Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magnet Broadband with Netgear Modem

• 07-11-2012 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭

Hi there, I've just signed up to Magnet Broadband recently, got a text earlier saying my service is live now.
    I have a modem of my own which Ive tried to connect instead of having one sent out by Magnet.
    The modem is a Netgear N150 Wireless Modem Router DGN1000.
    So following instructions from one of the support staff I put these settings on it:
    Multiplexing - LLC
    VPI - 0
    VCI - 35
    DSL Mode - ADSL2+

I was told that once the service was live it should be able to connect on these settings but its still not authenticating. Power cycling the modem has no effect, it gets sync but then does not authenticate.

So, are there any other settings I need to configure for it to connect to Magnet on the Simply Broadband service?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭The Bored One

Ok got that working after playing around with the settings. Just needed to to tell the router not to use a PPPoe username/pwd.
    Huzzah for science.

Advertisement