Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MCD "Big Announcement"

Options
  • 07-11-2012 4:23pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭

MCD Productions
    BIG announcement coming this Friday...really big!

Thought id give it its own thread . Chances are its gonna be a let down of announcement .

I was also thinking rumours are that No Doubt are announcing a World Tour this week

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

MCD Productions

Thought id give it its own thread . Chances are its gonna be a let down of announcement .

I was also thinking rumours are that No Doubt are announcing a World Tour this week

Could be a kings of Leon gig. They announced some uk dates this week

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Are we even allowed to talk about that company?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Mr.S wrote: »
    Oxegen 2013 details perhaps?

Sounds bigger then a gig, MCD don't usually tweet stuff like that about shows.

tumblr_m5fxvu5PHH1r0yoc7o5_r1_500.jpg

But didnt they say something similar when the announced The Killer shows?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

It was today fm that built up the killers announcement

Yea you're right. Think the words big or special announcement next Monday were used b4 the killers were announced for Dublin and Belfast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    Yea you're right. Think the words big or special announcement next Monday were used b4 the killers were announced for Dublin and Belfast.

They always do. Don't believe the MCD hype.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭markc1184

Wasn't there talk of there being a second Slane concert in 2013? Perhaps it has something to do with that.

Or do mcd even promote Slane?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

It was KC and Ian Dempsey on Today FM who said that. KC said on the Thursday night that Ian Dempsey had a big announcement to make while Ian Dempsey tweeted that he had a "big - ish" announcment to make.

MCD made very little of it in the days leading up to it, think they just asked people to tune in for an announcement!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Hype thread.... calling reaction to whatever the announcement now to be 85% "I can't believe this is considered a big announcement" to 15% "well I quite like Madonna".

markc1184 wrote: »
    Wasn't there talk of there being a second Slane concert in 2013? Perhaps it has something to do with that.

Or do mcd even promote Slane?
    Doubt they'd announce a second slane on the day the first ones tickets go on sale. Usually a press conference is called at slane castle to announce it also. My money is on a kings of leon or oxegen announcement, or that kings of leon are playing oxegen. I could be wrong though, just an educated guess

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭optimistic_

It’ll be Oxegen 2013 details – Or more likely an entirely “new” festival.
    And if they’ve heeded any feedback it will be a two day with a Friday night camp, less stages and not in Punchestown.
    Either way I’ll be going nowhere near it.

ATP 2 for me next summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

It’ll be Oxegen 2013 details – Or more likely an entirely “new” festival.
    And if they’ve heeded any feedback it will be a two day with a Friday night camp, less stages and not in Punchestown.
    Either way I’ll be going nowhere near it.

ATP 2 for me next summer.
    why would they move it from Punchestown? it's perfect for Oxegen :confused:
    there's few, if any other places that they could hold it.

why would they move it from Punchestown? it's perfect for Oxegen :confused:
    there's few, if any other places that they could hold it.

Exactly, Punchestown is the ideal site for such an event. If it's going ahead, that's where it will be!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Mr.S wrote: »
    Oxegen 2013 details perhaps?

Sounds bigger then a gig, MCD don't usually tweet stuff like that about shows.

tumblr_m5fxvu5PHH1r0yoc7o5_r1_500.jpg

Reported. For the craic.

RangeR wrote: »
    Reported. For the craic.

Didnt know Mods can get reported

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Didnt know Mods can get reported

Doooooooh

• Registered Users Posts: 21,047 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Could be a kings of Leon gig. They announced some uk dates this week
    how the F** is that anything even resembling remotely "big"

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Anniebell

I'm hoping its Robbie Williams. His tour dates are usually announced soon after his album release which was last Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,667 ✭✭✭bren2001

Anniebell wrote: »
    I'm hoping its Robbie Williams. His tour dates are usually announced soon after his album release which was last Friday.

Was just going to post something similar. Slane and Oxegen market overlap, it makes some sense to leave a few weeks gap to let people get their Slane ticket. If Oxegen does return, I expect it to be announced at the end of the month.

With Slane going on sale tomorrow I think they will try and hit a different genre now. Robbie slots into that nicely, I expect him to play a stadium, new album, although, not what I am hoping for.

how the F** is that anything even resembling remotely "big"

wasnt saying that it was big but obviously mcd are gonna try hype it up

bren2001 wrote: »
    Was just going to post something similar. Slane and Oxegen market overlap, it makes some sense to leave a few weeks gap to let people get their Slane ticket. If Oxegen does return, I expect it to be announced at the end of the month.

With Slane going on sale tomorrow I think they will try and hit a different genre now. Robbie slots into that nicely, I expect him to play a stadium, new album, although, not what I am hoping for.

robbie williams is a good shout for the "big" announcement but i dont think there will be that similar crowds goin to bon jovi at slane as that goin to oxegen next year

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Can't wait for all the whingers in here after another MCD hype fest does exactly what it's intended to do.

Pointless thread tbh.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

wasnt saying that it was big but obviously mcd are gonna try hype it up

I hope you're right and it is KOL. A decent guess imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,429 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Journey and Whitesnake are playing in Belfast on the 16th May 2013. Maybe its a Dublin date being announced ??

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

although its a good call, i cant see journey and whitesnake being "big".

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Anniebell

Maybe it's a Robbie back in Slane announcement! Hate the hassle of getting there & back but I'd be there in a flash if it was him.
    Doubt it will be though as there's no hint of any tour dates on his website or anything yet

• Registered Users Posts: 39 brenmusic

It's gonna be Oxegen 2013. Stone Roses and Kings Of Leon headlining. That should help.

brenmusic wrote: »
    It's gonna be Oxegen 2013. Stone Roses and Kings Of Leon headlining. That should help.

Sounds possible. I see TITP Christmas Early Bird tickets are going on sale on the 7th December and thats it's being held 12th-14th July 2013.

Given that Oxegen and TITP operate to similar schedules, I would expect an Oxegen announcement soon with a week/few weeks of non-stop MCD radio adverts/posters/TV adverts etc etc before tickets go on sale!

Also, I'm going to throw the Killers into the mix as another possible headliner.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

Think the answer has just been posted, but it will be a dublin gig.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056801856

jossnjuice wrote: »
    Think the answer has just been posted, but it will be a dublin gig.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056801856

I wouldn't think so being honest.

• Advertisement

Yea can see this being the announcement . But didnt Aiken do his last few gigs over here?

Advertisement