Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Salary Expectations

• 07-11-2012 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Just a quick question which hopefully people can shed some light on.

I am a one year post qualified accountant working in a small-medium practice in Galway,was trained here and kept on after qualification.

I am involved in all aspects of the firm from training staff to audit.

Just wondering what would peoples salary expectations be in this situation?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭tony81

I know people in Dundalk working for €23k.

Many people earned atrocious trainee salaries of €11-17k and naturally when they qualify their bosses refuse to pay the "going rate"

So to answer your question, if you stick with your training firm, you should expect ~20-25k. If you're willing to look for a new job, ~€25-35k

Bear in mind I haven't really been looking at the labour market, particularly not in Galway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Tony's figures look well off to me.

I'd say 35k if post qualified, you could get 42k - 45k in a big 4, so I reckon thats a realistic difference imho. I wouldnt be sticking around if it's less than 32k anyway. You're a qualified accountant - did you spend 6/7 years between college and professional exams to earn less than the average wage?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭crapmanjoe

kennyb3 wrote: »
    Tony's figures look well off to me.

I'd say 35k if post qualified, you could get 42k - 45k in a big 4, so I reckon thats a realistic difference imho. I wouldnt be sticking around if it's less than 32k anyway. You're a qualified accountant - did you spend 6/7 years between college and professional exams to earn less than the average wage?

Kenny I think your figures are more for Dublin - I think Galway is probably somewhere in the middle of your and Tony's guesses.

But agree generally get more by getting out of the training firm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

€23k in dundalk is ridiculously low for a qualified ACCA in practice with one years pqe. I havent heard of numbers that low.

I have heard of candidates in the midlands on €28-30k as qualified accountants, but its a real rarity.

We've recruited for roles in the midlands recently at €35k in Offaly, and €40k in Athlone. We threw it around the office here, and for Galway (a notoriously difficult place to secure work), €35k -€40k would be the norm.

Advertisement