Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI - Account Balance problems

Options
  • 07-11-2012 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭

Is this happening to anyone else?

I have noticed fluctuations in my BOI account balance in recent weeks, in the past two/three weeks really. I use my visa debit card a lot, salary is paid directly into account.
    I know that with Laser money was taken from the account immediately and that was fine, I could check online and see what my balance was but for instance last weekend I checked my account on Friday and was surprised to find that I had the princely sum of 55€ - ok fine, surprised at so little, but whatever, however on Saturday afternoon on banking 365 I saw that there was now €90 there, I withdrew this.

On Tuesday there was a deposit of €150 and I withdrew some of this but later that quickly disappeared, a purchase from the 25th of October was paid out on Tuesday 6th of November (yesterday) which swallowed up the remaining money. €5 balance yesterday evening - no withdrawals, however, today I am 38€ overdrawn.

I want payments to show immediately when I use my visa debit, like a lot of people I watch my pennies but I might have to start using cash only if it's the only way to keep a closer eye on my money.

I know that some balances don't show up straight away but this is making me nervous and I'm checking 365 every morning now before I do any shopping.

This rarely happened with Laser.

Advertisement