Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NFL Week 10

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

SantryRed wrote: »
    Bad pick by Luck there. They better not ruin my -3 bet.
    SantryRed wrote: »
    Gabbert you bottler. Jesus christ. Embarrassing sack.

So you don't want them to score, but your pissed he got sacked!!:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭gerire

Pudsy33 wrote: »

I'm on that too, and I think we're safe.
    Any gambler with a decent working knowledge of the season should be on that. I'm kicking myself for not looking at the -7 for 2/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Surprised you don't see more 'offloading out of the tackle' rugby style in the NFL

You would have thought with their handling skills they should easilly be able to handle that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

pithater1 wrote: »
    Surprised you don't see more 'offloading out of the tackle' rugby style in the NFL

You would have thought with their handling skills they should easilly be able to handle that

There is far too much to lose, the risk far out ways the rewards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

Jags need to offer 47% of their salary cap to MJD straight away!

pithater1 wrote: »

Don't know about that, only going to have 4 or 5 guys on each side of the ball who handle the ball regularly! Every rugby player will get their hands on the ball at least 4 or 5 times a game!

Only saw Luck's Gronk-smash....just not the same!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

kmart6 wrote: »
    Don't know about that, only going to have 4 or 5 guys on each side of the ball who handle the ball regularly! Every rugby player will get their hands on the ball at least 4 or 5 times a game!

Fair point actually.
    The ammount of times I've seen a run that makes a big 1st down I can't help but think 'if only that blocker stayed with him and was running off his shoulder' is something else though

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Yessss!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭Syferus

Gabbert to have a big one tonight. Calling it now.

Oh dear.

Jags really need to deeply consider drafting a QB first again next season as Gabbert is not going to be able to carry a franchise. Luck has half his experience and about ten times his poise and QB intelligence.

Only bad thing about this is I took the cowboys defence instead of the Colts in fantasy football!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

kmart6 wrote: »
    So you don't want them to score, but your pissed he got sacked!!:confused:

I'm pissed Gabbert got sacked because the guy is awful. He ran away instead of even trying to step up in the box. This guy is afraid. It's been obvious since he started playing in the NFL.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭deise_boi

God i hate that Fantasy Football ad on Sky. Looks like it was made by the same people that do Party Line

Man this is awesome. Colts are running it effectively.

• Advertisement

Great FF by the Jags in fairness!

Fricking love Bethea for some reason!

That's the second time Blackmon has laid someone out...didn't get called for it on the Gabbert sack!

Sorry, know I'm the only one posting but....lolz!

6-3!
    We roll into New England next week with at least the same record as the pats!

• Advertisement

taidghbaby wrote: »
    6-3!
    We roll into New England next week with at least the same record as the pats!
    Delighted with that win. By God the Jags are toothless without MJD. Another 2 rushing TDs for Luck. Class act.

davyjose wrote: »
    Delighted with that win. By God the Jags are toothless without MJD. Another 2 rushing TDs for Luck. Class act.

They're toothless with him too, but at least he makes them fantasy relevant.

Syferus wrote: »
    They're toothless with him too, but at least he makes them fantasy relevant.

They've always been a tricky team for Indy -- even with Peyton. They eat so much of the clock and dominate possession. This was by far the least stressful Jags game in years. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

The Jags are a very poor team, yet they seemed much better off with Gabbert off the pitch. I thought the second TD was a questionable call against the Jags. But the result was never going to be in doubt anyway. Enjoyed watching Luck, he don't look like no rookie QB to me. A very wise head on such young shoulders.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

Colts win easy as expected. Thought they got some help from the refs though, a few questionable flags went their way, as did the second TD. But despite that, they still would have won easy. Jags are muck. Luck is indeed good, but you would still know he is a rookie. Prone to facing towards his throw and taking a bit too long in getting it away. A few times the Jags corners had anticipated the throw, and a better defence may have got a couple more picks. But he is excellent though, things like that come with time, and he for sure will only get better and sharper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭mongoman

Enjoyed watching Luck, he don't look like no rookie QB to me. A very wise head on such young shoulders.

I have to agree with you there and what impresses me is at times, he shows such excellent pocket awareness that you shouldn't see, or expect to see from a rookie. I seen several of his games this season and you'd nearly forget there's a rookie on the pitch when he's playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Just watched the game there.

Luck is really good but def still makes a few rookie throws. Having Reggie Wayne as your leading wide receiver sure helps.

I actually felt sorry for Blaine Gabbert last night. His timing of throws seems to be off and he still seems to be sensing pressure but he needs help from his coaches. A few more runs leading to some play action might allow him to take a few deep shots. The colts had pretty much all 11 d's within about 10 yards of the line of scrimmage when the game was still a contest.

