Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bar to watch match

Options
  • 07-11-2012 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I am heading down to Cork City Friday and Sat and would like to know a good bar to watch the Rugby match in. Also and goods bars for heading out, we like a bit of live music also resturants we like most types of food. Thanks in advance ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

One good bar for all 3 is Sober Lane. I think they turn the commentary up WAY too loud, but it shows the match, has some of the best pub grub in the city and is a good place to head out.

Preachers is another great bar for watching matches and heading out in.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Pablo Escobar

For sport I really like 'The Woolshed'. 15 screens, a stand and all the sport you want. Food is great too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Sober Lane as said is good for Rugby, great food and great promotions in there too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Big fan of Sober Lane, but not for a match, especially rugby matches. The place will be absolutely wedged. Woolshed or Soho would be better options. Leave then after and go to Sober Lane!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,025 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Bierhaus always show rugby matches, have great beer and the Bierhalle next door is good for a good value eat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Look no further than the Woolshed on Sheares St.

There is also the Thomond Bar in town but i'd pick the Woolshed ahead of it.

Advertisement