Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My Bloody Valentine to release new album next month!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,186 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

So the joke is coming to an end!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

ABOUT ****ING TIME :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Temaz wrote: »
    Great news!!!

Kevin Shields: New My Bloody Valentine album due next month It's been 21 years since Loveless, but now – out of nowhere – Kevin Shields has announced the new MBV album

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2012/nov/07/my-bloody-valentine-new-album?intcmp=ILCMUSTXT9383

Hmm, I'm torn between elation and caution. Remember how long it took to issue the remastered versions of Loveless and Isn't Anything? Let's wait and see on this one.

mosstin wrote: »
    Hmm, I'm torn between elation and caution. Remember how long it took to issue the remastered versions of Loveless and Isn't Anything? Let's wait and see on this one.
    yeah but one month surely means it's recorded somewhat at least!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Eileen Down

Now that's what I call good news.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

I don't believe they will be releasing it, if so I'm all over it but this is more ridiculous than Chinese Democracy right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

won't believe it until it's in my hands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

I definitely won't believe it until I see it. More than likely this will be pushed back to early next year or something.

if it's from the horses mouth that it's out next month, then it's recorded and almost ready to ship, he did mention the artwork is pending.

if it's from the horses mouth that it's out next month, then it's recorded and almost ready to ship, he did mention the artwork is pending.

This is Kevin Shields saying it. For Kevin 'next week' means late spring. 2020.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,908 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Back in 2007, he said it was about three quarters done. However, I have a feeling we will see it eventually.

Suas11 wrote: »

Back in 2007, he said it was about three quarters done. However, I have a feeling we will see it eventually.
    That means not recorded, out next month means it must be recorded

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

I bet next month he will come out and say its delayed as his dog ate it.

There's a new MBV album been realesed, maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow but soon and for the rest of our lives.
    Colour me chuffed:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

It'd want to be the best damn record ever made at this rate...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

The big question is whether the new album will be similar in style to the previous 2 (layered guitars, dance background, ethereal vocals), which has held up incredibly well for over 20 years, or be a completely new departure. I would suspect the latter. Either way, can't wait to hear it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

I hope there's at least one 90s-inspired reggae rap in there somewhere.

I hope there's at least one 90s-inspired reggae rap in there somewhere.

I hope there's a **** off tinnitus inducing tour in there somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

I hope there's a **** off tinnitus inducing tour in there somewhere.

Saw them in Manchester when they started touring again. There were signs up everywhere telling people to wear earplugs (staff were handing them out for free) but still there were eejits everywhere without them.

At the 20 minute sonic apocalypse at the end there were people with their hands over their ears in agony.

Remember kids - always wear earplugs to enjoy My Bloody Valentine live.

Saw them in Manchester when they started touring again. There were signs up everywhere telling people to wear earplugs (staff were handing them out for free) but still there were eejits everywhere without them.

At the 20 minute sonic apocalypse at the end there were people with their hands over their ears in agony.

Brilliant - I saw them both nights in Manchester. Once downstairs and the following night upstairs. Had my own ear plugs and took them once specifically for 'Soon' - it felt wrong to have them in for that. I thought they were astonishingly good live - O'Cíosóg is a machine. There must be live dates if there's a new record.

• Advertisement

:cool:20130216-melbourneb_670x0.jpg

Saw them at Electric Picnic 2008, and we only got 15 minutes of the Holocaust... I'll be looking forward to the full shebang next Spring so...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

:cool:20130216-melbourneb_670x0.jpg

It's a long way to go for a gig but **** it ...........

byronbay2 wrote: »
    It's a long way to go for a gig but **** it ...........

Surely they'll come home for a Dublin gig.

rcaz wrote: »
    Surely they'll come home for a Dublin gig.

They didn't last time around.

The big question is whether the new album will be similar in style to the previous 2 (layered guitars, dance background, ethereal vocals), which has held up incredibly well for over 20 years, or be a completely new departure. I would suspect the latter. Either way, can't wait to hear it!

I wonder if the the Kevin Shields tracks on th soundtrack to "Lost in Translation" is any clue to what the new one may sound like.
    Classic MBV sound (City Girl- Goodbye) with added 21st century( Are you awake?)
    If the new one should have a version of "Are you awake?" that's longer than a minute and a half, I will be fecking delighted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭dinneenp

it's a big maybe for the new album to be very similar in style- it was 21 years ago they last realesed a new album so they've changed as people, music influences, etc.
    Having said that if they realease a totallydifferent album then, for me it's not MBV.

I saw them at EP and they blew me away, I loved the white noise.
    If I could see any band again it'd be them.

I always say, 3/4 joking, that artists who have created albums of such greatness should get some kind of national award, like a knighthood and financial prize. It'd ensure that Debbie Goody didn't have to work (briefly) as a taxi driver.
    I'm not talking about throwing the awards around every year but only when a truely stunning album is released (Loveless, Screamadelica, Nevermind, most Pixies albums etc.)

dinneenp wrote: »
    it's a big maybe for the new album to be very similar in style- it was 21 years ago they last realesed a new album so they've changed as people, music influences, etc.
    Having said that if they realease a totallydifferent album then, for me it's not MBV.

