Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hearts appeal to fans as club fears for future after tax bill

• 07-11-2012 5:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20241385
    Hearts say there is a danger that Saturday's home game against St Mirren could be the club's last.

The club have been issued with a winding-up order by the Court of Session in Edinburgh after failing to pay a tax bill for close to £450,000.

"This isn't a bluff, this isn't scaremongering, this is reality," read a statement from Hearts.

"Without the support of fans there is a real risk that Hearts could possibly play its last game next Saturday."

Another grossly mismanaged club in Scotland looking to bleed their fans dry.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

That's what happens when you don't pay your taxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Aw diddums.

Not the first time, and I suspect Romanov to jump in again.
    But that won't keep happening, if their share issue fails it could very well be over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Madam

Romanoff will bugger off back to Russia and leave them in the lurch I'm sure but it's the good honest Hearts fans I feel for! You'd think you would have some sympathy Jelle?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Discussions on whose name is above the door, talk about how the money has been spent and debate on whether the investment in silverware has been appropriate is all natural but quite simply worthless at this moment in time," adds the club statement.

"The only valid debate now is how can you help the club.

"This club has been supported for the last seven years by generous funding from the majority shareholding business Ukio Banko Investicine Grupe (UBIG) and we continue to seek the support of UBIG at this stage

If think Hearts fans are going to buy that brand of bull they have another thing coming. They should ask for Romanov to leave the club before giving him another penny in any shape or form.

Madam wrote: »
    Romanoff will bugger off back to Russia and leave them in the lurch I'm sure but it's the good honest Hearts fans I feel for! You'd think you would have some sympathy Jelle?

I used to like Hearts, they have a nice little ground and The Hearts Song is brilliant.
    But after having a look on HMFC Kickback (my local team in Belgium played a friendly there 2 years ago), they're all a bunch of bitter idiots who hate everything Glasgow-related (and especially Rangers and Celtic), acting as if it could never happen to their perfect club.

Karma is a bitch.

Although, should it happen it would be a great loss for the SPL, the Edinburgh derby is a great occasion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

LET THEM ROT!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

The only owed €450,000 and apparently they will be wrapped up within a week!
    Rangers owed 75 million in taxes and they dragged the arse out of it.
    The capacity of Tynecastle is 17,420
    If everyone players,staff stewards etc worked for free for one match day and everyone paid £25 then they would cover the majority of that tax bill.

Bowlardo wrote: »
    The only owed €450,000 and apparently they will be wrapped up within a week!
    Rangers owed 75 million in taxes and they dragged the arse out of it.
    The capacity of Tynecastle is 17,420
    If everyone players,staff stewards etc worked for free for one match day and everyone paid £25 then they would cover the majority of that tax bill.

rangers went into administration over a tax bill of 9m. the liability from the ebt case wasnt fully known until after a cva failed, assets were sold to another company etc etc

that income would have a tax liability! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

LET THEM ROT!!!

now now when did you last win the big cup :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Seems Scottish football is really in a bad shape.

• Advertisement

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    I used to like Hearts, they have a nice little ground and The Hearts Song is brilliant.
    But after having a look on HMFC Kickback (my local team in Belgium played a friendly there 2 years ago), they're all a bunch of bitter idiots who hate everything Glasgow-related (and especially Rangers and Celtic), acting as if it could never happen to their perfect club.

Karma is a bitch.

Although, should it happen it would be a great loss for the SPL, the Edinburgh derby is a great occasion.

and celtic/rangers hate everything Edinburgh related especially Hearts/Hibs and visa versa bla bla bla,they are 2 major city's 40 miles apart,calling us Hearts supporters bitter idiots is a bot ott imo.
    where did you get the idea we think it could never happen to our club? we have been well aware of the very real danger the club has been in for some time,kickback i agree is full of idiots.
    Rangers were up to every dirty little trick in the book,Hearts have a well dodgy owner who has pulled the plug and basically said sink or swim on your own back but before he came we were no where near the debt he is burdening us with.
    he's lithuanian by the way and a nut job :mad:

snaps wrote: »

hearts are a club that have been grossly mismanaged for almost a decade., rangers the same but for longer. plenty of mismanaged clubs in other bigger leagues

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

jambofc wrote: »
    now now when did you last win the big cup :D

I never realised Hearts won the European Cup :p

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Good riddence. Dislike them even more than ex-rangers/sevco.

