Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help Save Real Oviedo

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

GOOD NEWS: Real Oviedo has shares worth €1.5 million. The club has been SAVED! Cazorla, Mata, and Michu donated €700,000. SURVIVAL!

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Fantastic news :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Anyone got there share in the post yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭dartsfan

Did they not go out of business 10 years ago as well?

Anyone got there share in the post yet?

I read somewhere that most people would get them in december ?

Do you still have to send an e-mail ? Because I haven't done that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 284 ✭✭Sr. Pirotecnic

"Richest man in the world" Carlos Slim has bought €2 million of shares in Real Oviedo

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Lucan Bohs

Online club shop goes online tomorrow at 2pm- http://www.tiendarealoviedo.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Nice article from Sid Lowe here:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/nov/29/real-oviedo-spain-premier-league

And Irish fans Twitter page for anyone interested:

https://twitter.com/RealOviedo_IRE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,042 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Still waiting on my cert.

NIMAN wrote: »
    Still waiting on my cert.

I haven't even emailed them about it yet. I'd say between that and the online shop, they're completely swamped right now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,369 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

The certs are not supposed to arrive till December AFAIK.

I need proof of owning a share, cos when they win the CL before the end of the decade it'll be worth €100 at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

There's ads for SVP and Concern worldwide on this page, kind of puts things into perspective. Why not give a few bob to them instead of this flavour of the month shyte. The only thing is, they don't give yous the cool certificate *sadface*

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

There's ads for SVP and Concern worldwide on this page, kind of puts things into perspective. Why not give a few bob to them instead of this flavour of the month shyte. The only thing is, they don't give yous the cool certificate *sadface*

How's the view up there on that high horse of yours?

Sure here's an idea.

Why don't you stop wasting your time on the internet, cancel it and give the money you waste on that to the Third World?

And while you're at it, do you have satellite TV?

You want us all to live like monks and hand all our earnings over to the 3rd world?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Sure here's an idea.

Why don't you stop wasting your time on the internet, cancel it and give the money you waste on that to the Third World?

And while you're at it, do you have satellite TV?

You want us all to live like monks and hand all our earnings over to the 3rd world?

A bizzarre if not predictable response.

My point is, if youre going to give money to a cause why not give it to something worthwhile. Some rich fcks have already stumped up the cash for this lot already by the looks of it.

My point is, if youre going to give money to a cause why not give it to something worthwhile. Some rich fcks have already stumped up the cash for this lot already by the looks of it.

I'm pretty sure the people employed by the club and the local businesses that benefit from it would consider it a ' worthwhile ' cause.

I give plenty of money to various charities, pity I couldn't spend a tenner of my own money on this as I seen fit. I have been following Spanish football since the early 80s and made various trips over to Spain to watch football over the years, so in my mind this wasn't a waste of a tenner.

Says more about you that you think people can only give money to one cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

Would Spanish fans donate money to save an Irish, British or Icelandic club?

• Advertisement

764dak wrote: »
    Would Spanish fans donate money to save an Irish, British or Icelandic club?

No idea. Not bothered if they would or not.

I donated a tenner to a SPanish club for 1 share. I have also supported fundraising for a couple of Irish clubs when they were going through tough times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Who both have CEOS on 400k a year.

That puts things into perpective.

/wish the lads on here would put their money into LOI but hey at least they finding out about other leagues.....one day ....they will find the one on their doorstep.

Now to print off some St Pats Shareholder cert thingies.....

Couldn't agree more with you Dreamers75 about a few of the football fans going to more LoI games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Personally, I'm really dissappointed i didn't see the "Let's save rangers" thread when it was posted last season....
    ;)

Anyone receive their cert yet?

Emailed them twice but no answer, wanted to give the cert to my brother as an Xmas present.

I'm sure the backlog is massive so I'll forgive them if it doesn't arrive before the 25th :)

Lucan Bohs wrote: »
    Anyone receive their cert yet?

Emailed them twice but no answer, wanted to give the cert to my brother as an Xmas present.