Is Cecil Shorts a carbon copy of victor Cruz or what. The Jags at least have 1 potential star at WR.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

6-3 for a rookie with that team is a serious achievement. Its the stand out performance this year from either rookie or non rookie in my mind. We all know what brady, rodgers and peyton can do - and they have done it well this year. But with the pressure on luck, come out with this, is hugely impressive. Its not like he has (bar Reggie) a receiving core that are up to much either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Colts have one of the easiest schedules though imo. Luck has been impressive but you have to keep the schedule in mind.

The combined schedules of the teams they've beaten are something like 0.396. They've lost to teams like the Jets and the Jags.

They're definitely on the way back up though with Luck at the helm. I just wouldn't go putting any money on them just yet.

Colts have one of the easiest schedules though imo. Luck has been impressive but you have to keep the schedule in mind.

The combined schedules of the teams they've beaten are something like 0.396. They've lost to teams like the Jets and the Jags.

They're definitely on the way back up though with Luck at the helm. I just wouldn't go putting any money on them just yet.
    I completely agree with ya that our schedule has been easy! Or at least most of te teams we have and will play are having very poor seasons in comparison to what they were expected to!

This team last year we were 0-9 and didn't know whether our greatest ever player would ever play for us again! It's easier to build a good or even a great team around a quality franchise QB - they can mask a lot of deficiencies in other areas of the team (Colts fans should know!). I don't think any Colt fans believe we're Superbowl contenders in the immediate future or even likely to dominate the AFC south like we once did, but we're a playoff contender now which is far ahead of where any of us thought we'd be! Extremely optimistic for the medium and long term future!!

• Advertisement

We're 3rd best in AFC and have beaten 2 NFC teams. We are a better than average team with much worse than average personnel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,384 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I've watched the colts second TD several times and I don't see where luck gets to the goal line. The whole replay system where if they make a call on the field you need to have conclusive proof to overturn it bugs me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Texans vs Bears, going to be a cracking game!

SNF couldn't have picked a better game

Really looks like Luck (ho ho) is having the best rookie QB season of all-time. It's not like Sanchez or Flacco where their defence carried them or Cam or RG3 where they've piled up the stats but not the wins.

All the rookie starters this year have been successes to different degrees, even if Weeden's quality above McCoy remains marginal at best. Clearly college ball is preparing QBs better than it used to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    The whole replay system where if they make a call on the field you need to have conclusive proof to overturn it bugs me.

If a play review is carried out and there is no conclusive video evidence to overturn the decision on the field, then what's the problem with that? You can't overturn a decision on the field, especially when you have found no evidence to reverse that original decision.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I've watched the colts second TD several times and I don't see where luck gets to the goal line. The whole replay system where if they make a call on the field you need to have conclusive proof to overturn it bugs me.
    I seen a replay from the side on NFLAM on Friday that clearly showed the ball crossing the line!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Replay system is fine. Ref overturning without conclusive proof could be horrendous. The overtime rules though...

Quality set of games on the tele tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

I think it only makes sense that the replay booth gives the call they think is correct. That's the general idea, right? To get the call correct? It's not like the referees on the field have any brilliant angle or anything. Under the current system the booth can often give calls they don't really think are correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Hernandez inactive again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭SixtyTwo

Masked Man wrote: »
    Hernandez inactive again.

Thank fook rest him up and get him fit for tougher opponents. We should offload the Bills with him and Shiancoe is a competent Blocker and Catcher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

davyjose wrote: »
    We're 3rd best in AFC and have beaten 2 NFC teams. We are a better than average team with much worse than average personnel.

Do you really think the Colts are the 3rd best team in the AFC?

Or do you just mean 3rd best record. Because that is very much dependent on strength of schedule, and all I'm saying is it's been relatively weak so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Anyone else have a feeling Texans-Bears will be a 3-and-out fest?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I want to see a massive improvement on third downs on both sides. Eli actually throwing for a TD. Defence to turn up.

That's all sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭OAOB

Chargers pick up Denario Alexander as a FA who hasn't played in a year, he just went 80yards for a TD

Keno 92 wrote: »
    I want to see a massive improvement on third downs on both sides. Eli actually throwing for a TD. Defence to turn up.

That's all sure.

And Webster to be taken out the back and bloody shot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

I think the Raiders 4th down attempt has to be the worst I've ever seen!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Softest sack the Ravens will ever pick up

I think it was Terence Cody the NT

OAOB wrote: »
    Chargers pick up Denario Alexander as a FA who hasn't played in a year, he just went 80yards for a TD

Yeah, i thought he played really well against KC on the Thursday night. Nice pickup.

Tampa and San Diego looks like it mght have a few points in it. Doug Martin is looking like Ray Rice from a few years ago.

This is going to be a long night...

• Advertisement
Advertisement