PauloMN wrote: »
    Good riddence. Dislike them even more than ex-rangers/sevco.

why? what did they do to make you hate them so much?

I never realised Hearts won the European Cup :p

didnt say they did,i asked when was the last time they one the big cup.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

jambofc wrote: »

why? what did they do to make you hate them so much?

Dislike <> Hate.

Dont like their fans very much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭1967

As a Hibee it may seem like sour grapes but i am not losing any sleep over them,the majority of there fans are clueless every year since Romanov took them over they have gotten deeper into debt,this tax bill is seperate from a bill that they are disputing with HMRC which is for well over a million they have been mismanaged for years paying players inflated wages that they could in no way afford and now its payback time.

PauloMN wrote: »
    Dislike <> Hate.

Dont like their fans very much.

so why dont you like the fans?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,078 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

A bit bitter perhaps?

• Advertisement

NIMAN wrote: »
    A bit bitter perhaps?

Who? Paulo? The poor Hibby?

I'll wait and see where the next few weeks takes us. Even if we were to stop existing it wouldn't prevent the Lochend Brazil from tripping over their own shoelaces and hurting themselves every time they had to play a meaningful Scottish Cup tie.

Since Jesus was two........... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭StephenHendry

snaps wrote: »

similar to rangers plight, if hearts do go under it is another nail in the coffin for the SPL no matter who you support there

similar to rangers plight, if hearts do go under it is another nail in the coffin for the SPL no matter who you support there

The effect of Rangers not being the SPL has had minimal effect (i.e. 2 sellout away gates no longer guaranteed) for Rangers games on other clubs in the SPL.

Explain this 'nail in the coffin' stuff that seems to be constantly trotted out by people regardless of whats actually going on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

Honestly, the authors of that statement lost a lot of sympathy IMO when they wrote "The only valid debate now is how can you help the club."

When you've got the begging bowl out over unpaid VAT and PAYE, it doesn't pay to be condescending.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

It has to be remembered Hearts are also in debt to the tune of 22m to Romanov's bank he is going to want that money back. Serious problems for Hearts right there

A flat pack administration is something Romanov wants to avoid if thats the case!

Dempsey wrote: »
    The effect of Rangers not being the SPL has had minimal effect (i.e. 2 sellout away gates no longer guaranteed) for Rangers games on other clubs in the SPL.

Explain this 'nail in the coffin' stuff that seems to be constantly trotted out by people regardless of whats actually going on

Are you Stuart Cosgrove ?

Are you Stuart Cosgrove ?

No, nor do I care who he is :rolleyes:

Strange, because you sound exactly like him.

'Nothing is wrong in Scottish football since Rangers are no longer in the SPL'

One day later Hearts say they're pretty much ****ed.

And yet you both continue as if there is no problem.

• Advertisement

Strange, because you sound exactly like him.

'Nothing is wrong in Scottish football since Rangers are no longer in the SPL'

One day later Hearts say they're pretty much ****ed.

And yet you both continue as if there is no problem.

You think these problems are related? They are not.

No, it's just pure coincidence.

They had tax problems last year too

EDIT

Bagdad Bob picture is rich coming from you!

By that i mean the spl future or the spl as we know, its hearts today and then one of the other spl clubs will be affected. it can't be good for the spl in general and if hearts do go under the spl will suffer badly.

They had tax problems last year too

EDIT

Bagdad Bob picture is rich coming from you!

And the year before, and before that.

But no, the fact that NOW their problem becomes worse is just sheer coincidence of course.

It's Comical Ali by the way.

By that i mean the spl future or the spl as we know, its hearts today and then one of the other spl clubs will be affected. it can't be good for the spl in general and if hearts do go under the spl will suffer badly.

The biggest problem for other SPL clubs is if Hearts cannot fulfil their fixture list but we are not quite at that stage yet!

We heard all this before with Rangers and as expected it was only a speed bump for the SPL. Hearts going under wouldnt be much worse than when Gretna went to the wall imo

But no, the fact that NOW their problem becomes worse is just sheer coincidence of course.

If anything its because of the 'lithuanian tax case' hanging over them and Romanov becoming increasingly desperate to sell the club and get back his money, nothing to do with Rangers.

