Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 17 League and Cup General Discussion/Woe sharing!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

corny wrote: »
    Hard luck. By one point is a kick in the teeth.

How are Southern Marauders ranked higher than you?

They beat 2nd string Deise today and few other wins like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Ouch, 42-3 loss to Apoel Cormosia means I'm going down to Div III town.

Was graduating yesterday so kinda had to rush tactics somewhat, so I went with one of those old tactics lists. Believe I went with "i-safeway inverse" as it said something about underdogs.
    Can't help but wonder how I'd have got on with less risky tactics, but anyway.

Hello Div III again.

Oh well back to div 2. Half thinking of gutting the team and let the trainees play next season.

I'm thinking the same. My current squad has no real Div II sustainability at all. First team are all between 28 and 30 and are at the lower end of top tier Div III level, but at that age they're not going to improve enough to fight in Div II. Gonna roll back and have my 25 year olds start, while trying to fast track the young lads. Might mean missing out on a bounce back to Div II, but sure that was always in doubt anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

Injury time try in the Megaminds vs Dunumians Juniors game has just cost me 2nd place overall and I expect 20,000 or so :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

well won my league as expected with 14 wins 14 bonus points.

Playing Mouse's team in the playoff (hes the team that ran me closest in the league)...so might be a slightly nervy match...but should win it (hopefully hes too distracted with the world cup!)

just outside auto promotion places on the ranking...so heres hoping somebody above me has a shock defeat in their playoff....otherwise its to the promo-relegation playoffs again for me.

if i dont go up this year there'll be a firesale of some of the older lads...and they bring in youngsters to train up to the required level!

at least it'll make the league a bit more interesting then

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

Well after 13 straight weeks of not being in the top 4, I have arrived :)

Nipped into to take that final playoff spot on the last day of the season, and should have enough in the tank to go all the way, but that might be wishful thinking...

My affiliate also got through to the playoffs, but they will end up playing mouse's affiliate in the final, so there no realistic hope there...

This will be the last season my team plays in Ireland for a season or 2... With the U20 WC next season, I am moving to Poland, so I wont have to concentrate on my club team for the season. It will also enable me to get some cash and safely overhaul some of the squad, as I have a few players either reaching 30, or on the wrong side of 30.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

semi final...20 points clear in the table...quietly confident, winnings should solve my slight insolvency problem...(almost 300k worth of debt)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

The form gods have been killing over the last couple of weeks. :mad:

Hope i have enough to get to the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

I don't - still too far behind the top two to risk an LTNT against them. seconds out at wnwim. going for third!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

eoferrall wrote: »
    I don't - still too far behind the top two to risk an LTNT against them. seconds out at wnwim. going for third!!

Tempted to do same. I Fecking hate doing it though, feels so dirty. But small squad, first year in div 2 - be happy with 3rd! And think the other semi finalist will target 3rd.

crisco10 wrote: »
    Tempted to do same. I Fecking hate doing it though, feels so dirty. But small squad, first year in div 2 - be happy with 3rd! And think the other semi finalist will target 3rd.

I know he will to, did so last year and while have caught up with him and it'll be close. both of us far below the top two in my division. they have several monsters in the 2/300k csr range!! monsters i tell you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

Taking a huge gamble today, I finished 2nd in the league and 3rd seems to have woken up recently after making some huge signings the past few weeks, however if I am to have any hope of winning I need to rest Mustard, taking 340k CSR from my team could backfire horribly but the risk is worth it... I hope... anybody want to talk sense into me? Am I being sensible in resting him? Will I physically cry if I lose today?? I hate this game.

It's not too late to change, I'm being stupid aren't I! making the mistake of thinking one game in advance.....

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

i would say win the semi first but im doing the exact same as you(well im not resting a 340k milkman but playing normal and playing my 200cm no.8 lock for the first time). and i have pretty much no hope in the final as im against keogh

lost badly haha! 3rd/4th place play off tactics needed now!

eoferrall wrote: »
    lost badly haha! 3rd/4th place play off tactics needed now!

I have faith in you.

Well, I went for it. Glad I did, made the Final. Given my goal of avoiding relegation 16 weeks ago, I'll take that. Bizarrely, if the other semi finalist had gone for it, I reckon he would have won. 3rd and 4th could have been playing in the final!

So Phonehead, did you survive the challenge from 3rd?

narrowly won my semi final 118-0 :P

now for the final

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭AG2R

In the final 38-5.......

Should win it considering its just a bot

AG2R wrote: »
    In the final 38-5.......

Should win it considering its just a bot

You gonna LTNT? great oppotunity to LTNT a bot!

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

so in the final for my affiliate and main team. main team is against keogh so an all irish affair in zim div2, wont win tho. my affiliate is in the final against johnmoron clonlara razorbacks(shannon beep) win auto lose playoff, exp is poor in that team with all but 1 21 or under so could do with auto to be safe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭AG2R

You gonna LTNT? great oppotunity to LTNT a bot!
    Haven't had to play like that all season tbh...probably should have in the Boards League:D
    Yeah why not go out and try to smash a bot

My youth team won their league by 39 points

• Advertisement

AG2R wrote: »
    Haven't had to play like that all season tbh...probably should have in the Boards League:D
    Yeah why not go out and try to smash a bot

My youth team won their league by 39 points

Sure why not give your lads a few more tries to add to the record books. Energy reset quite soon.

My affiliate also had an unexpected semi final win! 3rd place signed up midway through the season and bought a load of older players with high CSRs.....lucky for me they dropped quickly and i could win 10-0 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

final tomorrow...quietly confident...narrowly scraped a win 87-0 :D...really hoping for promotion

Depp wrote: »
    final tomorrow...quietly confident...narrowly scraped a win 87-0 :D...really hoping for promotion

Sure go full on and leave nothing on the pitch, it's nearly energy reset time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Devestated to see that I set the wrong tactics, team and intensity in 3rd place playoff... 5 points behind, 5 mins to go.

Safe to say I have secured 3rd place. currently 85-0 with 20mins to go! :D Whoooo!

Not sure what happened to high voltage though, normally close! :confused:

10 mins to go and im 2 points down in my 3rd place playoff against North Down Deathdealers...

7 mins to go and we just scored a converted try from a break just outside my 22...

Winning 20-15... I just hope we can hold on...

Ah ****, 22-21 loss in div 2 final. Completely dominated meters gained but feeling I lost it at set piece. Think next season will be harder now ppl will know what to expect from Mwsag...

• Advertisement

:(

80:08 NDD break from the half way line to draw level, and their conversion takes them back to leading by 2 points... Lost 22-20 in the end, so 4th place for me this season.

Advertisement