Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 1 Week 9 Reports

Options
  • 07-11-2012 9:36pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Bears @ Titans
    A real defence led affair until the 2 min warning when C2J goes over for a TD Shortly after Cutler makes a TD pass.

Titans miss a long FG before HT 7-7

Titans force a fumble but Bears recover and the second half is another defence led affair
    Locker is having a poor game so Titans go back to C2J
    However it doesnt go well,Bears force a fumble, recover and take it back for a TD, Titans kick a FG.

Locker hits C2J with a dinky pass while the Bears blitz for a TD
    Bears are moving it into FG and TD range!
    They're on 3rd and 5on the Titans 12.. they make it,if they score a TD it's game, Titans make a key tackle on the 1! Bears kick a FG

17-17 OT Titans get ball first C2J makes 3 runs and gets the Titans into the redzone! and then I get disconnected, Damn you UPC i was on the fcuking 10 yard line

I may replay this later on if i get time
    On a side note Bears defense is pretty good, offense not so much

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Redskins 31-24 Panthers

This game started out awful for the Redskins as they suffered 3 consecutive sacks to punt it away. Carolina got going early and a good mix of running and passing got the ball into the end zone to make it 7-0. Then, on a pass which should have been completed, a Panther CB jumped the route and picked of RG3. The Panthers went 3 and out and took the field goal to make it 10-0.

This is where all hell broke loose. Firstly, Brandon Banks returned the kick off for a TD. For some reason, the booth reviewed it, it said the ruling on the field was upheld, but then sent me back to the 43 yard line :confused:

The Redskins moved the ball to the one yard line, and Griffin found Young in the end zone, between the numbers, but the stupid gimp dropped the pass, it was picked off before it hit the ground, and returned 108 yards to make it 17-0 Panthers.

The Redskins finally got going and made it 17-10 before the half time, Griffin finding Santana Moss in the end zone and a field goal as time expired.

THe Redskins then threw another pick which the Panthers converted into a touchdown to make it 24-10 with a quarter remaining. THe Redskins knew they needed a score quick and Griffin found Moss in the end zone again for a Touchdown to make it 24-17 with 6 minutes to go. The Redskins forced a 3 and out and got the ball back with 4:40 to go. The Redskins moved it until the 10 yard line where they came stuck, and eventually went for it on 4th and goal and couldn't convert.

The Panthers knew one first down would seal it. However, the Redskins D stood strong on first and second down. On third down came the game changer, as Newton found CB Josh Wilson who made a savage turn to get into the end zone and make it 24-24. Wilson immediately got another pick to get the Redskins onto the 5 yard line. On third and goal, RG3 found Moss for his 3rd TD to make it 31-24, and that was the game.

Josh Wilson makes up for weeks of not bothering to cover his man with two picks to win me a game :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Titans beat bears 24--20.

Impressed with the Bears D, they picked off 2 passes and then scored from the drive

Titans had 359 yards of offense, 112 rushing, 247 passing
    Locker gets 12 from 22,247 yards,1 TD and 2 Ints

C2J gets 26 carries, 108 yards and 2 TDs along with 5 catches for 136 yards.
    Wright also getting a TD for the Titans

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Locker gets 12 from 22,247 yards,1 TD and 2 Ints

Haha I read that as twenty two thousand two hundred an forty seven attempts!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

He wasn't far off it! From both games against the bears he was very very poor!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Jaguars 52-7 Lions.

I was half asleep when I started this after getting in from college earlier. I was 31-7 up before I realised I should take it easy so as not to affect Adrian's stats too badly, as he will be taking over the Lions again next week. But honestly I could not help but score the 3 TD's I scored after that. The CPU was so terrible it gave me a free pick 6, a huge play to Blackmon on a play action and so ineffective on offence that I was getting the ball in the Lions half every time, in an effort to run out the clock MJD went over for a TD twice.

Sorry Adrian, seriously, as I said I didn't mean for the score to get that big, a dick move on my part.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Jaguars 52-7 Lions.

I was half asleep when I started this after getting in from college earlier. I was 31-7 up before I realised I should take it easy so as not to affect Adrian's stats too badly, as he will be taking over the Lions again next week. But honestly I could not help but score the 3 TD's I scored after that. The CPU was so terrible it gave me a free pick 6, a huge play to Blackmon on a play action and so ineffective on offence that I was getting the ball in the Lions half every time, in an effort to run out the clock MJD went over for a TD twice.

Sorry Adrian, seriously, as I said I didn't mean for the score to get that big, a dick move on my part.

Kick field goals when in range

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Jaguars 52-7 Lions.

Cheers Mikey, make my night even busier. :mad: Have decided to kick you out of the league! :pac:

No, look you realised that you shouldn't have run up the score. I can't remember if its in the rules but generally if you are up by more than 24 in the 4th then you should just be running the ball and you really should have just kicked field goals or even punted.

Look, since you are new, its just a warning not to do it again and we will have a look into the rules. Obviously if you do it again then it will be a ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Raoul wrote: »
    Cheers Mikey, make my night even busier. :mad: Have decided to kick you out of the league! :pac:

No, look you realised that you shouldn't have run up the score. I can't remember if its in the rules but generally if you are up by more than 24 in the 4th then you should just be running the ball and you really should have just kicked field goals or even punted.

