Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Tests '12

Options
  • 07-11-2012 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭

So they've come around quick, but I've just received my timetable for them. There fairly well spaced out. I've maths on a Saturday which I did'nt really mind until I found out I had a really important gig with my band on the Friday night in Kildare.:(

I'm the singer and guitarist and the organiser is my drummers mam. Basically she set the thing up for charity and if it all goes well she gets a promotion within her company. I told her a year ago that I was free for this, and we've been practising for the last few weeks every weekend.:eek:

So my question is have any of you found getting tests reassigned to be easy, hard, impossible?How would you recommend doing it?

Ill be playing the gig, it just means ill be getting a bus up to UL at 6 in the morning and i'll have to walk the 4 miles to the station:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Honestly, I would see an exam as more of a big deal than a gig, especially if you don't want to end up repeating.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I'd imagine you're VERY unlikely to have any chance of getting an exam moved because of something like a gig.

SAA will only move exams if there's a good few people with legitimate reasons (prior non-academic commitments not a valid reason AFAIK) to miss it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

You do know that there is others in that class right. Exams will only be changed if they is a major problem

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

You can do that exam at another date, you just need permission from the teachers. I know people decided to bunk the tests last year, Links and English mainly, and they were told that they would still have to do it another day. You could get your ma's permission and give it to your year head or class tutor which ever has control over you in school.

MY APOLOGIES, I THOUGHT I WAS IN THE LEAVING CERT FORUM. WRONG POST :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Thats not a valid reason to get an exam changed. To be honest its hard to get them changed at all but a valid reason would be having lots of exams close together or a situation where 2 are on the same day or something

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭FionnK86

The organizer switched the date, thanks for your replies helpful in case it happens to anyone else:D

You're lucky, that doesn't usually happen unless a class rep brings it up after students complain. Best of luck with your gig though!

Some bastards have all the luck don't they...

:(

Cydoniac wrote: »
    You're lucky, that doesn't usually happen unless a class rep brings it up after students complain. Best of luck with your gig though!

No, it was the gig organizer changed it. Thanks though, good luck with exams:)

FionnK86 wrote: »

Ah, I retract my "bastard" slur then! :) :P

• Advertisement

FionnK86 wrote: »
    Ohh right! Well regardless, best of luck :)

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Ah, I retract my "bastard" slur then! :) :P

Ouch, felt that one...:)

Advertisement