Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic v Barcelona match thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

That ref is bottling every foul made by a barca player:(

Blew it up early to make up for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Incredible stuff.

I have to say I thought they would get beat heavily in this game. Fantastic result.

If it had been the only leg of my accumulator to let me down I wouldn't be happy but I'm delighted :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭kitakyushu

Congrats Celtic.

As a neutral I have to say they were two of the best games I've seen this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

what a result!

it will never be forgotten!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭ironingbored

Thoroughly deserved, for all their possession Barca have done **** all with it.

Except hit the post twice and forced Forster into a couple of magnificent saves.

Take nothing away from Celtic but Barca are playing with a patched up defence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Fair play Celtic fair ****in play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Brilliant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

Unbelievable win for Celtic...who would have thought they could beat barca after they failed to beat Kilmarnock and Dundee United in SPL

• Site Banned Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Ares

There were a lot of droolers running their mouths off during the previous Barcelona vs Celtic thread.

I would love this just to see Lennon's press conference alone. Magical.

I just hope Barca play to 30% of their ability, that ought to be enough for a 10-0 rout anyway.
    Neil1984's contribution.
    Double figures would be magic
    Xavi6 with another great comment. the man who spent the night 'bantering' with some of the Celtic fans that night.
    Hoping for something embarassing, somewhere around the 7 or 8 mark would be lovely.
    Maximoose's wondeful contribution.

There are plenty more, but particularly the above should hang their heads in shame.

Brilliant night for Celtic. Stunning stuff. I'd love if Eirebhoy was alive to see this tonight. Fúck me but he'd be fairly fúcking proud. Great, great result. 125 proud years for this club all encapsulated tonight in one of their finest victories ever. What a night to be a football fan! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

As much as I like Barca, and how indifferent I am towards Celtic, that was very enjoyable. Delighted for them.

Except hit the post twice and forced Forster into a couple of magnificent saves.

Take nothing away from Celtic but Barca are playing with a patched up defence.

and how many injuries have celtic?? Celtic had no one on the bench with Champions league experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

is rte 2 fvcking up for anybody else?

Stuttering like mad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭allybhoy

In fairness think we well deserved that after the 1st game. Barca never showed up but we never gave them an inch either. Delighted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I don't support or even care about Celtic but games like this are why I love football. Unbelievable scenes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

That was a great game. Celtic have been brilliant in the two games against them and thoroughly deserved to come out of them with three points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

Fairytale stuff! Delighted for them :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

Good night for British football...well done Celtic

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

It will be a great week for Glasgow if Rangers can beat Peterhead on Saturday;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Have to say that was fantastic stuff. Well done.

• Advertisement

Well done Celtic, fantastic stuff.

Haven't enjoyed a CL match like that in years. What an atmosphere too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,676 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Well done to Celtic, excellent display from them against Barca in both games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Barcelona play the most attractive brand off football I've ever seen but any team relying on Javier Mascherano at centre back is always going to be vunerable. Why they don't just sign two decent defenders is beyond me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,591 ✭✭✭patmac

Great win, delighted for Lennon after all the abuse he has got in the last few years, Rangers must be suffering as they await the visit of Peterhead this weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Fair play to Celtic, superb win and fully deserved from what I saw of the game. Defended superbly and took their chances, you can't ask for more than that.
    Ares wrote: »
    There are plenty more, but particularly the above should hang their heads in shame.

Lol, no head hanging here. Just enjoy your win and the praise you're getting for what it is. It's awful small time to go Norwegian commentator on it :)

EDIT: You're sending us PMs as well? Ah here... :o

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Watchiing this in hospital with my boy. Kept quiet for the first but could not for Watts goal. Ive just seen the best Celtic performance of my lifetime I reckon. So proud of that team and manager. Immense is an understatement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

The Celtic supporters in the stadium tonight can be very proud of themselves.

Absolutely magical atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

born2bwild wrote: »
    Good night for British football...well done Celtic

They won't like that one :pac:

Brilliant result for them though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

amazing result and performance, wanyama is a colossus in there, ledley also very good, centre-backs excellent again, matthews and lustig very solid and forster proving he is a top keeper again

finest result achieved by any team in england or scotland this year by a distance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

That was just terrific, what a brilliant win :)

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭To Alcohol

Well done Celtic. A fantastic result and a lesson to us all of what can be achieved through hard work and commitment.

You can count on one hand the amount of clubs in world football that are capable of achieving such a result. Celtic.....One of the truly great clubs of world football. All they need now is the long term platform for them to truly fulfill their potential.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Well done Celtic! some result

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Ares wrote: »
    There were a lot of droolers running their mouths off during the previous Barcelona vs Celtic thread.

Get a grip man, why would they hang their heads in shame :o

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Watt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

Jaysus, the RTE lads look like they have realised that there are other teams in the CL than Man Utd. Hopefully someone will tell them its Forster who plays in goal for Celtic, not Foster who plays in goal for West Brom :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Fantastic to see a team with such heart get such a win.

Another case of Good prevailing over Evil.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭ohyesthefinest

Xavi, wearing a number 6 having a 'lapse in concentration' for the crucial goal. Brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

patmac wrote: »
    Great win, delighted for Lennon after all the abuse he has got in the last few years, Rangers must be suffering as they await the visit of Peterhead this weekend.

Not really.

the_monkey wrote: »
    Fantastic to see a team with such heart get such a win.

Another case of Good prevailing over Evil.

lol, wut?

Dempsey wrote: »
    lol, wut?

dont mind him he tweeted after the game the last day saying Barca were owned by nazis or something...it was deleted soon after he posted it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Liam Brady on asked if Forster could play number 1 for England:

"Well they have Joe Hart, and he's very good. But Hart, he's not much good"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Fraiser Forster, performance(s) of a lifetime.

Fair play to Celtic, what an unreal result. Must have smashed all sorts of decibel level records when that 2nd goal went in.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

keith16 wrote: »
    Liam Brady on asked if Forster could play number 1 for England:

"Well they have Joe Hart, and he's very good. But Hart, he's not much good"

?
    He said Well they have Joe Hart who is very good but after that they haven't much

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Fraiser Forster, performance(s) of a lifetime.

Fair play to Celtic, what an unreal result. Must have smashed all sorts of decibel level records when that 2nd goal went in.

his most high profile performance yes, not a single celtic supporter is surprised by it because he has shown rapid improvement in the 2 years at celtic, from reflexes, agility to comfortable kicking off either foot are some of the aspects he's gone from average to world class at. its only the idea of him in the spl that gives people the wrong perception

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Fair play to the Bhoys, great result for them. A draw in Benfica and they are through, and even if they don't a home win against Spartak will be more than enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

Aw man,Rod Stewart balling his eyes out was priceless, delighted for all involved with Celtic FC tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Squ

patmac wrote:
    Rangers must be suffering as they await the visit of Peterhead this weekend.
    Doubt any of them are interested in a team leagues above them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

magic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Yeah what happened Rangers ? why are they in the 3rd division??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    ?
    He said Well they have Joe Hart who is very good but after that they haven't much

WHOOPS! Man, do I feel stoopid.

I did think that even Brady couldn't be as thick to come out with something like that!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement