Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"End of The World Party" - How to plan one??

Options
  • 07-11-2012 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi, just looking for some ideas on how to throw an end of the world party! Mine and a friends birthday falls on the 22nd Dec so we were thinking of having our party the day before and in theme with the Mayans 2012 doomsday prediction :P

Cant find much online thats given me real inspiration so if anybody has any fun ideas I'd love to hear them!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭TheRealSquishy

gnm_ wrote: »
    Hi, just looking for some ideas on how to throw an end of the world party! Mine and a friends birthday falls on the 22nd Dec so we were thinking of having our party the day before and in theme with the Mayans 2012 doomsday prediction :P

Cant find much online thats given me real inspiration so if anybody has any fun ideas I'd love to hear them!

My 21st is the 21st of December and I was thinking of doing that too. Just afraid that the world will actually end and I'll only get half a party so I might scrap the idea and have it the week before just in case. :P I was just gonna put loads of different clocks and calenders everywhere but that seemed a bit crap. It's a great idea but it's tough to actually materialise.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 gnm_

Yeah I had the clock idea myself aswell as have someone at the door in a "The End Is Nigh" sandwich board handing out little flashlights and toy guns etc, little survival packs :P
    Is there a certain time the world is supposed to end or anything to maybe have a countdown? Was thinking of making drinking games for throughout the night aswell, any ideas on that?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Are you using:
    ~ the Mayan theme since the end of the world is based off the Mayan Calendar coming to an end;
    ~ a Heaven / Hell theme;
    ~ Death theme using Halloween fittings;

Once you have a theme decided on, the remainder eg: costume, food, music, party favours etc could be easier to organise then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭TheRealSquishy

Watch 'The Day After Tomorrow' and '2012' and all those kinda movies, get inspiration. The pack thing is a cool idea! You could decorate the place like a bomb shelter or something too. Awh the more I think about it the more I wanna do it but I think I'm just a bit girly for it, if it wasn't my 21st I definitely would. I'd say ye will have a cracker of a night! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4 gnm_

@Kerry4Sam I was gonna go for the Mayans and make it have a bit of a mexican feel but I think the Heaven and Hell theme could be easier and more fun to put together, thinking of having a "Bowl Of Consequence" which'll have scraps of paper with end of the world situations in it, which you resolve using good or bad, and get a halo or devil horns to wear for the night depending on which you get, does that make sense/sound any good?

@TheRealSquishy Deffinatley need to brush up those movies and steal some ideas :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

@Kerry4Sam I was gonna go for the Mayans and make it have a bit of a mexican feel but I think the Heaven and Hell theme could be easier and more fun to put together, thinking of having a "Bowl Of Consequence" which'll have scraps of paper with end of the world situations in it, which you resolve using good or bad, and get a halo or devil horns to wear for the night depending on which you get, does that make sense/sound any good?

Heaven/Hell or re-name to Saints and Sinners perhaps?

More options with this I'd say. Your suggestions here are perfect along with Off-hand:

~ Angels vs. Devils, White vs. Red, Cool vs. Hot, Soft vs. Hard, Sugary vs. Spicy, Sweet vs. Sinister

~ Spin bottle with one end white for Heaven and the other red for Hell: Whomever the Heaven end points to must tell or do something which is good. The person opposite, at the Hell end of the bottle, must admit or do something bad.

~ Are you able to divide your premises for the Red and White?

~ Costumes would be handy to put together, not expensive for people either

~ How are you set for food options?

~ Be mindful of those at non-drinking age / non-drinkers at ell even when preparing punches etc ;) (Can ruin a good night!)

• Registered Users Posts: 24 first rate

Just wear helmets because the end of the world might cause slates to fall of roofs.

Advertisement