Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New AGP graphics card for Win 8 - recommendations

Options
  • 07-11-2012 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I've resurrected my old Shuttle XPC (AMD Socket 939, nForce 3, AGP) to put Windows 8 on. The machine currently has an ATI 9600pro AGP graphics card.

I'm unable to get drivers for the card to work correctly (have followed a number of forum guides etc.), and when I finally manage to get the driver installed, it displays an error 43 condition - probably the old dual core nforce 3 ATI issue.

So I'm thinking of picking up a low end NVidia card that hopefully works on Windows 8, no gaming, just need resolution beyond 1280x1024, must be AGP and single slot, preferably fanless. Would also consider an old PCI card if I could get the required resolution.

Any suggestions appreciated?

Thanks,

D.

Advertisement