I saw them at EP and they blew me away, I loved the white noise.
    If I could see any band again it'd be them.

I always say, 3/4 joking, that artists who have created albums of such greatness should get some kind of national award, like a knighthood and financial prize. It'd ensure that Debbie Goody didn't have to work (briefly) as a taxi driver.
    I'm not talking about throwing the awards around every year but only when a truely stunning album is released (Loveless, Screamadelica, Nevermind, most Pixies albums etc.)

And quite a few of those records were released in 1991, the most amazing year for music. You could throw Blue Lines in there too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

And quite a few of those records were released in 1991, the most amazing year for music. You could throw Blue Lines in there too.

And lets not forget the near-perfect Blood Sugar Sex Magik.

• Advertisement

karaokeman wrote: »

Yerself Is Steam - Mercury Rev. Waaaaaaaay before Donahue started singing about fairies in his garden. I miss David Baker.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,908 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Spiderland and Laughing Stock was released that year too.

The Low End Theory and Bandwagonesque too, 1991 was a good year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

Gigs announced for the UK in March. Surely a homecoming is on the cards?

Stompbox wrote: »
    Gigs announced for the UK in March. Surely a homecoming is on the cards?

To buy or not to buy tickets for Glasgow or Manchester - on sale tomorrow at 9am. No guarantee of Irish dates, the contrary bastards. Simply not to be missed live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

karaokeman wrote: »

No lets forget that. A truly atrocious band.

• Advertisement

I'm half tempted to splurge on a ticket for the London show but I don't have any mates who are enough into MBV to bounce with me. [DESPERATION]Anyone fancy a gig buddy?[/DESPERATION]

I'm half tempted to splurge on a ticket for the London show but I don't have any mates who are enough into MBV to bounce with me. [DESPERATION]Anyone fancy a gig buddy?[/DESPERATION]
    Yeah i'm thinking the same thing...are they out yet?

Yeah, I think they came out last Friday.

Yeah, I think they came out last Friday.

They did indeed. Going to see them in Barrowlands. No word of Irish dates and I don't expect there to be either. Shame but it was the same the last around also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Captain Graphite

If you can't find a gig buddy just go by yourself. This year I've gone to Lady Gaga, M83, Yeasayer and Florence + the Machine by myself (not many friends and the ones I have all suck! :pac: ) and will most likely be going to MBV alone too. Kinda sucks being by yourself when you see other people together but it's much better than missing out on an awesome gig 'cause you won't go by yourself!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭notnumber

If you can't find a gig buddy just go by yourself. This year I've gone to Lady Gaga, M83, Yeasayer and Florence + the Machine by myself (not many friends and the ones I have all suck! :pac: ) and will most likely be going to MBV alone too. Kinda sucks being by yourself when you see other people together but it's much better than missing out on an awesome gig 'cause you won't go by yourself!

I keep plugging the gigonometry website for exactly cases like this.While I have no problem heading into gig in town on my todd heading international takes alot more courage .Re..MBV funnily enough i never really got into them but if you where to suggest it as an event on the gigonometry might get some interest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

yep saw them in Barrowlands last time around amazing gig , stood at the back and even there , i had trouble with my ears the next day , ear plugs all the way , I thought it was OTT when I saw the signs about the volume, but fck they were loud :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Facebook status on the official My Bloody Valentine Page 10 mins ago..

'On 21-12-12 we finished mastering the new album!'

Looks like the new album might actually be a reality:D

Manchester anybody?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

I heard the first song off of this. Last night. It was quite good. Dare I say, Loveless for 2012/13. More of the same (and no bad thing that is!), but with added clarity (a trite word in the context of MBV, I know, but it made sense) and contemporary sort of er, sensibilities about it...

Ok, so it was a dream, but Jaysus, it was a good one. I hope to have many more.

I heard the first song off of this. Last night. It was quite good. Dare I say, Loveless for 2012/13. More of the same (and no bad thing that is!), but with added clarity (a trite word in the context of MBV, I know, but it made sense) and contemporary sort of er, sensibilities about it...

Ok, so it was a dream, but Jaysus, it was a good one. I hope to have many more.
    Where did you hear it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Morrison J wrote: »
    Facebook status on the official My Bloody Valentine Page 10 mins ago..

'On 21-12-12 we finished mastering the new album!'

Looks like the new album might actually be a reality:D

Soundtrack to the end of the world?

1. Praying for a Hope Sandoval guest vocal somewhere
    2. Praying for Coachella 2013 to be included in any tour

Zero1986 wrote: »
    Where did you hear it?
    ha read that again!

ha read that again!
    Hehe, I guess I didn't read the last part properly :D