I'm sure the backlog is massive so I'll forgive them if it doesn't arrive before the 25th :)

Be patient...

nigerian-email-scam-419-fraud-tshirt.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭UglyBolloxFace

I sent money for a share a few weeks ago, and have heard nothing yet. What's going on? I've sent them proof of the bank transfer as well, and nothing. Has anyone heard anything?

Update from Oviedo;

Página del Real Oviedo SAD

We wish to inform all shareholders of Real Oviedo SAD that the share certificates from the recent share issue, which finished on 17 November 2012, will be issued once the full results of the share issue process have been formally inscribed into the Mercantile Register Office of Asturias.

At the moment, the club is working to facilitate and carry out the process of inscription of the 31,000 share purchases carried out. Our aim is to hope to send out all of the share certificates before the end of this month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

I really don't need a certificate for helping out this great great club in its time of need, didn't do it for recognition, did it to give a little back to a game that's given me so much over the years and this was a more worthwhile cause than similar ones closer to home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Rekop dog wrote: »
    I really don't need a certificate for helping out this great great club in its time of need, didn't do it for recognition, did it to give a little back to a game that's given me so much over the years and this was a more worthwhile cause than similar ones closer to home.

You say that, but the fact that you just posted this kinda makes the sentiment a bit false!

It's like boasting to people that you anonymously donate to charity!

You can download a copy of your cert now by going here and entering the paypal transaction ID from when you bought your share.
    Some IDs aren't working and they know that, they said on twitter they are working to get it fixed tomorrow.

If you want one sent out in the post you have to email them I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Rekop dog wrote: »
    MrStuffins wrote: »
    You say that, but the fact that you just posted this kinda makes the sentiment a bit false!

It's like boasting to people that you anonymously donate to charity!

Its poor attempt to troll LOI fans and boasting.

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    You can download a copy of your cert now by going here and entering the paypal transaction ID from when you bought your share.
    Some IDs aren't working and they know that, they said on twitter they are working to get it fixed tomorrow.

If you want one sent out in the post you have to email them I think.

Where exactly do you enter your PayPal transaction id?

Where exactly do you enter your PayPal transaction id?

Seems they have removed the option for now. They said they will be working with Paypal today to fix the issue with the transaction ID's.

Just to bump it again now, problems are fixed.

Go to the link I posted earlier (here), enter your paypal email address and they will send your share code to your email. Go back to the site and paste the code from the email into the Enter ID box and you will have access to your share.

• Advertisement

Where do we enter the code? All I can find is the enter email option

Lucan Bohs wrote: »
    Where do we enter the code? All I can find is the enter email option

When you click the button to confirm you want an email sent, the box on the next page is the ID one.

Cheers

Nice to finally see the cert. Now who's going to translate it?! :)

I entered my email address but nothing has arrived in the last few hours.

• Advertisement

Maybe try again? I got email straight away.

Look in your junk folder

Done it again, it again recognised my email address but still nothing, and nothing in Junk either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I see they got promoted and are back in Segunda next season.

Did ye all receive the share certs in the end ?

yabadabado wrote: »
    I see they got promoted and are back in Segunda next season.

Did ye all receive the share certs in the end ?

Don't think they were sending them out? Never got one anyway.

I could download one from their site if I wanted. I have to enter the receipt number or something.

Never got mine.

Emailed them after a few months to ask for it, got no reply.

Bugger them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Just realised they aren't promoted yet ,they are 1-1 after the first leg of a playoff.

Watched their 3-0 win earlier today as there was nothing else interesting on.

They snapped a 3 game losing streak and are 2 points off an automatic promotion spot with 11 games left. Oviedo could be back in La Liga in a few months.
    http://www.flashscore.com/standings/Eq4hTTwm/OtlRW99t/#table;overall

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Oat23 wrote: »
    Watched their 3-0 win earlier today as there was nothing else interesting on.

They snapped a 3 game losing streak and are 2 points off an automatic promotion spot with 11 games left. Oviedo could be back in La Liga in a few months.
    http://www.flashscore.com/standings/Eq4hTTwm/OtlRW99t/#table;overall

They have a stadium worthy of La Liga too

caravaca5.JPG

Which one is the boards stand? :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement