Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBM sales cold calling?

Options
  • 07-11-2012 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭

I've had two people with Indian accents call me in the last week claiming to be from IBM wanting to know about the server infrastructure in the company I work for. The first lady was adamant to speak to me and kept calling without leaving a voice mail - I eventually took her call and told her I was too busy and to email me her questions - there hasn't been any email. The secondy guy I just told him I was too busy and to call me back in January.

I called IBM and asked if they used these cold calling techniques and the lady didn't exactly say no but did say she didn't think these calls were coming from IBM.

I was curious to know if anyone else has had calls like this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭whitesands

It sounds like the scammers are stepping up their game.
    I know nothing about IBM cold calling but this sounds like a definite scam.

Hi I'm from IBM, tell me about your servers & security policy's...
    Eh, would ya feck off...IBM mehole.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,455 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Tell them you work for a magazine publisher and all of your kit is Apple Macs running DTP (desktop publishing) s/w. If they still try to engage you, you know they are scammers and just hang up. If they're genuinely working for IBM (which I doubt), they will have no further interest in you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

IBM have a sales operation in Ireland, no way they'd pass that over to India if they could avoid it.

Advertisement