Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Probably a naive question

Options
  • 07-11-2012 5:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭

But the asking prices you see on the likes of my home/daft etc - do ye reckon for the most part these properties are selling for well below these prices in the current climate?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

But the asking prices you see on the likes of my home/daft etc - do ye reckon for the most part these properties are selling for well below these prices in the current climate?

Probably.

I would assume this is the case anyway, if I was looking on daft or wherever I would see the asking price and start wondering what I could actually get it for. I guess most people put up what they would really hope to get for it, but are willing to negotiate in some way on the price put up.

Granted there probably are a few on it that are at the bottom price acceptable to the seller after a few price reductions, but I would say the majority are open to negotiations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

it depends on the area. Often yes, but not always.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

OP, check the property price register for recent sales in the area

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

subway wrote: »
    OP, check the property price register for recent sales in the area

+1

And then check the propertypin, collapso.net, google cache etc for the asking price of those recent sales so you can have an idea of the difference between the two.

Advertisement