Care to show some evidence linking Hearts tax problems this season to Rangers? /gets popcorn

Muhammad Saeed al-Sahhaf has lots of nicknames, Baghdad Bob was one of them. Comical Ali is another. Were you going for the +1 there? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

Hearts didn't rack up all of that bill since Rangers went to the wall.

It's like saying, is it a sheer coincidence that Rangers went out of business shortly after that last club that went out of business, went out of business?

I disagree completely. It cannot be good to have badly run clubs like Hearts constantly on life support, teetering on the brink of extinction. It might sound harsh, but it's better to let them die - either completely, or be reborn debt free (as with Rangers).

I'm sure there'll be big changes to the SPL over coming years, but I don't think that's a bad thing.

Who? Paulo? The poor Hibby?

I'll wait and see where the next few weeks takes us. Even if we were to stop existing it wouldn't prevent the Lochend Brazil from tripping over their own shoelaces and hurting themselves every time they had to play a meaningful Scottish Cup tie.

Since Jesus was two........... :D
    Well if we could cheat like what ye have done then maybe we would of won it by now.

Well if we could cheat like what ye have done then maybe we would of won it by now.

Since Jesus was two....... :D

Hearts didn't rack up all of that bill since Rangers went to the wall.

Nope, in fact I'd guess a lot of it was beforehand. This is down to Romanov et al getting it wrong over a quite extended period of time. But it suits the WhinRainjurs narrative to say that this is a by-product of what happened to them.

Quelle surprise, as they say in the West End of Edinburgh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Lots of rumours that Dunfermline are in trouble with a tax bill too now, and that players were not paid in full in october.

Hearts going under would be the same as Gretna going bust ?

Really ?

No Old Firm derby and no more Edinburgh derby.

I'm sure Sky would love paying for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Camac Hibs

The hearts situation has very little to do with rangers plight, as anyone with even a basic grasp of scottish football's recent history will understand.

I dont really want to see hearts go bust but it is difficult to have sympathy for them. They have paid outrageous wages year on year and bought success through the Romanov era and have clearly not been paying their dues, their support, players and officials all acting with minimal class and dignity in the process. Other SPL teams have tightened their belt and attempted to operate in a sustainable manner.

Romanov's promises and crazy spending have exploited the superiority complex among the hearts support and their identity as Edinburgh's "establishment" club and his medium-long term stewardship of the club has not been seriously questioned by the fans, some of whom seemed keen on building a statue to him not so long ago.

Since Jesus was two....... :D

Wtf you on about?

Hearts going under would be the same as Gretna going bust ?

Really ?

No Old Firm derby and no more Edinburgh derby.

I'm sure Sky would love paying for that.

Its not exactly great news. But what do you want a club who has cheated their way to success to be ok? Ah sure let them off:rolleyes:

Its not exactly great news. But what do you want a club who has cheated their way to success to be ok? Ah sure let them off:rolleyes:

Did I say that ?

By all means, punish them, but people thinking this too will have no significant effect on the SPL are deluded.

Did I say that ?

By all means, punish them, but people thinking this too will have no significant effect on the SPL are deluded.
    You have not exactly said that in so many words till now . Yes it will have impact, but not the huge impact that you may think. Clubs who have been operating in fair manor now just have to adjust little more. It might come at price in that standard will remain same or have drop for short period, but it's for the good of the game. Nobody wants to see clubs cheat their way to top.

You have not exactly said that in so many words till now . Yes it will have impact, but not the huge impact that you may think. Clubs who have been operating in fair manor now just have to adjust little more. It might come at price in that standard will remain same or have drop for short period, but it's for the good of the game. Nobody wants to see clubs cheat their way to top.

I think that's a very positive outlook on things.

However, clubs like St Mirren, ICT,...
    How far can they take this ? I seriously doubt they have much room to adjust any more.

I think that's a very positive outlook on things.

However, clubs like St Mirren, ICT,...
    How far can they take this ? I seriously doubt they have much room to adjust any more.
    I hear you. I know it is not so simple, but what Hearts have been doing for past decade is disgrace. Fans never questioned it either and now they just panic and expect sympathy. I would understand clubs breaking their books for seaon maybe even 2 . But Hearts went to different level. Other clubs may suffer but if Rangers get back up in few years then don't see too many clubs going under.

good point there, on one hand no edinburgh derby will be bad for the spl but as you say how long do you keep giving them second chances.

• Advertisement
Advertisement