Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Build Connection

Options
  • 07-11-2012 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm currently in the middle of a new self build in county Limerick.
    My contractor is looking to get all of the services organised at the moment.

It won't be finished and we won't be moving in until next summer, so what is the best way to go about getting the connection(poles etc..) setup and connected now?

Contractor told me to call into the Eircom office in Ballysimon, Limerick but it appears to be closed down.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

dos30 wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm currently in the middle of a new self build in county Limerick.
    My contractor is looking to get all of the services organised at the moment.

It won't be finished and we won't be moving in until next summer, so what is the best way to go about getting the connection(poles etc..) setup and connected now?

Contractor told me to call into the Eircom office in Ballysimon, Limerick but it appears to be closed down.

Thanks

Hi dos30,

It can depend on the nature of work that yourself and the contractor may need to do in conjunction with the eircom technician.

i.e ducting, cable tracking or if poles need to be put up. We advise customers to send an e-mail to: pdbureau@eircom.ie ( Plan Design Bureau) with the below information.

Customer’s Name.

Customer’s Contact Telephone number during normal working hours.

The exact location of the proposed works (preferably a site map).

The extent and nature of the works.

The date the customer proposes to start excavations.

That is the recommended process for a new build.

If you have any follow up queries let me know.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭dos30

Hi Mark

This is the reply I got from pdbureau@eircom.ie a week later after following up about my first email.

You can apply online through
    www.eircom.net for phone service or by ringing 1901, a technician will be dispatched within 10 working days and will advise on any site works necessary.

Check out
    www.eircom.net and do a search for "Building Your Own Home" and you will find a download for the provision of ducting for a single build, which may be helpful.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Put a hydrodaire ( water ) pipe out to the road with string in it for pulling in cable. The rest is eircoms responsibility as part of a standard install. At least by ducting to the road yourself you have somwhere to pull in a fibre in future :)

Advertisement