Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jewellery heist in London shopping centre on motorbikes.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

One question here.....

Where the fcuk where or are the shopping centre security staff in all of this????

You dont just ride 3 motorbikes into a shopping centre un-noticed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

It would have been a perfect end if one of then locked up and crashed on the smooth shopping center floor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

When i seen it in hte paper earlier the first thing I thought was, man I'd love to ride me bike around a shopping centre.

Paddy, the lads had pick axes and bats, the security guards arent thick to try stand up to people wearing protective clothing and weapons.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Seanbass

pretty sure the white one is a Daytona

When i seen it in hte paper earlier the first thing I thought was, man I'd love to ride me bike around a shopping centre.

Paddy, the lads had pick axes and bats, the security guards arent thick to try stand up to people wearing protective clothing and weapons.

So several shopping centre security guard staff couldnt closeline one or 2 of them off the bike/bikes??

Or close down the electric shutters/doors at the entrance to hinder/prevent escape??

Yep,they are only there to grab hold of little hoodie kids,but when anything actually serious happens,they run and hide.:(:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

That shopping centre badly needs Paul Blart.;):D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dzu0Y3x12xI

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,307 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Scumbags, throw something in front of them is the only way to stop them. On a shiny floor a bucket of water would probably do the job.

Theres a "Brucie Bonus" for the 1st person to name all 3 makes and models of bike in the CCTV footage.:D

Have a look at what you can win at 3 minutes 32 seconds.;):pac::D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ovWHK65E9M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Well, I for one am absolutely delighted to see that they have the common sense to wear........

A.T.G.A.T.T

:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭Wossack

white is a daytona 675 alright
    think the red is a yam xt660
    and the other... Im not 100% about, but I reckon a street/speed triple with a lowboy exhaust

/edit nah, red aint a yam - tis a ktm of some description. I'd say its orange, just bad video

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

paddy147 wrote: »
    Yep,they are only there to grab hold of little hoodie kids,but when anything actually serious happens,they run and hide.:(:rolleyes:

Yeah thats about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

Security need to keep a closer watch, did anyone ring the police....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,411 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Wossack wrote: »
    white is a daytona 675 alright
    think the red is a yam xt660
    and the other... Im not 100% about, but I reckon a street/speed triple with a lowboy exhaust

All stolen, no doubt :mad:
    it's not just the store owners who are the losers here.

Scrap the cap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

That looks like a security guard at the start backing away/running away :)?
    And then some guy at the end picks up something the guys on the bikes dropped :).

You think they'd called around and try put the shutters part way down to slow them down till the cops turned up.

I'd say a cleaner could have stopped this by spilling a mop bucket but why would they, easy in hindsight to say anything, not expecting it, they were probably still shocked after it ended!

Unfort, what was being swung and what was dropped looks like a hatchet... wouldn't begrudge any security guard backing up from that. The jewellery is insured, yer mans limbs ain't..!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

Security staff are told not to interfer, just make sure any customers are out of harms way

These break ins have been going on for the last 15 years, one bunch of idiots arrested had been recruited from the West Country for the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,307 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

ninja900 wrote: »
    All stolen, no doubt :mad:
    it's not just the store owners who are the losers here.
    Exactly, when your bike is robbed this is the type of crap that happens to it. :mad:
    Probably burned out somewhere, or given to some local scumbag to play around with till it's dead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Ayrtonf7

Jesus...

The CCTV footage is crazy...

with regards to them closing the centres shutters and locking the bikes in. That could quickly escalate the robbery into some sort of hostage situation. Look at the amount of shoppers just running around. Im suprised the police didnt appear though,two minutes is a long time to spend in the shopping centre with 3 bikes...

Speaking of bikes, they look nice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

I know its bad but it looks class.

Love to try driving a bike around there

Top Gear did it with cars.

Clarkson was testing the new Ford Fiesta for a person who wrote in and asked him to test a cheap car.

Looks like epic fun indeed.:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7e7R3y-qwZ0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

This has to be seen to be believed.

You way oversold it

So several shopping centre security guard staff couldnt closeline one or 2 of them off the bike/bikes??
    Presumably they don't want to have broken arms :rolleyes:

vektarman wrote: »
    Security need to keep a closer watch, did anyone ring the police....

Bolding your puns......jeesh have some confidence.......

Overselling it??

Eh NO.

I posted the video footage and the actual news story aswell.

Because just reading it would be kind of hard to believe and understand as to what happened and how it happened.

Hense me saying........."This has to be seen to be believed"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Overselling it??

Eh NO.

Because just reading it would be kind of hard to believe and understand as to what happened and how it happened.

Sure dont bother explaining yourself man. Opinion guy is clearly just being a c*nt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,411 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Opinion guy expresses opinion shocker :pac:

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

goodlad wrote: »

Sure dont bother explaining yourself man. Opinion guy is clearly just being .

Please stop with the personnel abuse.

All I did was post the thread with the news story and video footage.
    This doesnt happen every day,and its especially very rare and unique to see it happen with motorbikes in a shopping center.
    Also not everyone would have been aware of this story or seen it on Sky News or BBC News.
    So I simply posted it here for everyone and anyone to have a read and look at the footage.

Also the video footage would show and explain things a little better and clearer,than just reading it from a newspaper (newspapers are known to get things wrong).

So hense me saying....."This has to be seen to be believed"

It seems that some people seem to have an issue with me posting this.
    Why I dont know.:confused:
    Like I said,a video gives a clearer picture and visualisation to the mind than just reading it from a newspaper.

Thanks to all for looking at the thread and watching the video footage.

Regards.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Overselling it??

Eh NO.

Honestly - I just didn't find the footage nearly as dramatic as you led me to believe it would be. The quality is rubbish and the camera angle from someones phone means you can barely make out what is going on. I've no doubt it was dramatic if you were there, but the footage did nothing for me

• Advertisement

Security did the right thing.. They're more responsible for the customers than the goods.

Advertisement