Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jake Bugg

Options
  • 07-11-2012 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭

Have his album ordered and really like his two singles. What does everyone else think of him

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭dasdog

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Excellent album.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭thesultan

Still waiting for it to arrive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Just listened to the album.

Its EXCELLENT.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭thesultan

IT's decent alright

• Advertisement

I heard some other tunes that aren't on the album and they are equally as good. Always a good sign.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Joekers

Saganist wrote: »
    I heard some other tunes that aren't on the album and they are equally as good. Always a good sign.. :)

Yes its crazy that some of the songs that are not on the album but are on youtube

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

A class act. Saw him live at Belsonic in August, was highly impressed. The album will be under my Christmas tree quite soon ;)

• Subscribers Posts: 41,662 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

its a great album, have to admit that "lightning bolt" gets tiresome very early but the rest is really good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

You can hear a host of different influences in his songs, Beatles Oasis even Cash.

Promising young talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭madness98

He definitely has older influences which is good because he sounds different from most music made in this day and age. Really like him, but then again I'd rather have older style music.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 digitalfunk

Great musician. His voice hasn't grown on me enough though....yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭WakeUp

my gf is from Nottingham I didnt even know about this dude her mates and she did so went him to see him a few weeks ago at the Academy really quality gig for such a young chap he has talent was a brilliant gig. They only had one bar open on the night my only compaint:D they must have thought his fan base were gonna be young and it was the complete opposite really great crowd and great gig when he comes over next I recommend going to see him think he is destined for big things a fantastic guitarist and singer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Did anyone here go to the gig in the Olympia? Sickened I missed it.

Have listened to a few tracks of his new album "A song about love" is without doubt my favourite. Can't wait for the new album.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,662 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

He played that, i found it incredibly powerful.... even better than "broken" because the crows beside me couldnt sing along :)

The gig was amazing, hes a great performer, such a emotive vocalist and great guitarist.
    To have such a mix of blues, blue grass, country, folk, rock, and psychedelica in one gig is great too, and have it seem so seemless as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Thoughts on the new album? Really enjoying it, think it's better than the 1st

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Shane St. wrote: »

Don't know if it's better than the first but it's definitely up there.

It's my album of the year, absolutely fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Shane St. wrote: »

Same thoughts here.

Advertisement