Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor - A Terrible Ordeal

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Or option three he could take it to the SmCC.

please do OP, I look forward to hearing the results of that one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

A stupid decision to stop payment when an issue is not being resolved by your supplier? Haha fair enough.
    An issue not resolved because you were unwilling to have your phone sent for repair. You've brought this all on yourself tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

zuroph wrote: »
    please do OP, I look forward to hearing the results of that one.

Under this SI he might well have a case.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭whippet

Dude .. Do your self a favour and just contact apple. They will deal with you direct and even offer the choice of an advanced replacement meaning you would t be without a phone.

While you accept that technically meteor don't have to comply with your demands you persist in demanding / expecting them and all your doing is annoying yourself.

Apple have one of the best after sales services out there and regardless of where I'd buy an apple product I'd always go to apple for support etc.

By the way ... If you are a business users you should consider speaking to one of the carriers about a business contract with SLAs and the like to make sure you will always have a service and phone ... You'll probably end up paying more but as it stands you are just a consumer to meteor.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Sounds like a software issue, did you restore in iTunes?

Anyway, phone's broken, they'll fix it and give you a (lesser) loan phone while they're doing that. Sounds fine. Think your overreacting.

Personally I'd send it to Apple, and pay the ERS fee (€29 I think) if I really couldn't be without it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

As I'm sure you will see in the post, I didn't 'Refuse' to send it away. I simply wanted to know how they were going to compensate me for said two weeks of inconvenience.
    I agree, I could have done as you suggested but as has been proved, I would not have received value for money as they simply expected me to take the two weeks of inconvenience on the chin. I say that's not good enough.
    You don't agree?
    You refused to send the phone for repair when told that this is what was required. Meteor are required to Repair but are not required to provide any replacement or loan phone!
    I don't think I can. Because technically they didn't break any rules as such (my opinion) they just simply ripped me off, and are standing by their actions and are blaming me for their actions.
    They sold you a phone and it has broken but you won't allow them attempt a repair, you have also stopped paying on a separate contract entered into for mobile phone service. How are they ripping you off? sounds like you just Don't want to pay the €80/month any more.
    Regardless of whether or not it says it in my contract, is actually irrelevant. This is not a contractual or legal matter. It baffles me why people automatically jump to a piece of paper for solutions such as this.
    I signed up on the basis that I as a consumer will get value for money. That simply was not the case. I didn't 'simply stop reading' as you out it either, in we'll aware of what the contract states.

The entire basis for my point on this (as it says in the post) is that I feel that even though Meteor can't control a problem with my handset if it arises and they have to send it off for repair, they must not then take no responsibility for the disruption to the service which was caused as a result if this issue. I would agree with your point if I had bought the phone directly from apple, and then signed up to Meteor. In that instance, they would have no hand or part to play in resolution of handset issues however the current deal means they are middle men between the suppliers if the handset and myself. I pay them for an agreed service each month (which includes the handset) however when something goes wrong, they essentially say 'we will send it off for you but that's it, no compensation for the disruption. And that, to me, is totally unacceptable.
    What would you have done in my position? Sent the handset away and keep paying your bill as normal? That wouldn't be fair in the slightest on you. Do you not agree?
    You signed a contract and now are refusing to pay up! Meteor will most likely block your iphone from use because they technically see it as stolen, and take you to court for the balance of your contract minimum commitment.
    The specific functionality if the phone itself is what made me sign up to this price plan. The fact that a lesser handset was offered means a diminishing of the paid for service by default. That is not necessarily the case with your example. That's essentially the main point I'm making regarding the replacement handset.
    stuff often breaks down, this is a fact of life and we seldom get loaners while waiting on repairs being carried out, get over it!
    No, I don't have any interest in talking to them on here about it because they refuse to accept they have not given me value for money.
    And yes, my argument doesn't revolve around the contract and its terms it's about good old fashioned value for money. Something very hard to find these days. I don't know about you but personally I expect any company that I pay top dollar to, to bend over backwards to keep me as a customer. Especially when a problem arises. None of this was in any way my fault. The solution is not as simple as you suggest.
    They will hopefully take you through the courts as an example, if you had put up with a loan phone for about 10 days they would have sorted you out with a few weeks worth of a credit or a months worth of rental but hey it's your loss!
    A stupid decision to stop payment when an issue is not being resolved by your supplier? Haha fair enough.
    Best of luck seeing how you refuse to pay what you owe and also refuse to discuss it with them!

Just to clarify that you are not entitled to a "similar" replacement handset while your own is being repaired as you seem to think from your interpretation of the Sale of Goods Act 1980. You are entitled to a repair or a replacement which must be of similar specification and value or a refund, Meteor have offered you a repair which you have turned down/refused to avail of. There is not much else they can do except take legal action to recoup monies from you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Offer of a loner OP puts you in a very weak position. I still dont think all the flack directed your way is deserved, however.

Advertisement