Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accomodation-Eyre Square?

Options
  • 07-11-2012 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭

Could anyone reccommend a place to stay around Eyre Square?

For one night (Saturday 1st Dec). Parking if possible. I wouldn't be in any way familiar with Galway so any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

The Meyrick or Park House both have parking, you werent specific really so hard to know what you are looking for, very few places in and around Eyre Square have parking though.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

What style of accommodation do you want - there are three backpacker hostels either on the square, or one minute's walk away. www.hostelworld.com for details.

No they don't have parking. But there are lots of multi-story parking buildings around, and most places have an overnight deal of some sort. Map of inner city parking areas and buildings.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭big_drive

I'm going to a wedding in the meyrick hotel but its booked up. And it seems most places close by are too. Anywhere within walking distance?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭hamsterboy

You try The Imperial Hotel? Other side of the square....
    Also the Victoria Hotel

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

The following hotels are all either on or within 100 yards of Eyre Square.
    The Western
    The Skeff(lingtom Arms)
    The Radisson
    The Eyre Squre hotel (formerly the red square I think
    The Forster court hotel

There's also a few hostels + B&Bs nearby

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

There are many B&Bs along College Road, less than 10 mins walk.

Thanks for all the help guys. Will contact some of the above places

Guys, How far away is the Travellodge?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

big_drive wrote: »
    Guys, How far away is the Travellodge?

About 1.2km. See here for a map.

I remember a few weeks ago someone else who was looking for accommodation got a room in a B&B on College Rd (which is close to Eyre Sq) for 30 or 40 Euro.

Great thanks. Travelodge could be handy as it has parking. Loads of places booked up, seems a very busy weekend in Galway for some reason

• Advertisement
Advertisement