Look, since you are new, its just a warning not to do it again and we will have a look into the rules. Obviously if you do it again then it will be a ban.
    Raoul, there is nothing in the rulebook about running up the score against a CPU opponent. The wording as is relates to running up the score against a human opponent. Can I request that that you look at including a specific CPU rule with a specific scoreline rather than leave it vauge ( 30 points ??? )

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

Will do Berty, Lions are a human team though just Adrian is away this week.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Broncos 27 Bengals 24

Wow I just totally robbed Neko of a win here,quite possibly some of the most unluckiest plays I ever seen went wrong for him.I mean I've never seen them in the game before.
    One was where Dalton nailed a reciever,it bounces out of his hands into mine and I run it back for a fair distance,never seen that before.Another was where the bengals forced me to punt from my half,I punt upfield,bengals reciever catchs it,gets nailed straight away,flys out of his hands and 3 broncos dive on it within the bengals 20.
    And this is before I count the interceptions(on both sides) and fumbles(again on both sides).
    Even on stats the bengals were at least 100 hundred yards better on rushing and passing.
    O and neko I had my mic in but I pulled it when you threw that first interception cause you yelled "NOOOOO!!" and I burst out lauging,sry.
    GG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

Tight game between Falcons and Cowboys but the Falcons come out on top 34-28. It was 28-27 to the cowboys with 55 seconds left. With no time outs, Matt Ryan managed to drive Atlanta into the red zone where Michael Turner got into the endzone on a 12 YD TD run. With 19 seconds left and 2 time outs, the Cowboys couldn't manage to drive down the field for what would need to be a TD. Close game throughout with both defenses performing quite poorly.

Good game Rob, I enjoyed it. Good luck for the rest of the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

The dawg pound were very unhappy and were booing their team in the closing stages. :o

Some stats

Flacco 10-19 232yds 2 TD 0 INT
    Weeden 6-22 94 yds 0 TD 4 INT

Richardson 108yds on 19carries 1TD
    Rice 85yds on 18 carries 1TD

Ray Rice was leading reciever with 107yds
    Greg Little doing his usual habit of letting me down with drops :mad: He's just like the real life Greg Little!!

Honourable mention to the truck that is Vonta Leach, 2 catches for 13 yds, he hammered two Browns defenders to get 9 yds.
    Big man is hard to bring down!

Trent Richardson had an ok day but the Browns depend on the run game for everything.
    When the Ravens shut down the run game, it was easy pickings

Player of the game
    While Rice got a recieving and rushing TD, the best player I'd say was Ladarius Webb.
    Two picks and beating my recievers in one on one coverage

Ravens move on and look strong for a division lead.

Browns have hopes for a wildcard and snapping up future FA Joe Flacco this off-season :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Lukebray wrote: »
    Tight game between Falcons and Cowboys but the Falcons come out on top 34-28.

Definitely my most enjoyable game of the season, even if frustrating by usual Cowboy issues... Romo INT my own fault, Romo fumble on play action, offensive line inability to block, DB's dropped two of the easiest picks you'll ever see (one on the final game-winning drive)

Defense unable to get a stop after the first series, Falcons offense tough to keep in check especially with my retard safeties. On the plus side did better with Romo.

Good chatting to you Luke, good to have someone on the other end of the mic again. Well played, deseved the win. Last possession was going to win that one.
    Good luck with rest of the season

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Ravens move on and look strong for a division lead.

Chad your thoughts?

The Steelers despite doing everything in their power to throw it away beat the New York Giants 28-24 at the Meadowlands.

I don't have much time at the minute to do a report but the main points are I threw 5 interceptions!! dunno how I won, and my neighbors will no doubt be filing a noise pollution complaint after the shouting.

Empacher threw 2 picks in the final 4 minutes when chasing the game and that sealed it for me.

Good game as usual, rushing was non existent for both teams which probably helped in my pick fest.

I have the Cheifs next week before I am on holidays for 2 weeks and the interim GM A. Pilot takes over against the Ravens and Browns.

childplease.png.html?filters[term]=child%20please&filters[primary]=images

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Cardinals 7 Green Bay 14
    Packers total yards 251
    Cards total yards 314
    Rogers threw 8 completions for 163
    Skelton threw 10 completions for 228
    Both QB'S threw 2 interceptions
    Jennings 3 catches for 66 yards
    Finley 2 catches for 41 yards
    Larry Fitz 3 catches for 55 yards
    Shockey 4 catches for 88

Green Bay got off to a great start- 2 long drives for 2 TD, cards took awhile to get into the game but q3 was mainly filled with both sides going 3 and out.
    One of the best offenses Cards have played so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

PADRAIC.M wrote: »
    Cardinals 7 Green Bay 14
    Packers total yards 251
    Cards total yards 314
    Rogers threw 8 completions for 163
    Skelton threw 10 completions for 228
    Both QB'S threw 2 interceptions
    Jennings 3 catches for 66 yards
    Finley 2 catches for 41 yards
    Larry Fitz 3 catches for 55 yards
    Shockey 4 catches for 88

Green Bay got off to a great start- 2 long drives for 2 TD, cards took awhile to get into the game but q3 was mainly filled with both sides going 3 and out.
    One of the best offenses Cards have played so far.

Conversely one of the best defences the Packers have played thus far. Constant pressure, Peterson picking two off and keeping Mr. Benson on a short lease throughout.
    Cards are an upgrade or two on offense away from causing lots of problems for defences. Focusing on his Larryness and Wells cuts out a lot.
    Jordy held to just a single catch again although this one secured the win with a clock winding 1st down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

Colts 21 Dolphins 14.

Colts
    Luck 212 yards from 21 attempts, 1 TD, 3 Interceptions, and 1 rushing TD
    Brown 62 yards rushing from 15 attempts.
    Fleener 135 yards from 6 receptions and 1 TD.

Dolphins.
    Tannehill 187 yards from 19 attempts.
    Bush 50 yards rushing from 17 attempts.

Play of the game was a Robert Mathis 97 yard return TD from a dolphins fumble.

unfortunately i Forgot to write down who got the Dolphins TD's

Advertisement