Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

0.1% return after 10 years

Options
  • 07-11-2012 7:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭

I have a small pension fund from a previous employment.

I discovered today that it has remained absolutely flat over 10 years and my return to date is basically 100 quid. :mad:

The fund has been invested in:
    ILIM Secure Performance (Net) GEN and
    Setanta/Canada Life Pension Equity 1 (PEQU1)

Can't shake the feeling that I have been screwed by the fund administrator. Have I been ripped off?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭StillWaters

You're lucky, many pension funds have lost substantial amounts over the past 10 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

As Stillwaters said.

Mine is only now reaching its 2007 levels (pension started in 2004). My pension was pretty much wiped out by early 2009. Fortunately, I'm young, which was also the reason I had my money invested in the riskiest funds available, so have plenty of time to make it back (and am beginning to now).

Advertisement