Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 17 League and Cup General Discussion/Woe sharing!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭westman1

going up won well cannot understand why newbie managers cannot find intensity settings still pay day boosting facilities to 4 adjusting stadium hiring better staff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭AG2R

Won the match and now have a qualifier on the 27th!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

Didnt set tactics etc so instead of straight promotion back to div 3 ive a playoff wednesday :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

1. Southern Marauders
    2. Forza Juve
    3. Grubber RFC
    4. Mauling Bear
    5. Gufin Golfini
    6. Sex Panthers
    7. Offloaders
    8. Breifne Blues

I reckon thats division II.3 next season.

Very competitive look to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

Won my playoff final 119-3 !! :)
    Dropped from 9th on the promotion list to 11th :(:( even though 7th on the list lost their final :( Promo playoff for me again this season

Affiliate lost 31-19 :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

daheff wrote: »
    Won my playoff final 119-3 !! :)
    Dropped from 9th on the promotion list to 11th :(:( even though 7th on the list lost their final :( Promo playoff for me again this season

Affiliate lost 31-19 :(

Ah fudge, was hoping you'd get over the auto-promote.
    corny wrote: »
    1. Southern Marauders
    2. Forza Juve
    3. Grubber RFC
    4. Mauling Bear
    5. Gufin Golfini
    6. Sex Panthers
    7. Offloaders
    8. Breifne Blues

I reckon thats division II.3 next season.

Very competitive look to it.

Had a look at Offloaders there, they're a better team than mine by far at the moment... and that's without them trying to buy-in for Div II. Breifne are always good too. Reckon Sex Panthers are going to have issues this season, and Gufin if he doesn't keep a closer eye.

So if I swap with Offloaders then I'm down in III.3, my stomping ground of years back, with Kilsough (who I sneakily know are currently traveling around Asia and Oz for a year ;) )

Should be interesting at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Ah fudge, was hoping you'd get over the auto-promote.

Had a look at Offloaders there, they're a better team than mine by far at the moment... and that's without them trying to buy-in for Div II. Breifne are always good too. Reckon Sex Panthers are going to have issues this season, and Gufin if he doesn't keep a closer eye.

So if I swap with Offloaders then I'm down in III.3, my stomping ground of years back, with Kilsough (who I sneakily know are currently traveling around Asia and Oz for a year ;) )

Should be interesting at least.

If i remember rightly i had it that you swap with Breifne.

corny wrote: »
    If i remember rightly i had it that you swap with Breifne.

But I came 7th! You jerk!

Ugh... now to check out Breifne's former league...

* Wow. I know none of the teams in Breifne's league. Not only do I not know them, I haven't even heard of them. Wow. It'll be fortress mentality if I'm down in III.15, and I hope I don't end up like Daheff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

Hello Division 3, i anticipate a short but very enjoyable tenure in the higher league!

Hello Division 3, i anticipate a short but very enjoyable tenure in the higher league!

That's the attitude... and then sucker punch them when they're not looking and take the 6th place spot! Booya!

• Advertisement

Ok so who is in these tonight?

FRF are away to Ladyboys in the Div II /Div III promo relegation.

going to be tough game...I've only beaten him once...most games have been tight (one or two points in it!) so could go either way :eek:

daheff wrote: »
    Ok so who is in these tonight?

FRF are away to Ladyboys in the Div II /Div III promo relegation.

going to be tough game...I've only beaten him once...most games have been tight (one or two points in it!) so could go either way :eek:

I think you can take him, but it'll be close. Without doing any research, in my head you're both in or around the same level, and the right tactics should help diffuse the home ground advantage.

I'm going to merge this in with the Season 17 thread after tonight's play-offs. Just to keep all the S17 league stuff together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭bossa_nova

Up against a better team in the playoffs and I'm 9-0 up after 15 minutes. Chuffed with that so far!.

wow i'm an idiot

AG2R wrote: »
    wow i'm an idiot

whats the prob

Forgot about my qualifier with college and work.....hammered.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭cclampett

Not in a qualifier myself but watching one with a bit of interest, XV Do Presidente, 2nd in my divIV league missed the deadline for our final and played wnwim, now playing ballysax rfc, 6th in III.4,most prematch ratings were pretty even but ballysax had a massive advantage in some (scrum & lineout in particular) 55 mins in and the score is ballysax 13 presidente 26

happens to us all from time to time

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

well...looks like another year of division 4 so...poo

AG2R wrote: »
    Forgot about my qualifier with college and work.....hammered.

All too common a problem. An aul BR app would be worth whatever the asking price for sure :)

Still, plenty of time to build.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭cclampett

Second Half - 79:37
    Another breakdown, [URL="javascript:teamClick(9348,'IE');"]Ballysax RFC[/URL] support will be stretched to get to this ruck, The ball arrives at the back of the ruck but [URL="javascript:teamClick(9348,'IE');"]Ballysax RFC[/URL] scrummie is directing operations and he doesn't want it yet! [URL="javascript:playerClick(4584776);"]Akamatsu[/URL] dives straight over the top of the ruck, surprising [URL="javascript:teamClick(44381,'IE');"]XV Do Presidente[/URL] defenders. He clearly grounds the ball, scoring an easy try. Quick thinking and great play by [URL="javascript:playerClick(4584776);"]Akamatsu[/URL]! The score is now 30-29 after the try by [URL="javascript:playerClick(4584776);"]Akamatsu[/URL].

....BR can be cruel...

So I was winning 18-16 at half time...very even game.

Ended up losing 31-24....my outhalf kicking 8 out of 9 penalties.

http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/tools.live.scoring.php#fixture=9803616&player=8162998

Anybody want to take a look and tell me where it all went wrong? I had 8 linebreaks without scoring a try. I'm guessing he played agressive (high penalty count & high turnover).

Gutted to say the least :(

now to have a fire sale of the older guys

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

lost to Cork Southsiders by a point on Saturday, they won the promotion playoff to Div 1 this evening. :( what might have been had I done some things slightly different on Saturday morning....

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

Fewcifur wrote: »
    All too common a problem. An aul BR app would be worth whatever the asking price for sure :)

Still, plenty of time to build.

isnt there one though

Seems to be a night of woe for Boardsies

hard luck Crisco

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

seanand wrote: »
    isnt there one though

Theres an IPwhatever one, but not one for the Android...

Im not sure if either are still being actively developed or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Seems like there was the community challenge tonight. I didn't accept my fixture. Ooops! Though in fairness no one reminded me :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

eoferrall wrote: »
    Seems like there was the community challenge tonight. I didn't accept my fixture. Ooops! Though in fairness no one reminded me :-(
    even i knew about that eof, and the fixtures were random aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

eoferrall wrote: »

Was on the front page in the journo bit...;)

I won my game comfortably too.

• Advertisement

crisco10 wrote: »
    Was on the front page in the journo bit...;)

I won my game comfortably too.

i got hammered:eek:

Advertisement