Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My Bloody Valentine to release new album next month!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Can't see this album coming out, Kevin has been hinting at it for so long, said it would be out by the end of the year, tomorrow is 2013 and there's still nothing. Perfectionism is one thing but the longer this is put off the more fans will expect, and as rcaz said it would need to be the best album of all time at this point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,266 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

it's mastered...therefore it's technically ready

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭AhrSkidar

An article in today's Athlone Advertiser, primarily about Paolo Nutini, mentioned in passing that MBV completed the album in the Grouse Lodge studios here in Westmeath. The studio's Twitter feed confirms Kevin Shields was indeed there: https://twitter.com/grouselodge

Will believe it when I see/hear it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 142 ✭✭Epicness

AhrSkidar wrote: »
    An article in today's Athlone Advertiser, primarily about Paolo Nutini, mentioned in passing that MBV completed the album in the Grouse Lodge studios here in Westmeath. The studio's Twitter feed confirms Kevin Shields was indeed there: https://twitter.com/grouselodge

Wtf haha! That's crazy ! You'd think the whole article would be about MBV. This will probably be picked up by p4k etc. soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

It's been more or less reported before. I read that Shields really needs the money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Eileen Down

So their just about to go on stage for a warm up gig in Brixton and the set list is:

I only said
    when you sleep
    you never should
    honey power
    cigarette in your bed
    come in alone
    only shallow
    thorn
    nothing much to lose
    sometimes
    to here knows when
    slow
    soon
    feed me with your kiss
    you made me realise

They opened the show tonight with a new song and some talk of the new album being released in a couple of days.

The second tune is a new too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

Are you at the show, Eileen?

• Advertisement

No, I wish was. I've been glued to a couple of sites for the last few of hours. The poor refesh button must be feeling really sore right now.
    I can't wait to hear the bootleg tomorrow.

So this is the new song by My Bloody Valentine.

Sounds interesting, can't wait to hear the album version in a couple of days time.

AhrSkidar wrote: »

I can see it now....He went home to his mammy for the xmas dinner, stopped off in athlone for a big mac....heard grouse studios was open...."ah sure one more remix won't hurt".....new album back to square one again!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Endless Nameless

I was told that MBV were gonna play in the o2 in Dublin soon, and tried googling and came up with nothing

So they're really not playing here?

Leaked song btw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQVRAUACsh4

They wouldn't fill the O2, Olympia or Vicar Street if anything.

They would

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

I'd far prefer to have my ears blown off me in the Olympia than the O2.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,926 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

karaokeman wrote: »
    They wouldn't fill the O2, Olympia or Vicar Street if anything.

Maybe not the O2 would I think they would definitely fill the Olympia or Vicar Street.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 324 ✭✭cranks

I was told that MBV were gonna play in the o2 in Dublin soon, and tried googling and came up with nothing

So they're really not playing here?

Leaked song btw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQVRAUACsh4

Nice to see shoegazing anticipated so keenly :p
    Love the track - Hope the album production keeps the feel of this live version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭dinneenp

someone tweeted
    At My Bloody Valentine in Brixton. Kevin Shields said from the stage the new album 'might be out in two our three days'”hurrah!

I'd far prefer to have my ears blown off me in the Olympia than the O2.

I've had my ears blown off me a few times in the olympia and it wasn't worth it, just crackling... and I think i'd rather MBV had the space of the o2 to get the full rig set up right.

• Advertisement

I've had my ears blown off me a few times in the olympia and it wasn't worth it, just crackling... and I think i'd rather MBV had the space of the o2 to get the full rig set up right.

You can't go to an MBV gig without earplugs anyway (or at least you shouldn't). I saw them in the Apollo in Manchester (roughly the same size as the Olympia) a few years back and their set up was great so I don't think being in the O2 would be too much of a benefit.

Review of the Brixton gig here.

Seems to have been a lot of sound issues.

ah well that's what warm ups are for!! Let's hope they've ironed it all out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Morrison J

'We are preparing to go live with the new album/website this evening. We will make an announcement as soon as its up.'

Wow. Exciting stuff :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,720 ✭✭✭jd

Looks like album is called
    403 - Forbidden
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

jd wrote: »
    Looks like album is called
    403 - Forbidden
    :)
    Yeah I think their website has just crashed :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

I swear to **** I am like a child waiting for Santa to come.

Im guessing this is the artwork

mbv-newalbum.jpg

Is there a link?

I googled to see was there any news....hilarious results! The age of leaks and torrents and mbv have the whole internet in suspense!

• Advertisement

Is there a link?
    Just their Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/mybloodyvalentine

Legends.....New site online this evening....find it yourselves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

I'd love to say I've been waiting for 22 years but in 1991 I was 13 and listening to sh1t music :pac:

RikkFlair wrote: »
    I'd love to say I've been waiting for 22 years but in 1991 I was 13 and listening to sh1t music :pac:

I have been waiting for 22 years and in 1991 I was 18 and listening to great music. 1991 was an unreal year for albums.

EDIT: But it's gonna have to wait till tomorrow cos I'm too old for staying up this late:D

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Midlife Crashes

Hope this doesn't fall in to the Guns N' Roses trap that even though it may be amazing, but cause people have their expectations insanely high, it's regarded as crap....

ITS UP!!!

Server Busy. Typical.

http://www.mybloodyvalentine.org/

The service is unavailable.
    Server is too busy

Way to go guys!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Kevin Shields is just a big tease

The album has 9 tracks.

I'm too drunk for this ****, maybe tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Midlife Crashes

Apparently 16 bucks for 9 tracks....

Seems it's not coming out till 3 tomorrow now. Ridiculous.

Now I'm definitely going to bed. **** it.

Genius move hosting the site on inadequate servers...the crash is fueling the hype

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭mathproblem

Would love just to be able to stream a tune or two on youtube or something & just give it a listen. I'll definitely be buying it when the traffic dies down, trying to resist trying to refresh page & adding to the problem.

no even informal reviews around the web yet to see if people reckon it's a change of direction or not & how it stacks against the previous two...

the artwork is in keeping with the previous releases ?stylistically? yet with its own stamp of uniqueness... same only different as me Da used to say:

mbv-newalbum.jpg

EDIT: Live stream from here: some college radio station... http://wrpi.org/listen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

No problems for me with the site at this time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭mathproblem

Just the opening track here:, it's sumptuous.. it would almost make you angry to think we havent heard from them for 20 whole years.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,926 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Just finished listening to it and it's love at first listen. There definitely are similarities toward Loveless but I can also hear where Kevin talked about the influence of jungle music on it. The production is fantastic too. I was prepared to be disappointed but I'm not.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭MrVoracious

Sounds brilliant can't waiit for the cd to arrive!

Anybody think theres much chance they'll play a gig in ireland this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Sounds good, first three songs anyway. Very "IF you liked Loveless, then you'll enjoy..."

But that's good. That's why we like these bands. :-)

Just heard the album, expecting disappointment but it blew me away.... just fantastic.

Like Loveless part 2, seems to continue in the same vein but there are slight moments of departure, which is good. Really like the other-worldly feel to it, some moments of Isn't Anything there as well. Loveless is still their best record, but just about really, this one is a close second.

Great flow to some of the tracks, particularly the first four. Have the whole album on my iPod as I plan to absorb it some more so I can fully appreciate it if they make an appearance in Dublin anytime soon.

• Advertisement
Advertisement