Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fixed charge offence - no notice yet

Options
  • 07-11-2012 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

More than a month ago a garda stopped me in Dublin city center and told me he would issue 80 euro charge and 2 penalty points. I gave my current address because there was an old address in in my licence

I did not received the letter the garda mentioned after 2 weeks so I called the fixed charge offence office but they told me they did not see any ticket for my car's registration number. I called again today, but still nothing.

What should I do? Who should I contact? I would be happy not to pay the 80 euro, but I don't want any trouble latter, so I want to finish this business.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Do nothing. I got pulled over three years ago and have never recieved a notice; rang Garda HQ and was told to count myself lucky and to say nothing! Never heard any more about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

As above, you've called to sort it and were told you were grand. You got lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 freema

More than 6 months on, did you ever receive the fixed charge notice?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭skibum

Looks like CommShepard hasn't been on boards.ie since last november

"Last Activity: 30-11-2012 21:23"

• Registered Users Posts: 36 CommShepard

freema: No, I haven't received a thing.
    I'm happy I got away with it, but on the other hand I am not happy that the Garda does a sloppy job. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Wheres My ForkandKnife

freema: No, I haven't received a thing.
    I'm happy I got away with it, but on the other hand I am not happy that the Garda does a sloppy job. :(

You can't be serious. The guard let you off and you still not happy:eek:. Only in Ireland!

You can't be serious. The guard let you off and you still not happy:eek:. Only in Ireland!

No, that's not the case. He took my details, explained to me I would get the fine in the post, bla-bla. Then he either made a mistake with my details when entering them into their system or forgot all about it. None of them paints a good picture of the Garda.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,838 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

No, that's not the case. He took my details, explained to me I would get the fine in the post, bla-bla. Then he either made a mistake with my details when entering them into their system or forgot all about it. None of them paints a good picture of the Garda.

I can see your point but I guess it depends on context - what was the alleged offence for?

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    I can see your point but I guess it depends on context - what was the alleged offence for?

I did not stop when the traffic light changed to red.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Wheres My ForkandKnife

Then I suggest you get on to the garda onbubsman and complain that yoyu havn't been done. I'm sure they need a laugh in there.

For all yo know the guard processed the fine and there was a ba**s up afterwards.

Why you don't just count yourself lucky. I will never understand this attitude tbh. Insist on the points and the penalty.

Let us know how this proceeds please

• Advertisement
Advertisement