Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

local office disaster

Options
  • 07-11-2012 1:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭

i've have been trying to draw down my loan cheque for my mortgage since monday. i paid my life insurance on the 30th of Oct and as far as i was aware, that was the last item outstanding. I rang the local branch on the 1st of November requesting my loan funds to issue and i was told that they would issue early this week. On the 2nd of Nov I was told that head office was in backlog by a few days and my loan cheque would not issue until early the following week, this was according to my "mortgage advisor". On the 5th Nov i rang to see what the up to date position was and the situation had not changed. My mortgage advisor is out of the office yesterday and today. I rang the cheque issue dept. and was told that my life insurance was still outstanding!!!!!!!!!

I rang the local branch at 10am this morning, left a message, nobody got back to me. I spoke to somebody in the call centre and i asked to be put through to the local manager - left a message at 11am - no reply and its nearly 1pm.

I have now had to cancel my furniture delivery. The person i am buying from has done the same etc. etc. I don't even have a proper explanation as to what exactly is going because i can't get an answer from the bank.

I'm starting to believe that there was never a backlog and that my life insurance was left sitting on somebody's desk.

if i didnt have legal binding contracts, i would have taken my business elsewhere.

Absolute disgrace.

i'm now going over to the local branch and will not leave until i speak to somebody.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Laura

Hi cassiedoll.

We would like to look into this further for you.

Please PM us with your name, address and contact number and we'll arrange for a representative to give you a call.

Thanks for your post.
    Laura

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭cassiedoll

Thank you very much for your reply Laura however, the matter has been sorted.

Although, I will say I did have to demand to speak to somebody when I got to the local branch and the mortgage advisor who I had been dealing with, and who was not returning my calls, was in the office all along.

I would not wish that type of service on anybody.

C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi cassiedoll,

Happy to hear the matter has now been sorted for you. If we can help with anything, please feel free to ask.

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement