Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hearts appeal to fans as club fears for future after tax bill

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Camac Hibs

I cant understand why people think Hearts problems are emblematic of scottish football as a whole, they have clearly not been paying attention in recent years. They tried to convince themselves they could be a "big club" by investing heavily and recklessly and not paying their bills and they are now paying the price. Other SPL teams have tried to live within their means and play by the rules (and thus not won 2 scottish cups, 2nd place finish, qualifying for europe every season, money spinning ties against premiership teams etc).

The Begbies Traynor survey would hardly be surprising even if rangers were still in the SPL, and we do not know how many of the five additional clubs that are experiencing financial distress this year are in division 1 and 2. One of them is certainly Dunfermiline, and I would imagine a few others in Division 1 who are pushing for promotion. I wouldnt be surprised if for the SPL it was hearts (whose plight has nothing to do with rangers) and perhaps one other club.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

Well the talk is Dunfermline are in Bother the St Mirren Chairman has already said his club is struggling and Motherwell are talking about going part time seemingly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭StephenHendry

Well the talk is Dunfermline are in Bother the St Mirren Chairman has already said his club is struggling and Motherwell are talking about going part time seemingly

exactly so many SPL clubs struggling financially. obviously hibs fans here arent' going to be too sorry but i remember back in 90/91 when hibs were in real trouble and needed a local businessman to sort themselves out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

exactly so many SPL clubs struggling financially. obviously hibs fans here arent' going to be too sorry but i remember back in 90/91 when hibs were in real trouble and needed a local businessman to sort themselves out
    Very true but the difference was we did not keep spending and we paid what we owed to the queen herself. Plus the fans reacted in a manner in which they should before it got out of hand. Hearts have done none of this. Hibs were extremely close to being history back then.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

SSN saying that Romanov will pay the bill.

No doubt another loan though.

Jelle1880 wrote: »

Good for them. I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Hearts going under would be the same as Gretna going bust ?

Really ?

No Old Firm derby and no more Edinburgh derby.

I'm sure Sky would love paying for that.

How many matches do Sky broadcast a season involving Hearts? Sky paid for a deal involving no Rangers in the SPL despite all the scaremongering that they'd run for the hills at anything other than a worst case scenario of Rangers parachuted into Division 1.

They were all struggling last season too and correct me if I'm wrong but at least one of those clubs were struggling longer than that.

Fact is, the business models employed by most of Scottish Football clubs is flawed. Many clubs are banking on future income they dont control and that needs to stop. Maybe its time the SPL forced them to stop that practice, its time for tigher financial controls because alot of 'businessmen' lose the run of themselves when involved with clubs.

Dempsey wrote: »
    How many matches do Sky broadcast a season involving Hearts? Sky paid for a deal involving no Rangers in the SPL despite all the scaremongering that they'd run for the hills at anything other than a worst case scenario of Rangers parachuted into Division 1.

They were all struggling last season too and correct me if I'm wrong but at least one of those clubs were struggling longer than that.

Fact is, the business models employed by most of Scottish Football clubs is flawed. Many clubs are banking on future income they dont control and that needs to stop. Maybe its time the SPL forced them to stop that practice, its time for tigher financial controls because alot of 'businessmen' lose the run of themselves when involved with clubs.

Did I say they weren't you must be confusing me with someone else. LOL the SPL are guilty of mismanaging there own funds so I don't think those bastions of sport should be tampering with anything until they get there own house in order. Whether you admit it or not more than one chairman has spoken of the downturn in finances since last season while the SFL clubs are delighted with the increased income since Rangers moved to the Third division.
    Simply put many clubs were struggling before we went and our going isn't helping. I will agree that to many have lived beyond their means for to long

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Is that, because his son holds a stake in the club?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Lars1916 wrote: »
    Is that, because his son holds a stake in the club?

Erm, or because he's Vladimir Romanov, majority shareholder of the club ? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Erm, or because he's Vladimir Romanov, majority shareholder of the club ? ;)

I know that, but let's say, the club goes down the drain, is there a possibility, that Vlad faces criminal charges, and that his son might take over his reigns?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭BhoscaCapall

Maybe they should appeal to Sevco, since Rangers owed them money and according to their fans they are the same club :rolleyes:

Maybe they should appeal to Sevco, since Rangers owed them money and according to their fans they are the same club :rolleyes:

Do you not get fed up being so daft as to us a name for Rangers that isn't relevant anymore.
    I can assure you not many bears would think that. It would be more Tic fans thinking Oh and as for Rangers owing them money they have been paid on the timescale that was agreed at the time of the transfers

Do you not get fed up being so daft as to us a name for Rangers that isn't relevant anymore.
    It is a good way of distinguishing the two clubs, as if I just said Rangers confusion could arise as to which incarnation I am talking about. It isn't insulting and nor is it intended to be.
    I can assure you not many bears would think that.
    Facts are facts, so it doesn't really matter what people opinions are in that regard, although what you say does seem in stark contrast to pretty much every 'bear' I've ever spoken to or whose views I have read, including your manager and owner.

It is a good way of distinguishing the two clubs, as if I just said Rangers confusion could arise as to which incarnation I am talking about. It isn't insulting and nor is it intended to be.

Facts are facts, so it doesn't really matter what people opinions are in that regard, although what you say does seem in stark contrast to pretty much every 'bear' I've ever spoken to or whose views I have read, including your manager and owner.

Oh it is insulting as both the club and the business are legally registered as Rangers but hey ho
    Really did you expect anyone at Ibrox to say anything else. I can assure you I have probably spoken to a lot more Bears than you in the last few days and while many of us feel some sympathy that its Hearts that are first in line now not many are overly concerned and certainly wouldn't be doing anything to help them. Lets face it Romanov certainly didn't care about us.

Oh and even Mr Jeffries had something to say on it
    But I’m not sure that the game at large can help Hearts at this time.

“There’ll be calls for the SPL or the SFA to do something to help a major institution but who stepped in to give Rangers any money when they were facing the darkest day in their history?

“What would their fans say if there was a move to bail out another club while Rangers are playing in the Third Division?

“That could be a dangerous precedent to set if there was a domino effect and more clubs were faced with the end. Where would it all end?

• Advertisement

Oh it is insulting as both the club and the business are legally registered as Rangers but hey ho
    Really did you expect anyone at Ibrox to say anything else. I can assure you I have probably spoken to a lot more Bears than you in the last few days and while many of us feel some sympathy that its Hearts that are first in line now not many are overly concerned and certainly wouldn't be doing anything to help them.
    I thought you meant most bears are saying they are different clubs.

As I said, it wasn't intended to offend or wind you up. Personally if I were in your position, I would be doing everything I could to distance myself from the disgraced history of Rangers FC and eager to start afresh.

As I said though, facts are facts, and it doesn't really matter if some of them wind you up.

I thought you meant most bears are saying they are different clubs.

As I said, it wasn't intended to offend or wind you up. Personally if I were in your position, I would be doing everything I could to distance myself from the disgraced history of Rangers FC and eager to start afresh.

As I said though, facts are facts, and it doesn't really matter if some of them wind you up.
    Well your you and I am me of course there are certain facets of our History I don't like but we move on and learn from them most luvs have things in their past that they would like to forget. As for Hearts and Rangers being the same club nonsense
    Facts are facts and thd fact is they'd is no such thing as Sevco

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

from the disgraced history of Rangers FC and eager to start afresh.

This is the line that get's me every time - it's utterly hilarious, and only ever seems to come from Celtic fans.

What disgraced history would that be now? That Murray took bad advice and let his ego bring our club to it's knees?
    That Whyte, and very probably the administrators, saw an opportunity to drain the club to the last and **** the fans over some more?
    Or are you hinting at something more sinister?

I support Rangers Football Club, not Rangers PLC or LTD, or whatever the company name is, or has been.
    I've never pledged my allegiance to chairmen or boards of directors.

My support is for those men on the pitch, and in the coaching staff - not the suits who are bleeding football fans dry the world over.

That club has a long and rich history, and so long as the fans are still there - that history, those memories cannot be taken away - for good, or for ill.
    We're not perfect, but show me a club that is.

Well your you and I am me of course there are certain facets of our History I don't like but we move on and learn from them m
    That's fair enough, but I am genuinely surprised at how ferociously many of your fans are clinging on to things like trophies won off of financial cheating. A lot of Rangers fans tried to play the sympathy card, blame Craig Whyte (some even had the sense to blame Murray) and claim that they had been betrayed. That's all well and good but you can't do that while desperately clinging onto that past. I think there would a lot more sympathy (even from Celtic fans) if the Rangers faithful had said 'we're sorry for what owners of our club did, we're sorry for cheating everyone for so many years and we're not happy about it either, we want to distance ourselves from that and take this chance of a fresh start'.

Anyway we are digressing from the point here. I wonder will the SFA/SPL desperately try and keep Hearts in the league this time. I wonder will they even put it to a vote.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Anyway we are digressing from the point here. I wonder will the SFA/SPL desperately try and keep Hearts in the league this time. I wonder will they even put it to a vote.

Wouldn't surprise me, they're a ****ing shambles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Oh the irony of you posting that!!!

Really did you expect anyone at Ibrox to say anything else. I can assure you I have probably spoken to a lot more Bears than you in the last few days and while many of us feel some sympathy that its Hearts that are first in line now not many are overly concerned and certainly wouldn't be doing anything to help them. Lets face it Romanov certainly didn't care about us.

Oh and even Mr Jeffries had something to say on it

To refer to your clubs history is insulting?

To refer to your clubs history is insulting?

No to use a name that isno longer valid

No to use a name that isno longer valid

You can call Celtic by its previous names, it wont insult anyone. There is validity to using it, it easy to distinguish to all thats happened under Charles Green as opposed to what went on before. Also, Rangers still exists so you have to bear that in mind as they EBT case isnt finished, not by a long shot.

You can call Celtic by its previous names, it wont insult anyone. There is validity to using it, it easy to distinguish to all thats happened under Charles Green as opposed to what went on before. Also, Rangers still exists so you have to bear that in mind as they EBT case isnt finished, not by a long shot.
    There is no validity in using it the EBT case has nothing to to with the name I don't know why you think it has the name is accepted by all what name do you think we pay our tax bills under
    Anyway you this is s thread about Hearts not Rangers

If I used 'Rangers' to refer to both the clubs founded in 1872 and 2012 then wouldn't it be confusing as to which I was speaking of? For example I do not think the new club is guilty of the same amount of cheating as the old club. I would not say "Sevco are a crowd of cheats" because that is simply unfair on the new club who are trying their hardest to play honest football, and learning how difficult that can be. Rather than having to constantly specify "1872-2012" or "2012-current", it's far easier to just use the original name of the new club. If people choose to be annoyed by that then that's their own business, I'm not a PA announcer at Falkirk so I've no real concerns about losing my job because a few Sevconians throw throw their toys our the pram.

Camac Hibs wrote: »
    ....exploited the superiority complex among the hearts support....

What are you on about? We spend most of our time bemoaning our lack of money, players and status by reference to Glasgow's Terrible Twins. The only time we might ever have a "superiority" complex is when we recall our record in derby games.

Wtf you on about?

It's a reference to the last time Hibs won the Scottish Cup. We were singing it on the 19th of May. Of course, you might have missed it if you'd left by the time we started singing it in the 50th minute. ;)

If I used 'Rangers' to refer to both the clubs founded in 1872 and 2012 then wouldn't it be confusing as to which I was speaking of? For example I do not think the new club is guilty of the same amount of cheating as the old club. I would not say "Sevco are a crowd of cheats" because that is simply unfair on the new club who are trying their hardest to play honest football, and learning how difficult that can be. Rather than having to constantly specify "1872-2012" or "2012-current", it's far easier to just use the original name of the new club. If people choose to be annoyed by that then that's their own business, I'm not a PA announcer at Falkirk so I've no real concerns about losing my job because a few Sevconians throw throw their toys our the pram.

Aye whatever this is a thread about Hearts
    Enjoy yourself when Asda are playing at Tynecastle

It's a reference to the last time Hibs won the Scottish Cup. We were singing it on the 19th of May. Of course, you might have missed it if you'd left by the time we started singing it in the 50th minute. ;)

Stayed for whole game myself. :p

• Advertisement

Jesus can we have one thread that does not go down the Celtic v Rangers are they new club are they not waffle waffle waffle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Camac Hibs

Cant say I heard much of the hearts fans singing that day such was the collective psychological meltdown in our end, dont think i have ever seen such anger.

Camac Hibs wrote: »
    Cant say I heard much of the hearts fans singing that day such was the collective psychological meltdown in our end, dont think i have ever seen such anger.

They might have paid for the Ref that day too;)

Jesus can we have one thread that does not go down the Celtic v Rangers are they new club are they not waffle waffle waffle.

some rangers fans think hearts problems are all because of what happened them! they get excited by the idea of spl clubs in financial trouble because of what happened them and want to revel in the moment!

some rangers fans think hearts problems are all because of what happened them! they get excited by the idea of spl clubs in financial trouble because of what happened them and want to revel in the moment![/QUOTE

I think you will find it was tic fans including yourself that brought Rangers into this discussion but hey carry on with your wee fanatasy

some rangers fans think hearts problems are all because of what happened them! they get excited by the idea of spl clubs in financial trouble because of what happened them and want to revel in the moment![/QUOTE

I think you will find it was tic fans including yourself that brought Rangers into this discussion but hey carry on with your wee fanatasy

what i said in the op is the excuse for the tripe ye then posted?! pathetic really!

what i said in the op is the excuse for the tripe ye then posted?! pathetic really!

Tripe what are you going on about you are once again bringing Rangers into a thread that has nothing to do with them you really are one sad person

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheBuilder

This thread is exactly the reason I rarely post on here now, Dempsey can't resist to take the high ground over these 'mismanaged clubs', and show how bitter he is with bis arrogant posts. A few other Celtic 'fans' appear from nowhere to turn the thread on to Rangers with their Sevco bull****, then Rangers fans get the flak for having the cheek to defend our club.

Utterly pathetic that a thread about Hearts has turned into mocking Rangers, and it's even more pathetic that you continually get away with it when it wouldn't be allowed in other threads, ****ing obsessed is an understatement.

Tripe what are you going on about you are once again bringing Rangers into a thread that has nothing to do with them you really are one sad person

All I said is another grossly mismanaged club, a criticism of the type of owners that have associated themselves with Scottish football. Something I have been vocal about in the past. Everything seems to be a sore point with ye. Not my fault you chose to get offended :rolleyes:
    TheBuilder wrote: »
    This thread is exactly the reason I rarely post on here now, Dempsey can't resist to take the high ground over these 'mismanaged clubs', and show how bitter he is with bis arrogant posts. A few other Celtic 'fans' appear from nowhere to turn the thread on to Rangers with their Sevco bull****, then Rangers fans get the flak for having the cheek to defend our club.

Utterly pathetic that a thread about Hearts has turned into mocking Rangers, and it's even more pathetic that you continually get away with it when it wouldn't be allowed in other threads, ****ing obsessed is an understatement.

And here comes the family...

This thread descended into farce when Jelle made the ridiculous claim that Hearts current tax case is directly related to Rangers not being in the SPL. He beat that drum for a while but only after when asked for some evidence to support it he shut up. The usual shíte that happens in the Rangers thread!

You going to blame me for other people's posts aswell? What did I do wrong? If you have a problem with my posts, go report them like you normally do and stop bleating about it.

• Advertisement

All I said is another grossly mismanaged club, a criticism of the type of owners that have associated themselves with Scottish football. Something I have been vocal about in the past. Everything seems to be a sore point with ye. Not my fault you chose to get offended :rolleyes:

And here comes the family...

This thread descended into farce when Jelle made the ridiculous claim that Hearts current tax case is directly related to Rangers not being in the SPL. He beat that drum for a while but only after when asked for some evidence to support it he shut up. The usual shíte that happens in the Rangers thread!

You going to blame me for other people's posts aswell? What did I do wrong? If you have a problem with my posts, go report them like you normally do and stop bleating about it.[/Quote

Really it's not if you care to look you will see snide wee digs from yourself but hey that's ok so we can expect this nonsense to carry over into every thread about any club in bother Rangers are dealing with there's so why not enjoy your own clubs good form or is that to much for your bitter bigoted mind to take I.
    Wait a minute Jelle said something you gave him your answer then proceeded to make constant attacks in a Hearts thread about Rangers
    Oh and while we are at what has my family got to do with it it so happens he is in Glasgow so it's not as though I have been discussing it with him also in case you hadn'tnoticed this is an open forum anyone is allowed to post or do we have to get your permission

Really it's not if you care to look you will see snide wee digs from yourself but hey that's ok so we can expect this nonsense to carry over into every thread about any club in bother Rangers are dealing with there's so why not enjoy your own clubs good form or is that to much for your bitter bigoted mind to take I.
    Wait a minute Jelle said something you gave him your answer then proceeded to make constant attacks in a Hearts thread about Rangers
    Oh and while we are at what has my family got to do with it it so happens he is in Glasgow so it's not as though I have been discussing it with him also in case you hadn'tnoticed this is an open forum anyone is allowed to post or do we have to get your permission

So its ok to talk about Gretna going to the wall but not Rangers when another Scottish club is heading for administration/failure? I'll talk about Rangers/Gretna if I see fit when the issue of administration/liquidation/financial mismanagement relating to Scottish clubs arises. Boo hoo if you dont like it.

Constant attacks? Do quote me please because you are talking out your hat there.

I find it gas that I cant have a discussion with one of ye without they other jumping in to back up the other, throw insults at me and thank each others posts for the night.

Anyways, your "they started it" post is a crock of shíte.

So its ok to talk about Gretna going to the wall but not Rangers when another Scottish club is heading for administration/failure? I'll talk about Rangers/Gretna if I see fit when the issue of administration/liquidation/financial mismanagement relating to Scottish clubs arises. Boo hoo if you dont like it.

Constant attacks? Do quote me please because you are talking out your hat there.

I find it gas that I cant have a discussion with one of ye without they other jumping in to back up the other, throw insults at me and thank each others posts for the night.

Anyways, your "they started it" post is a crock of shíte.

Not worth it

Seriously.....

....could you Rantic heads ever just go away and get a room?

This is a thread to talk about my club's meltdown. Given the circumstances, I can even put up with the Hibs guys extracting the urine - but for once could you lot just talk about each other somewhere else?

p16a.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,318 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Seriously.....

This is a thread to talk about my club's meltdown

And started by a Celtic fan, do you think you have it within yourself to allow him to post on his own thread?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Seriously.....

Get a grip ffs :mad: ............

............it's definitely not Rantic, it's either Sevtic or Zomtic these days!! :D

• Advertisement

And started by a Celtic fan, do you think you have it within yourself to allow him to post on his own thread?

Sure. Just as long as he keeps to the topic. I'm well aware that for ra Sellik fans, the second most important subject in the world is Rainjurs, but if he wants to talk about them surely all he has to do is start a thread about them. ;)

Are Hearts gone yet? no?

Ah Balls!!:p

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20315889
    A consortium of Hearts fans has had "constructive dialogue" with a view to buying Vladimir Romanov's shares in the Tynecastle club.

The group, calling themselves the Foundation of Hearts, has not made a formal bid but hopes to provide a vehicle for fans' ownership.

Romanov will want his money back though, suspect that will be a serious deal breaker!

EDIT

Bid rejected

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20318100

Hearts strike deal to extend deadline for unpaid tax bill

Hearts get to limp on for a while

Advertisement