Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PTSB Auto Cash (multiple note) lodgements

Options
  • 07-11-2012 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I regularly have issues in attempting to lodge cash in multiple note form through the 'in branch' machines located inside PTSB branches.

I have found that the machines frequently fail to accept multiple general circulation good quality notes (of all denominations) and usually they return some of the total quantity of notes presented to them. Sometimes these machines have failed to accept notes just freshly delivered by other ATM's. I have experienced this problem in several branches. It is very frustrating to then have to queue and wait for the single counter staff member that is usually on duty in order to force the bank to actually take in some cash.

I have complained to counter staff and have found them to be totally disinterested in the problem. The impression given to me is that they generally have no cash lodgement issues reported to them. Personally, I haven't noticed many people using the machines for cash (multiple note) lodgements and I wonder if I have discovered the reason why.

My experience is that no one has ever actually recorded my complaint about these machines and when I raised a formal complaint with their HQ customer service department, the feedback they received from their branches indicated that there was no problem (not surprising if complaints are not treated seriously at the counter).

Has anyone else experienced this particular issue - difficulty in getting a PTSB 'in branch' machine to accept cash (multiple notes) lodgments?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

always works for me - 20's and 50's - never tried 5's or 10's

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Shahla

Ger Roe wrote: »
    Hi all,

I regularly have issues in attempting to lodge cash in multiple note form through the 'in branch' machines located inside PTSB branches.

I have found that the machines frequently fail to accept multiple general circulation good quality notes (of all denominations) and usually they return some of the total quantity of notes presented to them. Sometimes these machines have failed to accept notes just freshly delivered by other ATM's. I have experienced this problem in several branches. It is very frustrating to then have to queue and wait for the single counter staff member that is usually on duty in order to force the bank to actually take in some cash.

I have complained to counter staff and have found them to be totally disinterested in the problem. The impression given to me is that they generally have no cash lodgement issues reported to them. Personally, I haven't noticed many people using the machines for cash (multiple note) lodgements and I wonder if I have discovered the reason why.

My experience is that no one has ever actually recorded my complaint about these machines and when I raised a formal complaint with their HQ customer service department, the feedback they received from their branches indicated that there was no problem (not surprising if complaints are not treated seriously at the counter).

Has anyone else experienced this particular issue - difficulty in getting a PTSB 'in branch' machine to accept cash (multiple notes) lodgments?
    I am so delighted and relieved to see your post. Just last Friday I tried to use one of these lodgement machines in the PTSB in O'Connel St Dublin. I wanted to lodge €2,000 cash and when the Porter saw part of the lodgement was in €100 notes he told me to stop, as the machine would not accept them. He explained the machine would feed the money back to me, but only €1,450 was returned. A teller appeared and said there was nothing could be done until the bank closed and in the mean time did I wish to lodge the €1,450, this I did,but I am still waiting for the €550 to be lodged to my account. I contacted the complaints dept in Cork but really have got no satisfaction at all. I would be delighted to hear from anybody else who may have had a similar experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭Pinesky

Had a similar problem with BoI note lodgement recently. Some notes were initially rejected and i believe i was left €200 short. The branch took it seriously and showed me all their control reports which did not show any difference.
    They are getting the manufacturer's engineer to disassemble the machine to see if the cash has fallen into a part of the machine that is not accessible to bank staff and does not show up in control reports.
    My only advice is to put your complaint in writing and they will be obliged under the Customer Code to respond within a specified timeframe.

Advertisement