family look like exactly the type of pub/hotel owners most likely to benefit.
    Except they prefer to benefit without having to put their hands in their pockets.

It's not just Galway tbh, I've seen the same attitude elsewhere.

What I have noticed though is that those in smaller towns / communities are more likely to row in for everyone's benefit AND for their own ... something about the bigger a place gets the more a sense of community breaks down, and everyone thinks someone else should do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Perhaps start again with something smaller like a Flugtag?
    Good fun and probably not very expensive either.
    Salthill would be a good location for it too,

untitled.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭jamesdiver

Flugtag would be good alright. OR go all out and get the Red Bull air race in the bay!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement