Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acorn life pension.

Options
  • 07-11-2012 4:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭

Hello all I hope this is the right thread for this query.

I have a Acorn life pension since 2007 and there Rep wants to meet me and discuss the ins and outs of it. I am a small bit unsure if the pension is actually any good and would I get a better deal elsewhere.

What question do I need to ask and what figures should I be looking for.

I will report back with answers if thats ok and ye can analyse it.

Cheers.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Ask 2 simple questions. How much have I paid in, and what's the transfer value?

Acorn Life are a direct sales organisation, so the customers needs won't necessarily tally with those of the salesman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Jack breen

Ask 2 simple questions. How much have I paid in, and what's the transfer value?

Acorn Life are a direct sales organisation, so the customers needs won't necessarily tally with those of the salesman.

Ok cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Leprechaun77

The cynic in me believes that the primary purpose of this visit is not to review your pension, but to flog you another commission generating product....just an excuse to get in your front door legally.

It does not pay him to 'discuss the ins and outs' of your pension. If he was that concerned about you, he probably would have made more regular contact than once every five years. Whilst I don't begrudge him making a living, it has been my experience that they are not exactly customer focused, or have the customers best interest at heart.

Guaranteed to try and persuade you into taking out some policy with, let's say, 'uncompetitive' benefits. (NAP)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Jack breen

The cynic in me believes that the primary purpose of this visit is not to review your pension, but to flog you another commission generating product....just an excuse to get in your front door legally.

It does not pay him to 'discuss the ins and outs' of your pension. If he was that concerned about you, he probably would have made more regular contact than once every five years. Whilst I don't begrudge him making a living, it has been my experience that they are not exactly customer focused, or have the customers best interest at heart.

Guaranteed to try and persuade you into taking out some policy with, let's say, 'uncompetitive' benefits. (NAP)

He cancelled the visit funnily enough but I will let ye know how things pan out..

Advertisement