Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Venus Labs

Options
  • 07-11-2012 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

With the business end of the semester coming up, there will be regular late nights inside the college studying. And especially for all of study week and exam week.
    I never used the library for study, always too busy and the fact that venus labs are now closed at half 6 is just ridiculous, It's gonna put more pressure on the library to accommodate everyone. I honestly am fuming over whoevers decision it was to cut back the closing time from half 10 to half 6! Is there anyway they could be extended back to half 10 even just from week 11 onwards??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Just wondering what wrong with your room?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭scruffystack

I rather doing my work inside UL. Find it a lot easier to concentrate in there.

I wonder what was the reason for changing the closing times?
    I'm sure there are others who would like to have the lab open till half 10 on study week like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

One problem with late night/24 hour rooms also is that it attracts a lot of people who don't bother and leave it until the last minute or convince themselves they're doing hard work while idling around on Facebook and Twitter. Still though, half 6 is a bit silly, surely they should have the rooms open until at least 8/9?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I wonder what was the reason for changing the closing times?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

wnolan1992 wrote: »

Not a good excuse. Security are on campus anyway.

The post grad PC lab in A1, 2 floors up, is open 24 hours.

• Advertisement

YFlyer wrote: »
    Not a good excuse. Security are on campus anyway.

The post grad PC lab in A1, 2 floors up, is open 24 hours.

I didn't say it was a good excuse, it's just the most likely answer you'd get.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Yes I know that.

YFlyer wrote: »
    Yes I know that.

Just making sure. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12 Neadie Hanafin

Hi, Can anyone give me directions to the Venus labs?

Hi, Can anyone give me directions to the Venus labs?

Through the main doors of the Main Building (Ski Slopes), up the stairs on your right, go straight through the doors out to the courtyard area and the labs are directly in front of you on the other side.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

Took me about 3 weeks to find the bastards in first year...
    Ended up following people :P

Advertisement