Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Webmail problem

Options
  • 07-11-2012 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭

In anyone else still having ongoing problems logging in to their Eircom webmail account?

This is really annoying me now: this has been happening for the best part of two weeks. I'm seriously considering closing my webmail account and moving to Gmail full time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭reeta

In anyone else still having ongoing problems logging in to their Eircom webmail account?

This is really annoying me now: this has been happening for the best part of two weeks. I'm seriously considering closing my webmail avccout and moving to Gmail full time.

I thought it was only me, have been going mad trying to open it. Have
    opened a gmail account. Crazy !!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭pom pom snaz peeler

reeta wrote: »
    I thought it was only me, have been going mad trying to open it. Have
    opened a gmail account. Crazy !!

yep same problem here....... although was in earlier this morning with no issues!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

yep same problem here....... although was in earlier this morning with no issues!

It opened yesterday perfectly and I thought "grand, they've finally fixed it".

But no...

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭dido2

There are problems logging into accounts to so I'd say it's a case of everything in Eircom is broken!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

You guys using the basic or non-basic version? I'm using the non-basic version, and it's working okay for me.

• Advertisement

the_syco wrote: »
    You guys using the basic or non-basic version? I'm using the non-basic version, and it's working okay for me.

Non-basic for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

Personally I have found the webmail deteriorated when the service was upgraded a good while back. Before this there was never a problem logging in but now when I do so I just don't know whether it will work or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭LifeBeginsAt40

Possibly related to the ongoing issue with the My Eircom login / password reset?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=81653351

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

I get more failed log in's now than log ins.

Disaster that's my main email.

I can see why there is 2000 job losses in eircom.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭basill

Just noticed this issue has started for me this morning when I checked my emails.

- can log in no problem to webmail on interweb
    - BUT checking email on iphone/ipad or using Outlook on PC it fails and asks me for my password which hasn't changed and is automatically inserted in anycase.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭G3467

Same here this morning. Password being rejected and unable to log in.
    dave1982 wrote: »
    I get more failed log in's now than log ins.

Disaster that's my main email.

I can see why there is 2000 job losses in eircom.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Anyone know if sent emails are saved and will be there waiting or will some get lost?

I'm waiting on a important email about a job :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ninja 12

My phone and pc both keep saying invalid password .

If I log on using the webmail page on Eircom.net , it says I have no new emails , even though I sent myself two to check ( from 2 working addressess - gmail and eircom.net )

As per my earlier post, this log in issue is now approaching TWO WEEKS old.

I think Eircom have had a serious data base failure / hack.

UPC will clean up at this rate!

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭G3467

My webmail is back on now. Fingers crossed.

Mine's ok now, but I just don't know if I can trust it in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭basill

Working again for me to.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Condatis

I always use Eircom Webmail and have no problems at all.

What, precisely, are the problems?

Condatis wrote: »
    I always use Eircom Webmail and have no problems at all.

What, precisely, are the problems?

See OP and subsequent posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Condatis

See OP and subsequent posts.

I did, I did, but nobody has quoted specific errors.

If you are having difficulty try accessing your account via:

http://www.mail2web.com/

That way you bypass the Eircom Webmail front page and go directly to your mailbox and you may subsequently be able to log in normally.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Hi Guys
    There was an issue since Friday with Authentication, which affected customer access to mails has been resolved now. The ongoing issue mentioned is still under investigastion and I hope to be able to post final resolution and update soon.
    Tony

Condatis wrote: »
    I did, I did, but nobody has quoted specific errors.

If you are having difficulty try accessing your account via:

http://www.mail2web.com/

That way you bypass the Eircom Webmail front page and go directly to your mailbox and you may subsequently be able to log in normally.

Nope, that doesn't work for me.

My specific issue is that either I get "cannot display the page" after attempting login, or (less often) my webmail freezes and crashes just after login.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi Grolschevik

Most of the issues with webmail have been resolved but if you are still experiencing issues please call email support on 1890260260.

Regards

Al

Working today.

Working today.

But not today.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭reeta

But not today.

Or today !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭prodsc

ok now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi Guys,

Please do contact email support on 1890260260 is issues are still ongoing. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1 HalfBiscuit

With all due respect Alan, Eircom must know that this is an ongoing problem.
    Surely contacting email support isn't acceptable at this stage. The service of late is so hit and miss that it's totally unreliable. Do EIRCOM really expect users to believe that the issue is resolved. It happens all the time....you never know when you'll be able to login. Nobody in their right mind looking to set up a new email account should go anywhere near Eircom webmail.....go somewhere else. Anywhere else. It really is a joke at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

With all due respect Alan, Eircom must know that this is an ongoing problem.
    Surely contacting email support isn't acceptable at this stage. The service of late is so hit and miss that it's totally unreliable. Do EIRCOM really expect users to believe that the issue is resolved. It happens all the time....you never know when you'll be able to login. Nobody in their right mind looking to set up a new email account should go anywhere near Eircom webmail.....go somewhere else. Anywhere else. It really is a joke at the moment.

Hi HalfBiscuit
    We are aware that a number of customers do remain affected by this issue and have been affected for too long. We had implemented a fix which we belived would resolve issue, ( it does apper to have resolved most of the customers queries) however that was not the case for all users. I will chase this with support again and hope to be able to add more tomorrow.We sincerly apologies and continue to work towards a final fix, which I hope is soon.

Tony

Advertisement