Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

steam help

• 07-11-2012 4:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,464 ✭✭✭✭

I got a gift today and when i try to add it to me library I get "Unable to add the gift to your game library. The gift may have already been redeemed. Please try again later"

The game was a gift from Russian friend. I know there's a restriction on it "This is a restricted gift which can only be redeemed in these countries: Russian Federation, Belarus, Ukraine, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Republic of, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan" but im using vpn to add the game to my library but I cant

any advice ?

btw the game isnt out yet

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Account is tied to billing address not IP no?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,178 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

That vpn stuff can be dodgy, if steam catch you at it there may be punishments, also pretty sure your games gone, if it was a server issue or somekind of regional error youd get a message saying so, if it says its been redeemed its most likely been redeemed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

I'd walk away – not worth getting you account suspended.

BTW what game is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,464 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Its ops 2. I think ill just give up trying to get it cheap. I cant really afford paying 50 for a game which ill most likely hate so thought id give the Russia avenue a chance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Certain games you need to activate via VPN for the Russian versions etc.
    Never done it myself though

• Advertisement
Advertisement