Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Porcupine Tree - Octane Twisted

Options
  • 07-11-2012 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭

So a new 2 disc live set is on its way, available to pre-order now. It contains the incident on disc 1, with some other songs on disc 2. If you pre-order, there is a 3rd disc of a DVD, so really looking for that too. Amazing setlist!

https://www.burningshed.com/store/porcupinetree/product/51/4174/

The Incident - Chicago:

1. Occam's Razor 2. The Blind House 3. Great Expectations 4. Kneel And Disconnect 5. Drawing The Line 6. The Incident 7. Your Unpleasant Family 8. The Yellow Windows Of The Evening Train 9. Time Flies 10. Degree Zero Of Liberty 11. Octane Twisted 12. The Seance 13. Circle Of Manias 14. I Drive The Hearse

CD2:

1. Hatesong (9.57) 2. Russia On Ice / The Pills I'm Taking (15.02) 3. Stars Die (5.57) 4. Bonnie The Cat (6.11) 5. Even Less (14.28) 6. Dislocated Day (7.05) 7. Arriving Somewhere But Not Here (12:59)

All tracks were recorded at The Riviera, Chicago, 30th April 2010 except CD2 tracks 5-7 recorded at the Royal Albert Hall, London, 14th October 2010.

DVD (a video of The Riviera, Chicago concert):

The Incident:

1. Occam's Razor 2. The Blind House 3. Great Expectations 4. Kneel And Disconnect 5. Drawing The Line 6. The Incident 7. Your Unpleasant Family 8. The Yellow Windows Of The Evening Train 9. Time Flies 10. Degree Zero Of Liberty 11. Octane Twisted 12. The Seance 13. Circle Of Manias 14. I Drive The Hearse

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Awesome stuff. This is the video of that song from the DVD.

However, I do think the camera direction is really poor here, constantly switching and jerky sometimes. Decent sound mix though.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

This shipped today/yesterday so should have it Monday...really cannot wait to hear it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

Latest Kscope podcast Gavin and Richard from Porcupine Tree discuss ‘Octane Twisted’ .... worth a listen ...

http://www.kscopemusic.com/podcast/

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Its amazing to have all of The Incident in live format, been waiting over 3 years for it. Dont have time for second disc till tonight though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

The first CD with the Incident on it is pretty good. I enjoy The Incident, it got stick from some fans but I like the vibe from it.

I Drive The Hearse is the best song from it I feel. The Blind House might be my favourite Incident track but I don't think the live version is as good as the studio one.

Great to have a live version of Circle of Manias. Sounds even heavier live and less clean, the distortion is very gritty.

I'm a bit let down with Hatesong from the second CD. I think it's the least enjoyable live version. The ones on Arriving Somewhere and XM are amazing. This time during the second half Gavin is really overplaying. On the other live versions he got the groove/impressive fill balance just right. On this one he is constantly bursting fill after fill, a bit over indulgent for me. He sounds a bit frustrated on it for some reason.

It has the second part of Anesthetize after Russia on Ice (skipped ROI and haven't heard all from the second CD yet). Gavin is mindblowing here, again completely overplaying but it just sounds brilliantly fluid here.

On Bonnie the Cat, Steven changes the tone of his voice, it's now louder than the hushed studio version.

The sound mix is decent but I don't think it's as good as the previous DVD's. Think it's a stereo mix this time.

Looking forward to watching the DVD sometime soon.

Would recommend it anyway to fans of the band.

• Advertisement
Advertisement