Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Salon Recommendation Dublin 1, 2 or 4

• 07-11-2012 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Hello,

My mam is coming to visit next weekend and she’s in her late 50’s and has never got her hair professionally coloured – just DIY at home. As I treat (& a surprise) I want to book an appointment with a salon to get a re-style & colour but I having difficulty picking where to book. A lot of the salons look very trendy, young & loud and I’d be afraid that they would be imitating for my mother and she’ll run for the door.

Can anyone recommend someone more relaxed and friendly? In the City Centre but willing to travel to Blackrock/Sandymount also

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Keville on South Anne Street, Dubln 2 is lovely. They do all sorts from trendy to classic hair, I work locally and the ladies in the building all of a sudden had gorgeous hair in the course of a month and they all were going there through word of mouth!

http://www.kevillehair.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Apple Orange

tbeans wrote: »
    Hello,

My mam is coming to visit next weekend and she’s in her late 50’s and has never got her hair professionally coloured – just DIY at home. As I treat (& a surprise) I want to book an appointment with a salon to get a re-style & colour but I having difficulty picking where to book. A lot of the salons look very trendy, young & loud and I’d be afraid that they would be imitating for my mother and she’ll run for the door.

Can anyone recommend someone more relaxed and friendly? In the City Centre but willing to travel to Blackrock/Sandymount also

Would definitely give Ultimate Hair & Beauty in the GPO Arcade a big thumbs up here. I go there regularly (I'm in my 20's), the clients are all ages, the staff are really friendly and great at what they do, it's so central for shopping/lunch etc afterwards, and their prices are very very competitive.

Hope ye have a nice weekend!! :)

http://www.uhb.ie (Checked the website there and it's currently down, first time I've seen that, they're also on Twitter and Facebook!)

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭tbeans

Thanks Ladies :)

Appreciate your advice !

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

I find House of Colour (both Abbey St and Capel St) very good.

You also get tea/wine and biscuits :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Would definitely give Ultimate Hair & Beauty in the GPO Arcade a big thumbs up here. I go there regularly (I'm in my 20's), the clients are all ages, the staff are really friendly and great at what they do, it's so central for shopping/lunch etc afterwards, and their prices are very very competitive.

Hope ye have a nice weekend!! :)

http://www.uhb.ie (Checked the website there and it's currently down, first time I've seen that, they're also on Twitter and Facebook!)

My mam went here today! She loves it, gets her hair done by Gillian.

Toni & Guy on Clarendon St is a very nice salon with a wide range of clients.

• Advertisement
Advertisement