Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My Bloody Valentine to release new album next month!

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 240 ✭✭Manchegan

244606.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭mathproblem

Manchegan wrote: »
    Arrived today

Ditto. & in perfect condition after reading some online scare stories about dodgy packaging, happy days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

mine arrived. No damage. Pity the CD isn't in a JEWEL case.

Vinyl sounds good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,709 ✭✭✭jd

Arrived today! Realised turntable in Wexford. A jewel case for the CD would have been nice. Liner notes would have been good too, I would have liked to know when and where each track was recorded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 369 ✭✭lewisdhead

Got mine yesterday. The cd not being in a jewel case was not a surprise to me. A lot of artists are including cd's with the vinyl, but always in a slip case. not full jewel case. Actually this packaging is good compared to others I've bought when the cd is only in a clear plastic case or a very light paper case with tracklisting. MBV one included a little booklet.

Just back from o2 Apollo, Savage gig, mbv tunes were highlights, not everyday you hear this but the holocaust was an amazing experience. Colm o c joins the band down front with a guitar for wonderii! Deaf as a post now!

Was also at the second show at the Hammersmith Apollo. Dunno if it's true or not but one of the staff said the venue borrowed the PA from Wembley Arena, a ± 14,000-ish capacity venue to accommodate MBV in a ±3,000-ish venue.

That kind of volume was just pointless I thought. I mean the vocals were completely lost. Not just buried, or low quality, I mean 100% inaudible. May as well have been listening to instrumentals all night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

+1 on that, Ash. Although I could hear Kevin ever so slightly, Bilinda wasn't on my radar whatsoever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Was also at the second show at the Hammersmith Apollo. Dunno if it's true or not but one of the staff said the venue borrowed the PA from Wembley Arena, a ± 14,000-ish capacity venue to accommodate MBV in a ±3,000-ish venue.

That kind of volume was just pointless I thought. I mean the vocals were completely lost. Not just buried, or low quality, I mean 100% inaudible. May as well have been listening to instrumentals all night.

Funny that but Bilinda was pretty much audible throughout the Glasgow gig but you couldn't hear a word Shields sang which was really frustrating. Regardless of how Shields wanted the sound set up, surely his vocals need to be audible. That said still a blinding gig.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,186 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Playing T in the park, not sure if that means anything for us, as they'd need serious logistics to get here the next day with all kevins amps and what not!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

Playing T in the park, not sure if that means anything for us, as they'd need serious logistics to get here the next day with all kevins amps and what not!!
    They'd need at least two containers for all his effects pedals :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

He uses far less effects pedals than people think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭snausages

I did not know this was a thing until now. After the Arcade Fire disappointment this is just what I needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 545 ✭✭✭WatchWolf

snausages wrote: »
    I did not know this was a thing until now. After the Arcade Fire disappointment this is just what I needed.

What? mbv wasn't a disappointment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭snausages

WatchWolf wrote: »
    What? mbv wasn't a disappointment.

I know, it's f*cking incredible. Chinese Democracy this ain't. I was disappointed with Reflektor. Sorry for the confusion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭6am7f9zxrsjvnb

snausages wrote: »
    I know, it's f*cking incredible. Chinese Democracy this ain't. I was disappointed with Reflektor. Sorry for the confusion
    Rule 1 of the independent music fan`s charter states that its members must bow at the feet of My Bloody Valentine. Loveless remains extraordinary,and the band deserve respect for creating an entirely unique sound..as the dust settles though,it`s becoming increasing clear that mbv is far from f*cking incredible.

• Advertisement

my albums of the year belong to Carcass and MBV!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Rule 1 of the independent music fan`s charter states that its members must bow at the feet of My Bloody Valentine. Loveless remains extraordinary,and the band deserve respect for creating an entirely unique sound..as the dust settles though,it`s becoming increasing clear that mbv is far from f*cking incredible.

It is to some. Loveless was/is a magnificent record but few bands have created a masterpiece like that and then topped it. Very few, if any, folk said that mbv was a superior record to Loveless. The hype came from the fact that the band had finally - after almost 2 decades - of rumours returned with a product. It's a bloody excellent record and She Found Now, for one, is ****ing incredible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

m b v was never going to be held in higher regard compared to Loveless and most people were expecting that. I think most people were just relieved that they were finally releasing a follow up after so many years regardless of if was as good as or better than Loveless. I still think it's a great album and one of the best of the year so far. However it does sound tame compared to Loveless and also because the shoegaze sound has been done to death in the 22 years since Loveless was released.

anyway....MBV one thing is for sure...it is a masterpiece, it is a work of genius, it just lacks the commercial bite of loveless....the high regard for loveless seems to take from peoples enjoyment of the other albums...

I've just got my hands on some bootlegs of live shows...and it proved one thing for me! Kevin Sheilds has a lot going on there!! He's certainly not shoe gazing he's a very busy guitarist on that stage!

Advertisement